Please suggest a Graphics Card

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
6770 is the more viable option here considering the cost and choice of psu.

6770 and saga 500 is a good combination and more than enough for 1366x768.
Don't get 6790 as its a lot power hungry and needs two 6pin power connectors.

Msi 6770 is cheap now and costs 6.5k including taxes.
Check here.

Last edited:

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
No more confusions get a 6770

if u still hav doubts check this :grin:

further more check this out & see how power hungry is 6790

OP
I

iluvw810i

Broken In
Hey guys I have finally being able to sort out my required Graphics card and as well as the SMPS.

Card will be : ati 6770 HD and smps will be saga II 500 W
Three Cheers to the Digit Forum and all its helpful members.

Regards

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I told you. ;) In your budget that's the most balanced config IMO. Great choice.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Good Choice :D
Dont Overclock the card as soon as you get it. Let it run for a few days. Check how it it. Then you may overclock. But my suggestion is to Overclock only after warranty runs out :wink:

Best of Luck :)

OP
I

iluvw810i

Broken In
Guys just came back to town with the money to get the card. But right now, I have a new problem/query.
As in the earlier posts, I had told that I will be going for Sapphire Ati Radeon 6770HD. Now my tension is whether my motherboard will support it?

I have a Intel Classic series DG33FB motherboard with 4 GB of ram at 333.3Mhz.
Will it be risky to go for the upgrade?
Please reply friends

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
the graphic card will be 100% bottlenecked by processor unless it's of some E84xx series...

it's because i faced heavy bottlenecks and same problem with my C2D E7200 @ 3.2GHZ, but now no issues with my Core i5 :)

with C2D - Crysis 2 @ 1366x768 Ultra settings dipped to 12 FPS with GPU utilisation of only 33%

Buy a HD 6670 and enjoy gaming with medium-high settings with full utilisation.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, first of all, HD 6790 is more power hungry than a HD 6770 but it does not mean that it is very very power hungry. Even a good 450W PSU can handle it and in guru3D review of HD 6790, 450W is recommended. The maximum power consumption of HD 6790 in full load is 104W and the total system power consumption is 245W along with a 3.75 GHz, overclocked i7 965.
So HD 6790 is actually the best buy within the budget. Apart from gaming FPS, it will also offer better tessellation performance than HD 6770 as it is based on new BART architecture.

2ndly C2D 8500 is a pretty processor and there is very little chance of bottleneck with a HD 6770 or HD 6790.

OP
I

iluvw810i

Broken In
Just got the shiny new Sapphire HD6670 vapor-x card at 7.5k and FSP saga II 500w.
Dont have much games yet but tested it with Fifa 2011 and Battlefield. Never felt better. Dont know how much fps is being logged thou.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ iluvw810i - congrats ! Share some nice pics and what's the idle and load temp you getting with the vapor-x cooler ;-)

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
You can use "FRAPS" to know fps or "MSI Afterburner" to log the temperatures as well as FPS in game .

Show some pics :)

Top Bottom