Photo Projects - Practical Approach

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Any suggestions for the next project people. I've been trying out high speed photography over the past few days. If you people are ok then we can keep that as the next project. What say?

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
High speed photograpy

This time's project is about using the highest shutter speed of your camera to freeze things that our eyes can't see. So things like water drops, popping balloons, breaking glass. The basic rules are pretty simple, you need lots and lots of light. so shoot in bright sunlight or use your flash.

sunlight
1. Use the highest shutter speed on your camera to freeze the motion
2. keep aperture narrow f/8 types so that you have a decent depth of field (you may need to increase this if light is low)
3. High ISO (400-800) to compensate for the high shutter speed and small aperture
4. burst mode can be used since it's hard to get the timing right

flash based
1. Use a dark room so that the flash is the main and brightest source of light
2. aperture will need to be set according to how much light your flash gives
3. High ISO
4. Using a flash will limit your shutter speed to 1/250 or 1/160, don't worry, the flash itself gives light for only 1/1000th of a sec so it will act as your shutter speed
5. burst mode might not be available, so try try try to get the timing right

*cdn.tutsplus.com/photo/uploads/legacy/401_fastshutter/Chaval%20Brasil.jpg

*cdn.tutsplus.com/photo/uploads/legacy/401_fastshutter/Steph.jpg

*cdn.tutsplus.com/photo/uploads/legacy/401_fastshutter/Edward%20Horsford.jpg

Go on give it a shot

I tried this out this weekend so I have a few images already, sharing them here.

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2833/12405421175_678e49a51f_c.jpg

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks amlan for the example ...ur shot wont count ..remember the rule...you have to shoot after creating the project :D :D

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Crap... should have created this project a day earlier then ...:(

No worries though, it was awesome fun the first time round and I just hope I'll get time to try it out again this week.

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Today I tried this high speed shots ...and none of them look good ...wasted whole afternoon splashing ball on a bucket
Will try with my off-camera flash tomorrow...I thinks its easier with flash

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Here I was thinking that this project would be something that everyone would try, since it involves stuff that you can easily get at home and pretty much any camera can do this.

kaz

right here
High Speed Photography (I don't know whether this qualifies or not)

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7407/12674603304_247df24893_z.jpg
Kick
This is a cropped one, the full picture is better but I don't want to promote nudity on TDF :D

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
nope this doesnt qualify ....I mean u have to show the face of the person kicking the ball else how will we know he was running or walking or standing like that

kaz

right here
You wanna see that guy topless :lol: ok I will put the uncropped one then....And if my friend gets to this then it would probably be my last upload :X

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Golden hour project
a very very late entry to the golden hour project

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7419/12953562814_98c9cb5196_c.jpg
Time to light the lamps by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr