Phone for 10k

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Need a smartphone for 10k for a friend.
Requisites are listening to music, taking pictures and the usual stuff.

Budget as mentioned is 10-12k.

She shortlisted htc explorer and xperia mini.

Which one would be a better choice?

And are there any other/better options?

Please reply soon. kind of urgent. thanks :)

sc3n3l0v3r

Journeyman
as i can see you have pointed fones that are of Android Platform...
So I can suggest a great deal of Sony Xperia Ray @ Rs.12,750/- from eBay..Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray ST18i Mobile Android v2.3 | 3G with Wi-Fi + Warranty | eBay

And if she is an Samsung fan then Samsung Galaxy Ace will be another handy option @ 10K
Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 Touch Screen Android Mobile Phone : VAT PAID BILL | eBay

The above mentioned fones are also good ..d HTC Explorer is great fone but Xperia Mini is kinda of dislike from my side.....

techlover

In the zone
as i can see you have pointed fones that are of Android Platform...
So I can suggest a great deal of Sony Xperia Ray @ Rs.12,750/- from eBay..Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray ST18i Mobile Android v2.3 | 3G with Wi-Fi + Warranty | eBay

And if she is an Samsung fan then Samsung Galaxy Ace will be another handy option @ 10K
Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 Touch Screen Android Mobile Phone : VAT PAID BILL | eBay

The above mentioned fones are also good ..d HTC Explorer is great fone but Xperia Mini is kinda of dislike from my side.....

Well see the Sony Xperia Ray link u gave come with 6 month seller warranty which is different from manufacturers warranty...that is why i thought why was it so cheap ...its actually 17.5k on flipkart
Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray ST18i: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com

And Galaxy Ace is a good phone and has a larger 3.5 inch screen but i recommend Sony Live with Walkman in this range...it has better features than Ace :) ..Good Luck :)

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Buying from ebay is not an option :( And she doesn't like samsung so thats out of the window too :S
But thanks guys.

Any other options?

If none,then should I ask her to go along wih the htc explorer? (The only thing i dont like about it is the low internal memory. 90 mb or so :\ )

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Why not look for Xperia Mini? 3" is not too small. And battery life is descent. Heating issue is there but its more or less sorted.

clmlbx

Technomancer
xperia mini is a good phone but that is gonna cost you 12K.. most probably I am gonna buy that next week.

@ sam what heating issues.. with ICS update hope everything solves.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@ sam what heating issues.. with ICS update hope everything solves.

initially the mobile will heat up really bad. you can use it but it'll be as warm as laptops. and then appeared another problem. the touchkeys started activating by itself (cause of heat). an update fixed it as it lowered the sensitivity of the keys. now everything is working fine. But i am sure ICS will bring its own set of problem.

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Yes I read about the heating and problems with automatic button activation. Since she is not a tech geek I thought she might panic if her new phone starts acting weirdly. So told her the pros and cons of both devices.

I asked her to try out both the xperia and the explorer both at some store.

aroraanant

Explorer
Explorer costs 8k and considering the price its a very good phone.
If you want a phone around 12k then you can have a look at Live With Walkman for 12.5k

Top Bottom