Graphics is Awesome...???

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hey guys is the latest PS3 game uncharted 2 (graphics) is comparable with Crysis...or not..

the gameplay is gud of this new game..i hope it will be available for PC as well. :))

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
@Karan: No way in hell. It looks good, but can't be compared to Crysis. Hell, somebody here will tell "Dude, it's way better than Crysis", but absolutely NO. Darn! PS3's comin' closer to PC. Maybe I'll vote for X360 over PS3 :D. X360 looks darn good & the graphics ain't so inferior to PS3. Microsoft Xbox 360's great, but PC Fs Universe!

Ps3 graphics is based on the HDMI quality. If you play games in HD TVs it looks awesome.But not good enough in a common flat tv screen.

cyborg47

Technomancer
^^feel of the console gaming?...what about the high definition gaming...fps drop in PC's, but consoles can manage them on a HDTV as well @ 1080p resolution...am i rite???

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
For graphics, nothings compares to a PC, sony touts that the RSX Reality Synthesizer in the PS3 is only just more powerful than two Geforce 6800 Ultra GPUs put together. Compare that to what the PC now has from NVIDIA and AMD, the Geforce GTX295 and the Radeon HD 5970. The Radeon HD 5970 can output @ Resolution upto 7680 X 1600 on 3 displays. AMD has demonstrated Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Dirt 2, Dragon Age Origins check the following video:-

*www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/dragonage/video/6240861

official

In the zone
If it is eye candy you wish then there is hardly anything that can beat PC, not only that, it is multipurpose and versatile unit. I own both Ps3, xbox 360 and a PC with AMD x2, 8800gt, 2gb ram, that i bought in 2006 and it still runs all games at high to highest settings at 1440x900 resolution(except Crysis & GTA4 ). If you have a good gfx card now, dont worry coz you can easily survive 3-5 years. Moreover PC games are cheap. I only buy exclusive console games, & that saves me a lot of money. I am not bound to any particular console coz the fighting is pointless, coz its the game that makes a console superb not the opposite. If we had God of war3 in Nintendo DS (suppose with 3d and dynamic lightning) could we ignore it???

colocated

Broken In
For most of the games i think PS3 is a better option but for playing most of the first person shooter PC is better option

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
i go with the ps3 all the way glory glory ps3 united :p with all the pc fanboys i have answers to all your questions ...

1. hardware : probably ps3 has a better hardware configuration than a 80k pc easily because :

1.ps3 uses 512mb xdr ram so that is like ddrx ram .....not available for normal pc's
2.ps3 uses the cell broadband exngine which is basically a sort - of - new design architecture by IBM giving 6 physical cores with direct access to a huge amount of cache running on the same BUS.. so the probable output of the ps3 is likely same as that of the HD5980 / 5970 ...nearly 6 teraflops /second when you overclock the ps3 a little
3.the only thing sopping the ps3 back is the blu ray read / write speeds ... which is max 52mb/s so if we can push blu-ray to hdd read speeds pc performance is gonna go all the way down....
4.currently the games for the ps3 hardle utilise more than 60% processing power .... whereas when they reach the full limit the pc is gonna suck his mobo outta power beacuse of the awespiring gfx and physics.
5.the current ps3 processor in terms of technology is about 5 years advanced than a normal desktop processor .

2. price to performance factor ..

there is still atleast 3 years time when you will be able to buy a pc within 20k to run the recent games on 1080p with 60fps constant and full AA .AF etc...
the ps3 for the performance factor is 10x more economical than a pc

3. the ps3 has inbuilt support for plug and play usb devices... so you have no problem playing games like killzone 2 etc with a mouse and keyboard...
also the support for usb HID devices is built by the game developers and not sony... the ps3 natively supports all HID devices

4. titles are very expensive...
even when i am gonna buy a new ps3 after one month i am gonna look at the big hole in my wallet because of 20k for the ps3 250gb uncharted 2 bundle and addition 1.5k for killzone 2 platinum edition ... i totally agree with pc freaks that the ps3 is beaten hands down by the pc for the game price factor... the console games can never cost as much as pc games unless the method of developing games for the console is the same as the pc .... which is not possible ... otherwise what would be the need to create a console ??

lastly .... when you compare the ps3 to the pc as a media hub... it is THE gawd...
-ps3 has native hardware support and decoding for formats like divx ...
-ps3 which has been hacked by geohot .. the famous reknowned hacker of the iphone has allowed him to run his own kernels and execute his own commands over the ps3 engine... thus enabling him to install operating sytems like xp etc.... just imagine with that processing power ... the ps3 has unlimited potential

with all the pros about consoles... i think at least for the ps3 that it is the winner

Last edited:

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Do you want me to reply to that long message of yours or would you like to do a bit more research and then defend the PS3?

dude firstly i did not get you ... and what i am saying is that until ati comes out with their 6 series cards and a 32x pci lane there is no stopping the ps3... if you think that i am bullshitting ... then i am sorry.. because all the content is researched and i would like to add that the current potential of the ps3 in terms of just graphics is better... no hard feelings

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

obviously i would like to add that xdr ram is available for use in pc's and nearly all good severs and HDTV's run on xdr ram ... but building a new system on xdr ram is a pretty big task .. also.... the limitation of the ps3 is that because of the 7 instruction sets.. you can not install and run many apps and operating systems ... but for graphics there is nothing that beats the ps3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom