pls help me, my laptop got affected with virus

mobileman

In the zone
Experts, pls help me,
that after connecting my friends MMC, my lap showing something strange.
that whenever i am connecting internet, it trying to log in to gtalk, and sometimes, my gmail profile name seems "JAMMIE", also while using mails, the window getting refreshed.

hardly waiting to get rid out from these.
pls help me, coz, my lap HDD, contain lods of data.

hardly waiting

best
mobileman

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I assume you haven't installed any anti-virus yet. Proceed ahead with installing a free one- such as Avast. Update it and scan. Nothing big deal.

Pratik Pawar

Gaming for challenge
these strange things are surely the work of viruses:evil:
see, there are basically 3 types of security suites..:
.1.Antivirus
.2.Total security
.3.Internet Security (highly recommended)
the culprit in ur PC can be found out only by either .2. or .3.
if u hav only an antivirus, den I recommend u to remove it, 1st go for .3. den for .2. of da foll recommendations and update & scan ur whole PC till da prob is solved...:wink:
1)Kaspersky
2)BitDefender
3)Quickheal
4)Avast
5)Norton
...:thumbs:

nx112

Broken In
Just Follow my suggestion.

1)-First Download malwarebytes:- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.60.1 - Download - FileHippo.com

Install it and Do a full scan with it.

after scan ,remove all the Malwares it detects .

2)-After that, download Hitman pro :- Downloads - SurfRight (chose 32 or 64 bit version according to your OS)

And do a scan with it and delete all the virus it detects.

After doing this two steps i am sure your problem will definitely get solved.

koolent

Youngling
Bro, just be calm and don't do anything in a hurry, extract your important data into another HDD and Plug it into another laptop with an antivirus and then scan it first..

Now, Deal with your Lappy's HDD, install a suitable antivirus, Avast 7.0 is my personal favorite.. Scan your PC after getting or downloading it.. Hope you will get your Data safely and your system will be clean and secure, schedule a 'boot time scan' under the "Scan Computer" Tab.. ;) :)

If I did help, hit the rep button.. ;).. Only if I did help..

dibya_kol

In the zone
use kaspersky internet security, download free trial, install then update it. Scan ur hole system. It is one of the best.

koolent

Youngling
^^ Yup.. Avast is ment For the win
Bt take a look here:

Bro, just be calm and don't do anything in a hurry, extract your important data into another HDD and Plug it into another laptop with an antivirus and then scan it first..

Now, Deal with your Lappy's HDD, install a suitable antivirus, Avast 7.0 is my personal favorite.. Scan your PC after getting or downloading it.. Hope you will get your Data safely and your system will be clean and secure, schedule a 'boot time scan' under the "Scan Computer" Tab..

If I did help, hit the rep button.. .. Only if I did help..

I already posted that

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@OP: just download this & run (no installation needed)

eScan : Secure ? Scalable ? Reliable : Antivirus, Content Security and Firewall Protection for Servers and Endpoints

it will remove all the virus/spyware/adware

after completing install good real-time protection antivirus.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
install avast, update & do a boot scan. also install the scanner module of Avira antivirus (won't conflict) or Emsisoft Antimalware, update and scan to get rid of trojan and spywares that avast usually misses.

PS: this can cause the laptop to fail in booting as system files are likely to be deleted. keep backup ready.

OP
M

mobileman

In the zone
Just Follow my suggestion.

1)-First Download malwarebytes:- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.60.1 - Download - FileHippo.com

Install it and Do a full scan with it.

after scan ,remove all the Malwares it detects .

2)-After that, download Hitman pro :- Downloads - SurfRight (chose 32 or 64 bit version according to your OS)

And do a scan with it and delete all the virus it detects.

After doing this two steps i am sure your problem will definitely get solved.

Dear nx112,
i have gone tru your instruction, at first part, got lot of infected pieces. now to try the second AV.

will let her abt the info.

thanking you all.,
best

Theodre

In the zone
My suggestion would be to use the SOS pack that was given with digit itself. It worked for me, very well.My personal favourite is kaspersky. Write it to a cd from other than your system(so that there wont be any chance of your cd being infected) scan the whole system.... And in future be careful and try to use a linux distro. Cheers

OP
M

mobileman

In the zone
Dude nx112,
yest i got fixed my Lapp Issue. thanking you very much.

now having trouble with my Ext HDD, seems, this may effected from the Lap itself.
that, all folders in one partition, shows as a shortcut, and in the partition properties it shows, 29GB used, but inside that partition, shortcuts in as folder names, and those are with just 2KB. i cant access those folders, i am afraid,. cos those datas are precious for me.

lovingly

koolent

Youngling
to perform a boot time scan :

1- open your antivirus GUI.
2- Select the 'boot time scan' option under the 'Scan' tab.
3- Click on 'Schedule a Boot-Time scan'
4- Restart your computer and you will see the scanning window while computer startup..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
to perform a boot time scan :

1- open your antivirus GUI.
2- Select the 'boot time scan' option under the 'Scan' tab.
3- Select the external HDD from dropdown menu
4- Click on 'Schedule a Boot-Time scan'
5- Restart your computer and you will see the scanning window while computer startup..

corrected :smile:

Top Bottom