please discuss here some of your views about doom3 and other horror games..

Status
Not open for further replies.

quan chi

mortal kombat
well guys i like horror games. and i heard a lot about doom3 being the best horror game.
and i searched for it but didnt get it.once i managed to get a pirated version of that game.:D.but it didnt worked:x.the cd was corrupted.:x

well i have finished land of the dead road to feddlers green.i found a little bit of horror in it.at the initial stages when the zombies appear from nowhere and those horrible sounds.:D

later it becomes quite a fun type of game. because you get many wepons to shoot or hit your enemy.

so is doom3 more scarier than this??
you can add spoilers and you can also post views about other horror games also.

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
Third Eye said:
F.E.A.R is more scarier than Doom 3.

well you can add spoilers also.which part of it made you feel total scared.
any special stages that needs a mention??

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
There is one series that will beat the crap out of u:

Silent Hill 1, 2, 3, 4 (though i hav only played 2 and 3)
Silent hill 5 is on way.

Another one is :
Fatal Frame series

quan chi said:
w\
and i searched for it but didnt get it.once i managed to get a pirated version of that game.:D.but it didnt worked:x.the cd was corrupted.:x

Edit ur post before u r on the hit list of Mods.

Last edited:

ambar.hitman

Journeyman
FEAR isnt as scary as Doom 3.FEAR is creepy,and doom 3 is scary.Elements of fear in FEAR are reduced as u mostly battle soldiers,where as in Doom 3,u fight monsters from hell.And boy,those monsters are scary.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
T159 said:
There is one series that will beat the crap out of u:

Silent Hill 1, 2, 3, 4 (though i hav only played 2 and 3)
Silent hill 5 is on way.

Another one is :
Fatal Frame series

Edit ur post before u r on the hit list of Mods.

I've played Silent Hill 4: The Room and yes it is absolutely scary! :D

bkpeerless

In the zone
heyyyyyyyyy bioshock is scariest and cold fear also(but not much)...
and is any new scary game on pc other than fear .........

ambar.hitman

Journeyman
Silent Hill 4 is considered least scary of the series.And fatal frame is OK,i just hated the idea of killing ghosts with camera,wtf?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
bkpeerless said:
heyyyyyyyyy bioshock is scariest and cold fear also(but not much)...
and is any new scary game on pc other than fear .........
Bioshock is scary ???..are u kiddin:mrgreen:, frm whom u were scared? (big daddy or those mutated psychos ripped from American classics like wrong turn and the hills have eyes).

ambar.hitman said:
Silent Hill 4 is considered least scary of the series.And fatal frame is OK,i just hated the idea of killing ghosts with camera,wtf?
I havent played Fatal Frame cuz i dont hav console but one of my fren got scared to hell while playin it(crimson butterfly) on his console.

One thing is for sure, any psychological survival horror game is scarier than just mindless violence and gore.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Doom III was pretty scary.I have yet to complete it in a dark room with headphones to be completely spooked out.The environment adds to the 'boo' factor for this game though many people argue about it's linear gameplay & this & that but I feel it's pretty good.

F.E.A.R is a mixed bag of reactions.I didn't feel it to be that scary but yes had it's share of spooks too.Resident Evil 4 was pretty scary if you ask me but it's better left on the console version rather than it's messed up PC port.Fatal Frame series has been much acclaimed as well but I have yet to try it's games.Forbidden Siren too I think is in the same league but this game is a PS2 only game.

Silent Hill 3 & 4 I had bad experience with on the PC as they had crap control system.The overall look & feel of the game was dull so half the horror thingy went out of the window anyway.

Bioshock had one point wherein I had just had a sudden jerk & my mouse slipped out of control.It was when I was at a point in the Medical Pavillion level where the lights went out & a seemed like a focus light got activated & I found a crazy Nurse just grab her wrench & came charging at me.I had no time to react & my shotgun got fired in the wrong direction.That was the only time when I got a jerk else the game is nothing much to be scared about.;)

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
hey there is a game Clive Berker's UNDYING.thts also really scary.the locations are really spooky.

ratzee199

Journeyman
Resident evil 4 is one of the best horror survival game i have ever played. I have played all of the Silent Hill series...DOOM 3....FEAR...Obscure...Cold FEAR...Undying...But in my opinion RE 4 is so far the best one in this genre...it is very addictive...good logical puzzles...good survival strategy...gr8 storyline...and tough challenging situations....I just love this game...and those who are complaining about PC porting...well try to play it using a PS 2 base game pad...and also download the latest patch..for all the graphics enhancement...
Though one thing I wanna admit it is not about fear and spooky areas...it is much more Psychological...while Fear...DOOm 3 are scarier than this..specially if u happen to play these two games with a great volume..

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
well many of you referred fear. what actually is fear.if you are battling with soldiers then from where the ghost comes.
well you can add little spoilers also.
hmmm....well hasn't anybody played land of the dead.

there is a spooky part in tomb raider anniversary also.when you visit the egypt piramids.the sound effects were excellent.its more like a mixture of thriller and horror.
this stage is a litle bit thriller.notice the amazing graphix here.
*aycu13.webshots.com/image/30652/2004221607949153132_th.jpg

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
ratzee199 said:
I just love this game...and those who are complaining about PC porting...well try to play it using a PS 2 base game pad...and also download the latest patch..for all the graphics enhancement.
I,for one,feel that no matter what graphic patches you apply or put up a gamepad onto your PC,it will never match the PS2 experience.I have tried it both ways & yes with all graphic patches.Tried it with Mouse+Keyboard combo which heavily diminished my interest & tried re-mapping the keys on a controller which was a pain in the butt.If you ask any RE fan out there they would instantly vouch for this game being better off on PS2.I have loved this games in & out.Heck I can proudly say it's the best game for PS2 till now.But on PC this just doesn't match up for some reason.;)

@max_demon: Isn't Stay Alive a movies name? I had just seen it a few months back & found it to be simply mind blowing.Didn't know there was a game made on it,or is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom