Playing media files without any issues

sumanthcs

Right off the assembly line
vlan used to give problems for me.. 2 windows used to open and half of the video used to play in one anfd the other part in the other window.. any solutions??

I personally use K-Lite Codec Pack along with Windows Media Player Classic .. seriously no issues at all!!! This combo rocks...

However I personally would seriously consider incorporating a play-list feature in WMP Classic. That pretty much seems to be the only thingie that is missing out in this s/w, atleast for the avg. home user.

vkr15

Broken In
I have a very basic question---how do I make vlc (or media player classic ) as the default player--will windows media player 10 allow this. I tried in " Set Program Access and Defaults" but could not figure it out. Only windows media player is listed in the custom options--can we include vlc or media player classic? I am the administrator on my standalone computer.
vkr15

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
Folder Properties -> File Types -> Goto Various types (*.mpg *.mpeg *.avi *.wmv etc.) -> Change the Default Opens with to whtaever u want

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
guess rt clicking on a file, selecting open with, and then selecting program to open with in dialog box that comes up (selecting the always open checkbox towards the bottom) works easier

[A]bu

Journeyman
you can try flash 5 and then import the music file that u wanna listen and then play the song...

amazingbrains

Broken In
Im having problems playin subtitles in vlc.only half of the line is visible.the rest half gets cut off.there is no option to change the x position in vlc.But the subtitles play wel in WMP.How can i change this?

vkr15

Broken In
Thank you friends--for suggesting the solutions for changing file association for making media player classic or vlc as the default. Music files now play correctly. I suppose this is another stupid follow up question --- though music files play correctly in media player classic(default in my case) the icons( in my songs folder) remain that of windows media player. How can I convert these icons to the media player classic icons(as they should be). Thanks in advance.
vkr15

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
use the method i told u before ... goto Tools -> Folder Options & there select the filetype & change the icon in Advanced options!

vkr15

Broken In
Hi Rohan,
Did what u had suggested earlier but perhaps I'm missing a simple trick. Once I change the file association the icon of media player classic is correctly displayed but only in the main folder options>file type >change window--the advanced button is modified to restore after this. The icons of mp3 files(in a folder on my desktop) remain those of WMP 10. On double clicking these files the songs,however are played correctly in media player classic.
Oh well, its not such a big deal and you've tried. Thx for your time.
vkr15.

viivaakash

Broken In
hi drgrudge

it's all the matter of player to decode the file and play

it if knows what it is and how to decode it it can do that

Even if u install a big codec pack even Ween-Dows- Media Player can play ( Iam not an appreciater of Ween-Dows)

SO u just need to have a large codec pack and a small player which can link to all those codecs and that's all the matter

But How could anybody decide which is best???????????????

Please Reply

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
viivaakash said:
hi drgrudge

it's all the matter of player to decode the file and play

it if knows what it is and how to decode it it can do that

Even if u install a big codec pack even Ween-Dows- Media Player can play ( Iam not an appreciater of Ween-Dows)

SO u just need to have a large codec pack and a small player which can link to all those codecs and that's all the matter

But How could anybody decide which is best???????????????

Please Reply
I'm using vlc player and it plays almost all formats

harikatt

In the zone
i am using mediacoder ,, its playing even the corrupted things.. , if a file is corrupted a part while downloading.. that too its playing upto the part.

i prefer to say mediacoder is the best.

thanks. hari

Hi...I am very confused with these codec kinda thngs...
When I installed K-lite codec pack My media Playere gave error and also WinAmp. So I had to un install.

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
before installing K-Lite Codec Pack you should uninstall all other codecs u have installed in ur system ... then do a clean install of K-Lite Mega Codec Pack ..

sushantvirdi

Journeyman
I am having a problem with the file below. I can see the video properly but there is no sound. I used Gspot to check the codec and it says the required codec is installed. I used many media players, but i just see the video, no sound. Please help...

File:
*d.turboupload.com/d/1461536/LOHRI_2.avi.html

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
ACE Mega Codec Pack is great... no need to download any other player or codec... *www.free-codecs.com/download/ACE_Mega_CoDecS_Pack.htm

[A]bu

Journeyman
have u tried sound recorder it can take music a play..........

many ways may

for more goto *freetipandtrick.awardspace.com or

contact at abu_poudel@yahoo.com
:smile:

many ways may

for more goto *freetipandtrick.awardspace.com or

contact at abu_poudel@yahoo.com

Last edited:

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Yeah VLC- player rocks... But doesn't include encoding codecs.. So I guess go for K-Lite Codec pack with all codecs installed.. including the encoding codecs...

Top Bottom