PC Buying Guide 2013 - Q4

Cilus

laborare est orare
Re: PC Buying Guide 2012 - Q1

^^ Please provide us to get some Surge Protectors which can provide backup power in power cut...We will suggest those things instead of an UPS then. :D :D

dfcols71

In the zone

Component Make Price
Processor Intel Core i5 2500k 12574flipkart
CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12P-SE2 3900 or Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus CPU cooler 2000 itwares
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 13400 itwares
RAM Gskill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 3000 itwares
Graphic Card HIS H697F2G2M Radeon HD 6970 2GB 19850 or HIS H695FN1G2M Radeon HD 6950 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 14575 itwares
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD Internal Hard Drive Rs. 5352 flipkart
DVD Writer ASUS 24X Sata Black DVD 1150 ? flipkart Rs. 1165
PSU CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX850 V2 850W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS bronze 6975 itwares
Case NZXT Tempest 410 Mid Tower Case 4639 itdepot
Monitor ViewSonic LED Monitor VX2453MH 11,115 infibeam
Mouse/kb
Logitech Wireless Desktop MK320 rs2132
belkin/huntkey surge potector rs500/800?
Sonicgear 5.1 Speaker System (Spectra 2000) 2238 itdepot
rs77553 + if noctua and 2gb 5000

surges protector protects computer from voltage over and damage to component that more than what you need

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

@ jaskanwar

I think, we can recommend the following instead of reference 7970:

Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 @ 36.5k

Its non-reference with custom heat sinks and sports a triple fan design.

What say mate?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Best of the lot as far as cooling goes.

This also looks good:-

Gigabyte Radeon HD 7770 Graphic card @ 8.5k

Kingston V100 128GB SSD (Sata II) only 8560/- in Flipkart.

*www.flipkart.com/kingston-ssdnow-v...bnK484x0LzRNCYg--&_r=ScwlGk8+i7MLVv2Gyc+0ww--

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@ jaskanwar

What say mate?

+1 from my side. Would be obviously better :)

BTW no one thinks we need workstation rigs anymore?

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

Buddy, I'm back after long time as full timer, after long suffering from lots of health problems like throat infection...don't worry about this beautiful thread.

oh, so how are you now?

errr...
1 thing. Where did the workstation rigs I recommended dissapear from the first page? Visiting this thread after a long time.

they have went to a notepad file in my pc.
along with some other things as mentioned above, they too needed a price updation.
but i dont know why, these days my whole pc time is being dedicated to gaming :cry: :p
(along with exam effect)

so i will do it soon :mrgreen::mrgreen:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Good. PM me the rigs if you can. Will update prices one rig at a time and then post here. Will also see if there are improvements to be made. Will take time as my exams too are on.

I think next time we post workstation rigs(if we ever so) we should put a disclaimer that if you want to do gaming then this GPU won't be enligh for you.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

@ jaskanwar

What say mate?

I oppose this for Multi-GPU setups. It will dump air into your case and such designs need some space to suck air. I speak from experience, as you all know.

@thetechfreak:
Code:
cout<<"WS setups are a must";

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

I oppose this for Multi-GPU setups. It will dump air into your case and such designs need some space to suck air. I speak from experience, as you all know.

We all know you have ample experience.

If it needs space, then a user can go for bigger cabinet ( read full tower) with proper fan placement.

Last edited by a moderator:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

Which is why you know nothing about this. As if case was everything... the GPU spacing is more important than the case. I saw someone in this forum with 2 GTX 560 Tis on an M-ATX board. That is the scenario I want buyers to avoid.

Please stop posting things and showing blatant ignorance. Instead of adopting such an attitude I would appreciate it better if you would ask for clarifications.

Tomorrow, Ill post a picture here (56K AND CELLPHONE WARNING, I'll post a direct link rather than embed code but you open at your own risk.) of my setup's scenario to show you what I mean.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

Which is why you know nothing about this. As if case was everything... the GPU spacing is more important than the case. I saw someone in this forum with 2 GTX 560 Tis on an M-ATX board. That is the scenario I want buyers to avoid.

Please stop posting things and showing blatant ignorance. Instead of adopting such an attitude I would appreciate it better if you would ask for clarifications.

Tomorrow, Ill post a picture here (56K AND CELLPHONE WARNING, I'll post a direct link rather than embed code but you open at your own risk.) of my setup's scenario to show you what I mean.

Don't worry i have a broadband connection. Show me what you want to.:lol:

The bold part is a blatant point. Why are you always talking about multiple gpu's? Do you suffer from single-gpu phobia or something?

Why the heck would gpu spacing arise for a single gpu setup? And please maintain decorum and politely place your points and shake of your "know everything" attitude.

Hey hey one sec. Did you mean there'll be a problem placing two of those (7970)??

Last edited:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

obviously you have no clue about what I meant. I said to stick to reference cards for SLI/CF setups. That card is absolutely fine for single GPU rigs. I hope we've not stopped making SLI/ CF

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

^^ Oh then i'm extremely sorry mate. I completely misinterpreted your post. I thought you were suggesting multigpu setups of previous gen cards instead of a single 7970. I take back my words mate. Was pretty disturbed yesterday.

Cool off mate.:)

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

No problem :thumbsup:

It was my birthday yesterday and I'm in a good mood (although my exams are going on), so I'll forgive you this time :p

rajatGod512

N00B Troller

Gigabyte HD 7770 at 8.3k
GIGABYTE GV-R777D5-1GD

Gigabyte HD 7750 at 6.2k
GIGABYTE GV-R775OC-1GD

Cilus

laborare est orare

Gigabyte HD 7770 at 8.3k
GIGABYTE GV-R777D5-1GD

Gigabyte HD 7750 at 6.2k
GIGABYTE GV-R775OC-1GD

Thanks for the Links buddy, really helpful. Updated the *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/151004-best-graphic-cards-money-india.html#post1557325 thread as per these cards.

dfcols71

In the zone

sorry for my blunder on that
but this Gigabyte Radeon HD 7750 Graphic card
require pci 3 x 16 slot mother boards
cost of those motherboards
more these card hardly match up to nvidia gtx 560 in perfomance

Last edited:

rajatGod512

N00B Troller

@Cilus isnt it intresting that these card(HD 7750/7770) are priced very well at SMC as the same Gigabyte HD 7770 is at 160 USD + shipping on newegg (160 USD into INR = 7.9k).We are almost getting it at the same price as US. Will these be the prices of these cards all over India ... it would be great , especially when HD 7800 series is coming up .

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

These are the only 77xx cards available here for now. I need pricing for single slot cards :(

Top Bottom