Graphics is Awesome...???

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
We all know both...but
how many of agree dat...
PC games graphics is superior than PS3 game graphics :))
to prove your points pls provide evidence...
I hope this will help to build a better gaming machine....:twisted:

Krow

Crowman
For FPS games, nothing beats keyboard + mouse. Besides, you don't want to end up paying 2.5k for each game. So I would vote for PC.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
For FPS games, nothing beats keyboard + mouse. Besides, you don't want to end up paying 2.5k for each game. So I would vote for PC.

Its true that ps3 games r too xpensive...but the poll is regarding the graphics quality
of both...
is PS3 core-engine is good enuf to beat PC games graphics :))

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I will definitely go with the ps3. I will only accept that PC looks great, if i get a the equal performance and frame rates and eye-candy in a 15K computer.

@all crysis, PC fans, relax. It is just MY opinion.

For all people who go with irrational debates that pc can kick a ps3 and 360 's asses yes it kicks. So, pause.. PC can kick every one's ass, incl. me. Becoz, PC can do every damn thing that a console does and in a better way. The only consideration is consoles will do it for long period and for in less budget when compared to pc.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Ye'r right. I'm confused in buyin' a PS3 or X360. X360 = Halo series, GoW, *sigh* games. PS3 = GT5! I ain't a fan of that bald Kratos :D.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ You will regret your words when you are burning in fire of Olympus for your sacrilege. I think you are one of the undead warrior of zeus gang. Beware.. Kratos is on his way to rain his wrath on the old daddy.

Moon_Raven

Broken In
PC is idle for FPS and RPGs while the PS3 no doubts handles sports and TPS games better, so each has its own perks and negatives.

Krow

Crowman
@ vamsi: I will accept that the PS3 is great if you give me new games for cheap. Initial pay is 18k for PS3, plus minimum 2.5k for a game, 1.5k if you are patient enough for Platinum ones. Since it is your gaming machine, you spend a lot more overall, when compared to the PC. A good gaming PC can be had for as less as 30k, plus most games 1k and many of them are for 699, 499, etc. Overall on the cost front PC wins for sure.

adirawat20

Broken In
What do you think. It depends what is price of pc. A ps3 is compared to a 50000 pc not a cheap one. ie.

PS3 vs PC [Configuration 1]

Proc: Intel Core 2 duo E4600 \ AMD Athlon II X2 - 240
Mobo : Gigabyte EG43M-S2H \ Asus M3A
RAM : 2 GB DDR2 kingston .
GFX : Nvidia 8800 GT \ ATI radeon HD 3850
HDD : WD 160GB Sata \ Seagate 160GB Sata Internal
PSU : Corsair VX450W
CASE : Thermaltake Matrix

Winner= Obviously ps3

PS3 vs PC [Configuration 2]

PROC : Q8400 \Quad X4 - 920 BE
MOBO : asus P5Q-EM-DO \
RAM : 2x2 GB DDR2
GFX : NVIDIA GTX 260 \ ATI RADEON 4870
PSU : Corsair VX550W
CASE : CoolerMaster NV CM 690

Winner : Hard for me to decide.

PS3 vs PC [Configuration 3]

PROC= i7 - 860 \
MOBO = Asus Sabretooth
RAM = 6GB
GDX = ATI RADEON 5990
PSU = Corsair TX850W
CASE =Thermaltake Xaser VI Series

Winner pc.

quan chi

mortal kombat
^^you are comparing a 7800gtx with a 8800gt.
moreover it dosent need an i7 to beat that.an e8400 is more than sufficient to do the job.

anyways i dont have anything against the thread starter.but this topic is too old and only suits for a kid.please search the web before posting you will get the answer yourself.

anyways post no 10 makes more sense and is a nice reply to this topic.

Last edited:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
@krow...Excellent,that is where pc kicks in because of the reduced prices in it's genre. But don't forget that if there are no console games... there will not be any more games on any platform. Coz.. for a typical multiplatform game...75%(or more.. I am not sure.. I saw it some where over internet) of the earnings come from the sale of console products. If there is no cosole, he will be ditched and no further game, if he is a small developer. The prices of games are some what Bumped up in consoles. But remember that even in 2011 a ps3/x360(hopefully) can run a game with eyecandy at enjoyable frame rates.So, did the ps3, it was released in 2001 and still played great till 2007. So, a thing i have purchased in 2006/2005, is running a game which came after 5 years of release with same efficiency which is highly impossible on PC.

Again.. it's only my version of the story.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
PS3, IMO, the argument ends at GOW, but anyway here's why
-Processing power for the price... look what you get for sub 20K, and think of how much you will need to shell out for an up to date core i7/i5 rig
-The minute you put together a top of the line gaming rig, it is already old. The PS3 will be the best around for atleast two years or so, and still pretty awesome for another two.
-Games are way more immersive, controller easier than mouse+wsad+e/q/f etc. Compare games like Prototype and PoP on consoles and PC. Exp not better on the PC.
-When you put in a game, it will just let you play. You dont have to worry about whether the game will work on a particular config, whether the game is optimised for NVidia or ATI cards, whether the settings in the game will mess up the gameplay, etc. The list of problems that you could potentially encounter on a PC after making a purchase is endless. When you buy a game for the PS3, you will get to play it.
-Multiplayer gaming. You can turn and bash someone up when you lose, not possible over the network. ok, swearing at cybercafes is fun, but the configs suck.

If you are not looking at gameplay at all, and just wanna sightsee in a digital landscape, then yeah, the PC is better when it comes to graphics. Not only because of the realism, but also because of the games that show up are pretty versatile in terms of how they look. Any console game looks a little dated, donno why this happens, but I guess this is due to the release cycles. Does not make sense really, as it is easier to release a game for the console... hmm... anyway this is only for a top-end gaming rig though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom