please discuss here some of your views about doom3 and other horror games..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
allwyndlima said:
Silent Hill 3 & 4 I had bad experience with on the PC as they had crap control system.The overall look & feel of the game was dull so half the horror thingy went out of the window anyway.

I guess u havent tried Nocturnal (else u would have know wat it means to be really crappy controls).

The Protangonists in Silent Hill series were all normal ordinary human with no super skills or powers. Dont say that U would hav gone blasting things if u were in the shoes of the protagonists, an ordinary guy would be rather terrified and lack a bit of his cool, now if that guy carry a gun and shoots someone for the first time then chances r that 4 out of 6 will miss the target, and slaughtering an ememies will take a whole lot of courage and firmness against the guilt ridden conscience and his psychology.

So it may seem that the player felt like handicapped in some situations but it was the way it should have carried its genuiness.

While RE series was all abt blasting zombies point blank by a veteran. It was fun but nothing more than that.

You ever tried Silent Hill in hardest riddle mode ?? it takes a lost of brainstormin to solve those puzzles. They are nicely crafted.
And the endings are not just one but varies from 3 to 6, depending upon ur actions.
Sound effects were amazing and ambience added to the immersive effect. Akira really rocks in placing music for various situations. Theme music are a masterpiece.

Silent Hill was an experience:)

Harvik780 said:
^^I did that more than 3 years ago_Oh i forgot to mention i used cheats.:D

i got it ended without cheats:D

It was so easy if u know how to use shotgun and strafe. It was kinda dodge and shoot. Scariest part was the HELL stage, creeped me out. HellGuardian was awesome but rather stupid with those seekers.
HellKnight was almost indestructible if u didnt read the audio logs and watched video logs. After all that piece of cube did the trick.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@T159: To each his own buddy.I haven't tried SH with a gamepad.The first & last time I played it on PC,the mouse & the keyboard,were my only friends.Believe me it was no pleasure playing on it.That is why I guess people like it more on the PS2.Coming to the gameplay,I personally don't like the slow going survival horror games that much.Again that's just my opinion.Both SH series that I tried had the exact same feel to it.RE series I agree is more on zombie blasting action but RE4 was a game which was made with style.Right from the cut scenes to the boss fights.It was an experience in itself.This one had pretty good puzzle solving levels as well.Some of them were really frustrating at times.So this kept the game balanced rather than having that mundane zombie blowing tasks.;)

ambar.hitman

Journeyman
And as a matter of fact,RE 4 is considered best on gamecube,i dont know why,but they say PS2 version sucks as compared to gamecube version.Btw,i got frustrated in level 3.I am just sick of protecting Ashley.I wont play this game for a month now.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Wasn't it supposed to be a GTA style game? :rolleyes:

Has anyone tried Clock Tower? I had read it in one of the posts earlier in this thread & also had read about it on IMDB.But never actually know what the game was all about in the first place.Anyone tried it till now?

Nav11aug

In the zone
I haven't played Doom 3 or any other games later than that , so of all the games I have played , one of the scariest (or , rather ,The Scariest) was Return to Castle Wolfenstein . And yes, F.E.A.R was really scary but i only played the demo :( ... dnt have time to play games :((

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
allwyndlima said:
@T159: To each his own buddy.I haven't tried SH with a gamepad.The first & last time I played it on PC,the mouse & the keyboard,were my only friends.Believe me it was no pleasure playing on it.That is why I guess people like it more on the PS2.Coming to the gameplay,I personally don't like the slow going survival horror games that much.Again that's just my opinion.Both SH series that I tried had the exact same feel to it.RE series I agree is more on zombie blasting action but RE4 was a game which was made with style.Right from the cut scenes to the boss fights.It was an experience in itself.This one had pretty good puzzle solving levels as well.Some of them were really frustrating at times.So this kept the game balanced rather than having that mundane zombie blowing tasks.;)

no problemo:)

abtom said:
how is manhunt 2?
is it scary?

Its like Condemned:Criminal Origins (that was the best melee combat game ever seen and it was scary at every bit if u know u hav to smash up people with a pipe/wrench/steel bar/axe or shovel, ammo is always less than u can expect)

Manhunt has similar gameplay, u kill people to survive the doomsday in america where everyone has gone crazy.

Nav11aug said:
I haven't played Doom 3 or any other games later than that , so of all the games I have played , one of the scariest (or , rather ,The Scariest) was Return to Castle Wolfenstein . And yes, F.E.A.R was really scary but i only played the demo :( ... dnt have time to play games :((

RTCW was scary in Catcomb stage, those zombies were hell lot smart, if u shoot them chances are that bullets will hit u back after reflecting from their armour.

Remember Heinrich and Uber Soldat (Super soldier stage), it was more of a luck to kill them.

Last edited:

ambar.hitman

Journeyman
Ya,RTCW was hell of a fun.It had stealth,zombie,war missions,everything.And about manhunt 2,it will be stealth/action game.One of the goriest game ever.Banned in most of the countries.I played Manhunt on PS2,it was a splinter cell kinda game.

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
i have played condemned criminals origin demo.yes the game is a bit scary.what makes it scary is the lack of arms and ammunations.
in it the enemy attacks are good or ai is quite good with graphics.

well i have a question.will fear get played at intel 915gma.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom