Playing media files without any issues

anurag.arora

Right off the assembly line
I personally Like K-Lite Codec Pack ........
It can play almost everything without anything and is lighter than than any other player ..... with the clasic look of media player classic ~

anzaan

Broken In
just use fddshow or any good codec packs for tat matter. n keep a seperate mp4 player.
n u can play any file in any god damn player!!

aura

Sync dreams to reality
Now a large number of freely downloadable players are available in the market which can play any and every file format. Some of these are VLC Player, GOM Player, Media Player Classic, MPlayer, KMPlayer etc.

Choosing from these is totally your choice depending upon the the interface you prefer.

dreams

Gracias Senor
I personally was using k-lite codec and media player classic some 3 years back..recently the technology has changed and the movies have come out in 300MB and tht too in .mkv format. when doing a R&D, stumbled upon this awesome gr8 free player. It is called Zoom player. After install, it downloads all the necessary codecs itself. believe me, I am now using this layer for all audio and video purposes. one hell lot of a player. try it out. no need to install any additional codec pack and no hassle of configuration.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I have a doubt,

When i play certain video files in VLC, and if I use fastforward with
Shift+ -> i and hold on to it, the palyer won't respond. If it responds I'll get the audio and the video appears after 3 to 4 seconds. What would be the possible cause?

g4meboy

please can anyone tell me for god sake how to post a thread here....
guys am new to this forum... theres no rply from any admin or mod how so ever..
Please if anyone can help thank you very very much:?:|:|

g4meboy

BTW gom player's gud...
but when it really comes to playing files not opening with either of k-lite codec pack, vlc, wmp11, GOMplayer, or anything else,, i prefer real player(shud be updated)....
can play almost anything d/loaded frm youtube,etc, etc(not to name all of them)...
files d/loaded frm there are almost 90% broken:|

misd

Hello all,
Iam unable start a new thread.I just purchased a Sony HDR-XR100 camcorder and am having trouble with the imported video. My first problem is it doesnt have a firewire output so Im using the USB port. Once the video is imported, when viewing the video through the provided software its all jittery.It plays fine in the camera.The files it creates are .mts files. I can see the quality is superb but its jut very jittery and unwatchable.I have tried every player but in vain. Please let me know whether i require any upgrade.Thanks in advance for the help. Here are my specs:
Intel P4 2.40GHZ
1GB RAM
160GB HD
GeForce MX4000 -128mb RAM

Krow

Crowman
Convert the files to H264 avi using any video converter/super video converter/total video converter, then play with VLC Media Player. Report if this works for you.

misd

i dont want to waste the time in converting videos & watching....any other solution please

Krow

Crowman
Try Total Video Player. Converting videos is not a waste of time for your information. It will help you play videos anytime anywhere. Most of the HandyCam formats are crappy nonsense which most players don't support.

misd

i have tried TVC & other converters but lost some quality of the videos...plz suggest me a proccy, mb and RAM for an upgrade for around 20k by which i can play HD videos smoothly

Krow

Crowman
Wrong thread, please post your query in the hardware troubleshooting section. Make a new thread if possible, else post in the basic guide to purchase a new system thread.

pbtg

Broken In
I am amazed to see no body has mentioned the duo of

K-Lite Mega Code Pack and the KM Player........

Just install these two and forget any worries for any kinda file format

digibrush

digitalpainter
VLC Media Player 64-bit download - Simple and versatile multiformat media player - X 64-bit Download

*img209.imageshack.us/img209/233/vlcu.jpg
It shows this is not 64bit.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I tried. But after download when i instal it show as 32 bit...I dont know why...
I will be happy if anybody drop a proper link of vlc player 64bit:)
well, VLC Player 32bit works (plays videos) for you or not??

It should work in 64bit Windows 7 imho.

Top Bottom