#PK #Piracy? Akhilesh Yadav 'Downloads' a Controversy

Flash

Lost in speed
*www.ndtv.com/news/Akhilesh_Yadav_slammed_twitter_650.jpg

Akhilesh Yadav said:
"People had been telling me for many days to watch PK. I downloaded it a few days ago, but only found the time to watch it last night. I liked it immediately and decided to make it tax-free so that more people can watch it"

The Chief Minister's Office attempted damage control with its own tweet this morning.
"#UPCM #Akhileshyadav has licensed @UFOMoviez digifacility to download & watch movies. Controversy around pirated download is unwarranted," said the tweet.

Officials say the Chief Minister has a legitimate paid download facility, but it is not clear whether it is allowed for films that are still running in theatres.

More @ #PK #Piracy? Akhilesh Yadav 'Downloads' a Controversy

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
We can watch from UFO movies directly from home if we obtain a license. I've known lot of people watching like this.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
is pk even available on ufo movies ?

the site says 'coming back soon'. may the news took its toll on it! :lol:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

could it not be that he indeed download it from a 'black flag' source, and after realising what he blurt out, asked the CMO to control the damage, and UFOmoviez was then brought into the picture?! :D

(without any feeling of self-righteousness) am more inclined to believe that this chiraag of an 'ever-gracious-on-murderers-and-oppressors' khaandaan and govt. did indeed, download it, from an *ahem-ahem* source.

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
im pretty sure every single person that used a computer in india has had access to atleast one pirated software, every single person imo

nishanth_che

Broken In
He must be a member of UFO moviez's Club X. Members can watch select movies at home as soon as they hit the theaters, quite popular with top actors, celebs, rich and the famous who own high end home theatre systems.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
The crime would have been watching PK and not making it Tax free. :lol:

Come on.. Give the guy some slack.. He made the movie tax free in UP. Now I can rewatch it for under 100 rs in select theaters. :D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Come on.. Give the guy some slack.. He made the movie tax free in UP. Now I can rewatch it for under 100 rs in select theaters. :D

Someone's using his powers to justify for all the wrong reasons.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Club X costs per screening, and the movie is beamed for that screening. Don't think there is any legal way to "download" it so soon

rish1

Cyborg Agent
PK was Downloaded Through Authorised Site: Akhilesh Yadav's Office

The screening of PK was done on Club X media server installed at Akhilesh Yadav's residence. The Club X service enables authorised private screenings of movies at Club X licensed auditorium of its members. Movies can be screened from the date of their theatrical release in India," an official statement issued by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav's office said here.

"Movies are delivered to the Club X media servers over a captive satellite network or are physically delivered and are stored in a digitally encrypted form. A licence is required to playback the movie each time and is issued based upon the authorisation received from the content owners," it said.

"This is a commercial service with all the necessary authorisations from the content providers. This screening was done with a licence which was issued specifically for this screening," it added.
Assumptions about downloading a movie over the internet and any any unathourised used are baseless, it said.

1 of the comments
It took Akhilesh's office 3 days to ask around to figure out if there is any 'legal' download facility they can use to defend. FACT - PK is NOT yet out on ClubX (anyone can check their site for the list of recent movies). The 'latest' release they have is Bang Bang! Would anyone notice this deception?

Top Bottom