Photo Projects - Practical Approach

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
@amlan..thanks...bokeh can be produced by any lens...its a matter of technique

I really need to realize this, for the past month i tend to blame my equipment for stuff and then try to fix everything in post.
Its making me more of the instagrammer type photographer.

So lets shoot some awesome bokehs :sly::sly:

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
@faun here is the wide pic of nikon 55mm 2.8 micor...pic is not good but u can see the bokeh

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7366/10101040603_dc32e8d5c3_c.jpg
nikon 55mm wide by sujoypackrasy, on Flickr

its not a portrait lens soo maybe you will find the bokeh not too good from far away but I will show you example where i shot it from very close and bokeh came very creamy

*farm7.staticflickr.com/6094/6321921083_5a6cbdff7c.jpg
Insect by sujoyp, on Flickr

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
nac you can...put your camera in macro mode and take shots of object from closest possible distance...try on a flower

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Nac, you have a canon sx series right? Just zoom out to the max and use manual focus to get to the minimum focusing distance.

Place subject and move cam till object is in focus. Choose a place where the background is very far away. (balcony, park, hall etc).

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, I can get some bokeh... But not that creamy, misty, foggy washed out background...

nac

Aspiring Novelist
nac post something so that we can see it... :)

I think, I have posted these before...
*imageshack.us/a/img29/3356/2dtj.jpg

*img853.imageshack.us/img853/864/ry0b.jpg

*imageshack.us/a/img546/2595/pqla.jpg
I am not saying these are not good, given the sensor size, it's fantastic. Just that the one's we get from a bigger sensor are much better :)

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Those are some really good shots nac, and then you ask people here if you can get a bokeh with this lens :p

my contribution to this project

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3713/10140734475_e973fe6ebf_c.jpg
Shooting a shooter by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

shot this yesterday. I guess the bokeh in this is way better than my previous shots

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
nac those are nice...good enough

@amlan try more....yes this is a good composed shot..but u can have more bokeh

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
*farm4.staticflickr.com/3796/10212604754_43d07c2122_c.jpg
DSC_0190 by GirishGokul, on Flickr

Is this any good?? :D

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
@nac - The flower photo is too good; do you have a colour version too ?
I never get those kind of bokeh light circles.

What's that thing in the foreground in the 2nd one ?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ Yeah, I have colour version too... Since I have already shared a colour version of the image (from the series), I posted black white.
That's a dried leaf in the foreground.

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
but no one did anything on last project :( y new project ...I tried something but its not looking good

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
but no one did anything on last project :( y new project ...I tried something but its not looking good

Not fair, I've been shooting bokeh's for the past two weeks. To the point that people have started telling me "dude, half your photo is blurred, you should've purchased a real SLR, not this half jugaad :("

Anyhow just to hammer in my point here is another one
*farm4.staticflickr.com/3724/10295211934_3b3d7d27d8_c.jpg
Sound engineering by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
@amlan this is nice...liked it.

and yes people say that bokeh is a waste ...says itna mehanga camera and poora focus me kyo nahi aata :D mera 5k se acchi pic aa jati hai :D

anyways we are part of artistic world and not snap shot photography world ...right ?? when a modern art of mf hussain having a horse head can sell for million doller then we are doing great ;)

Top Bottom