Petition to Airtel Broadband. Please sign!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
kalpik

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
A very nice video about net neutrality: *afup.broadbandforum.in/net-neutrality

I hope all you guys are spreading this as much as you can. We need a decent amount of signatures before we can take this forward!

WTF BC

Right off the assembly line
Singed By me with lots of ****.
Any one know ID of mittal? Just want to give him link 2 Railwire site

kumarmohit

Technomancer
You know, Even if I am not a customer of Airtel, I am really worried about the loss of Net Neutrality. I will suggest two things:

One, anyone of us who has actually seen the service degraded sue Bharti Telefraud in Consumer Court.

Two, let us meet up and form a charitable trust, Collect some money and hire a lawyer then file a PIL against Bharti in Civil Courts. I say that we file a PIL which asks Bharti to get rid of this crazy policy as well as take an advance injunction from any other ISP going for such crazy things.

Online Petitions are not gonna work in India if my knowledge is correct. No body really cares. Send them proper legal summons from courts of law and they will have to answer for their actions to the people who will bust them if they do not.

It might be a long and drawn struggle but we have to be prepared for it if we want safety for a long term.

I think this is high time Digit too clears its stand on Net Neutrality and since they have the power of journalism, if their views meet ours, I request Digit to launch what my teachers in the journalism college told me is known as a Journalistic Crusade.

Last edited:

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
i signed it too...
btw i came to know that even in the UK,Sky has a "limit" on their "unlimited" connections.!
Absolutely not.I was never charged single penny for unlimited downloads on sky ,( and i was torrenting day and night).I dont know if few of the cities have it but in Runcorn,UK where i used to be unlimited was free as air.

snubbed

Broken In
The guys from Airtel corporate office called me. I shouted at them for 15mins. I said i'll sue Airtel for cheating. They said they'll pass on my feedback about AFUP to the mgmt.

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
^^Like that's going to make any difference. They must have heard the "sue" part so many times after introducing the so called "policy".

If they lower the rates then its still fair, otherwise I don't see the point.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
A very nice video about net neutrality: *afup.broadbandforum.in/net-neutrality

I hope all you guys are spreading this as much as you can. We need a decent amount of signatures before we can take this forward!

DIGG ENTRY : *digg.com/world_news/Airtel_and_Its_Fair_Usuage_Policy

BLOG ENTRY : *urssiva.com/2009/02/27/airtel-and-its-fair-usuage-policy/

I have done my part ...

what about you guys ??

and needless to say changed my status sentence in orkut to link to by blog entry ....

vaithy

In the zone
First, I wish to all the members who have signed here, best of luck and success but I cann't sign as I am an employee of BSNL and it will raise some conflict of interest as well as, your complaint and struggle may brushed aside as supported by rival ISP employees...
But I can explaining my views without any conflict of Intersts,as I had dealt with customers complaints,consumer forum orders, and consumer laws..
Now My question is,
1) Whether anybody has the written letter or notice issued by Air Tel in this regard?-A-1
2) Whether any body has the copy of the letter,complaint submitted to Airtel,and reference no. given by them? A-2
3) And finally reply given by the Airtel (hard copy or soft copy if it is e- mail) and alleged website notification copy saved in html format..A3
Now approach TRAI-(Go to their web sites where the feed back section or contact section entered your complaint along with your Annexures..Since Airtel mentioned TRAI order, you also require the copy of the order..
Under the mandate given to TRAI it should have consulted the stake-holders(both ISP and Consumers)
What are Your chances?
1.When you purchase the BB connection signing the application and received the connection. a contract is established between the parties...A contract willbe a full unconditional unalterable ( unless a clause inserted by the parties concerned)
2.In the present case You have taken unlimited internet connection from the ISP by agreeing to pay certain amount for the period mentioned(monthly or annualy).
3.As long as you pay the bill correctly the ISP is bound to provide your connection as per original agreement.If on any account the ISP has altered the plan conditions without your agreement you can sue him in court of Law, for breach of contract, and claim damages as per law.
4.the only way Airtel subverting above road is, Airtel can anytime close the connection/or the plan, and reitroducing the same plan as 'Limited'. I am expecting you and all other Airtel users may recieve 'e-mail notification that the original 'plan'Unlimited no longer existed,and ask you to change to the new plan, then it weill be too late.. don't forget Airtel has a battery of Attorneys at their disposal

I don't beleive TRAI has issued the order.. Because BSNL so far not received it, if they receive, the first course they will forward it to Law Ministry opinion...

vaithy

OP
kalpik

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
First, I wish to all the members who have signed here, best of luck and success but I cann't sign as I am an employee of BSNL and it will raise some conflict of interest as well as, your complaint and struggle may brushed aside as supported by rival ISP employees...
But I can explaining my views without any conflict of Intersts,as I had dealt with customers complaints,consumer forum orders, and consumer laws..
Now My question is,
1) Whether anybody has the written letter or notice issued by Air Tel in this regard?-A-1
2) Whether any body has the copy of the letter,complaint submitted to Airtel,and reference no. given by them? A-2
3) And finally reply given by the Airtel (hard copy or soft copy if it is e- mail) and alleged website notification copy saved in html format..A3
Now approach TRAI-(Go to their web sites where the feed back section or contact section entered your complaint along with your Annexures..Since Airtel mentioned TRAI order, you also require the copy of the order..
Under the mandate given to TRAI it should have consulted the stake-holders(both ISP and Consumers)
What are Your chances?
1.When you purchase the BB connection signing the application and received the connection. a contract is established between the parties...A contract willbe a full unconditional unalterable ( unless a clause inserted by the parties concerned)
2.In the present case You have taken unlimited internet connection from the ISP by agreeing to pay certain amount for the period mentioned(monthly or annualy).
3.As long as you pay the bill correctly the ISP is bound to provide your connection as per original agreement.If on any account the ISP has altered the plan conditions without your agreement you can sue him in court of Law, for breach of contract, and claim damages as per law.
4.the only way Airtel subverting above road is, Airtel can anytime close the connection/or the plan, and reitroducing the same plan as 'Limited'. I am expecting you and all other Airtel users may recieve 'e-mail notification that the original 'plan'Unlimited no longer existed,and ask you to change to the new plan, then it weill be too late.. don't forget Airtel has a battery of Attorneys at their disposal

I don't beleive TRAI has issued the order.. Because BSNL so far not received it, if they receive, the first course they will forward it to Law Ministry opinion...

vaithy
Thank you for your post! Ill forward this piece of information to more knowledgeable people, and we will see how we can take this forward. I will keep you guys posted about any updates :)

vaithy

In the zone
Now today TRAI has issued order for ensuring minimum BB speed for all customers..

The regulator has fixed a minimum ‘contention ratio number’ of users who can share the same bandwidth to ensure that customers get better and higher broadband speeds. Earlier, there was no such restriction on operators and they were offering service at a contention ratio of 1:80 to 1:100 (which means the same bandwidth would be used by 80 to 100 customers). Under the new guidelines, the contention ratio for broadband at home has been fixed at 1:50 and for business at 1:30.

A senior executive of a leading ISP said: “It will be good for customers, but operators may have to buy more bandwidth and therefore the tariffs for broadband will go up. Also, even at the existing ratio consumers will not get more than 64 kbps speeds.”

In pursuance of its regulation on ‘Quality of Service of Broadband Services’ in October 2006, the regulator had issued a consultation paper on the bandwidth required for ISPs for better connectivity and improved quality of service.

In its guidelines, Trai said, “There have been complaints from the subscribers regarding inadequate broadband speed being provided by the ISPs. Most of the complaints allege that the available broadband speed is lower than the subscribed speed.”

Trai further said that though the existing regulations stipulated parameters for speed of connection and bandwidth utilisation, monitoring these was difficult. In such a scenario, it was important to enhance subscriber education and awareness for better understanding of internet services, it added.

Moreover, it is mentioned in the guidelines issuance notification that "any regulatory burden in present economic environment of Internet sector may increase the cost of service provisioning and will adversely impact the growth of broadband. The Authority prefers least regulatory intervention while providing greater flexibility to service providers to ensure better quality of service to internet/broadband subscribers."

Therefore, subscribers cannot expect ISPs to be in a hurry to enlighten subscribers with the nitty-gritty of why they cannot be assured better broadband services.

I don't know whether the same order is used for Airtel's present policy ?

*www.business-standard.com/india/news/trai-moves-to-ensure-broadband-speed/00/55/350721/&com=y

Last edited:

tapan_011

Right off the assembly line
done

the link for FUP in airtel site is

*www.airtel.in/applications/xm/Fair_Usage_Policy.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom