Playing media files without any issues

dtox

The Techno Perv
try mplayer.. download it from mplayerhq.hu.. better than vlc.. its faster as well..

heres the direct link: *www1.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32/MPlayer-1.0rc1-gui.zip

browse the site for more info on the player

volmetius

Broken In
Hii PPL!!! i have a problem with my onboard sound card!!!
It works fine with DTS: neo: pc enabled!!!
But fails to work under DTS interactive mode!!!
it is of soundmax audio ad-1988 (8 channel)
I also tried to upgrade its drivers!!! but no change in situation???!!!
Please give ur valuable suggestions as soon as possible!!!!

nvidia

-----ATi-----
how do i play .vp6 files?
these are the video files i found in need for speed carbon but i am unable to use it

Nabeel

Right off the assembly line
Hi, This post is very informative, however I would like some specific information. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

Last edited:

rajasekharan

Youngling
i use KMPlayer for everything out there..:)
you can get it from
*www.kmplayer.com/
i found it better than vlc.
as vlc refused to play some of my video tutorials that had tcs codec in it .or played improperly
so far KMP has played everything thrown at it in vista and xp ...:)

vinaych

Broken In
My Vote: Media Player Classic (comes with K-Lite Mega Codec Pack)
Install AC3 filter and configure it to your desired voice and surround levels.. Rocking!

if u r intersted in MPlayer engine... then SMPlayer is very good..
VLC is also very good..

Phreezer

Broken In
Yeah right...With K-lite installed you can play almost any file...& the Mplayer also comes with the pack along with bsplayer. bsplayer is useful while watching movies with subtitles...you can adjust the position, time-correct them etc. etc. Particularly when you end up with ur favourite movie in Spanish :haha:

VideoEditingIndia

www.VideoEditingIndia.com
VP6 is an ON2' Flash codec supported in Flash8. Almost all directshow players will play this file if this codec instaslled in your PC.

If you dont want to have a directshow player, try this *www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Video-Players/TrueCast-Player.shtml

expertno.1

Technomancer
there is one more player like VLC and i.e GOM player

it has much much more good interface than VLC and plays flv files better than it.....

*www.gomplayer.com/download.html

Thanks
Regards.....
Expertno.1

V

vaibhavtek

nice 1:p :p

one suggestion move it to tutorial section as it is a good one..

Edburg

In the zone
guys i have a video tutorial files....in wmv format

the problem is when i play it in win XP it plays just fine in any player....

but in win 2000 it is not playing(some players play only audio)....dont ask me why i use 2000....
gspot says that format is ASF(wmv or wmf) and video decoder not avail;able....

i have installed k lite mega codec in both OS and also VLC and MP classic players...so what shud i do...

i tried total video convertor to change the format but the app just hangs when i try to convert...

Last edited:

nadeem

hey plz help!
when i play .wmv file in windows XP Pro SP2 it plays fine,
but when playing the same file in windows Vista Home Basic SP1 using WMP11 i see a vertical flickering GREEN LINE or BAND while VLC Player Plays it fine.

SYSTEM CONFIGURATION:
Pentium D 2.66
512 MB RAM
Intel i865G inbuilt card
D865GSA motherboard

karmanya

Journeyman
does anyone know how i can get Gpac subtitles on mp4 files?
i posted this here-
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91065

john1

Hi,
I am new to this forum. I have one question, some movie files in my system is wrongly stored. By using which player will i be able to play them? And also if there is any software that can convert any file format to any other file format???

------------------------------
John

widecircles

frederick_benny_digit

]-[ E l l F R 4 G G 3 R
MPlayer:
MPlayer, is by far the most powerful player available. There is simply no contest in my opinion. But for new users, the lack of a native Windows interface can be daunting.

MPUI is a frontend for MPlayer that has a Media Player Classic feel to it.
The download has MPlayer packaged in and no installation is required. The packaged version of MPlayer is a little out of date...you can simply override mplayer.exe with a newer version and it'll work fine.

Web Site | Download

*www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/images/shot19s.jpg
MPlayer on Windows XP

Thread stickied

totally agree...i use mplayer with k-lite... very few rare files which dont work rite in mplayer i play in media player classic....

Top Bottom