PC Buying Guide 2013 - Q4

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: PC Buying Guide 2012 - Q1

Old stock at higher prices. Doesn't matter.

d3p

PowerHouse

Not only in kolkata, also in bangalore. You can get few legacy hardware in major places like mumbai or even in delhi also.

udayan.misra2001

Right off the assembly line
Best PC for Video Editing and Vfx

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: 1. VFX and Video Composting - After Effects CS5, Nuke 6.3, Fusion 6.1.
2. 3D Modeling - Maya 12, MAX 11, ZBrush RE4
3. CS 5 Suite, CorelDraw etc along with Plugins from Red Giant, GenArts and Cycore.
4. Casual Gaming of good titles but at low rez will do.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:60K (6-7K)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: yes, if needed

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win7 64-bit mostly, some times some flavor of Linux if required on a project basis

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 - 2 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: 22", Preferably a LCD TV with good contrast range.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Speaker

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: As soon as possible

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Mumbai, Yes... pls give me some address of the shops if possible as i m new in Mumbai. or even contact Nos will do.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I prefer Intel and mostly sandy bridge. I dont need any fancy cabinet but one that serves my purpose. i'll need a firewire port. i'll need 3D Nvision for Stereoscopy and at times for games too. 16GB RAM is recommended for most of our work so cant compromise on that.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Re: Best PC for Video Editing and Vfx

@udayan.misra2001

Please make your own thread with this. Try not asking full configs here :wink:

ajaymailed

In the zone

JAs, I think the 35K config needs to be revised. You have used AMD APU 3500 along with HD 6790 here. Now if you are using a discrete GPU there is no point of getting an low end APU as processing and gaming performance of A6-3500 is lower than Pentium G-620. So I have update the rig. Here is my suggestion:-
Now that Phenom series is disappearing from market. The Sub 40K mir-range gaming config should also mention alternate Intel Config with Core i3 2100.

d3p

PowerHouse

Ok, one latest findings.

1TB Seagate internal HDD with 64MB Cache, 7200rpm & Sata III which means 6GBps priced at 5.5k - Source S.P Road Bangalore.

This HDD have the same specs as WD Cavair Black & i hope its a Value for Money Product atm. Especially for RAID 0 or 1 or 0+1.

Price of Seagate 500GB 7200.12 is 4.7k & the above is 5.5k.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Guys, we will be soon needing to replace the AMD card in the 100k budget with the GTX 680. The 680 beats it at each bench hands down. And Newegg is also listing cards at $499 although every card is out of stock for now.

ajaymailed

In the zone

Guys, we will be soon needing to replace the AMD card in the 100k budget with the GTX 680. The 680 beats it at each bench hands down. And Newegg is also listing cards at $499 although every card is out of stock for now.
does this mean AMD will reduce prices of 7970 and 7950 and hence adjust prices of all the cards in the range to meet performance per dollar.
or
will Nvidia release other mainstream kepler models at lower prices targeting 7770, 7850, 7870 etc

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
does this mean AMD will reduce prices of 7970 and 7950 and hence adjust prices of all the cards in the range to meet performance per dollar.
or
will Nvidia release other mainstream kepler models at lower prices targeting 7770, 7850, 7870 etc

Price cut will be there soon not now. AMD probably wont hit any panic button till the 680 is out in the streets. Till now there are no mainstream models out of Kepler only the high end 680. The market will be filled with activity. Remember though Nvidia are quite very late to the party.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller

Corsair Carbide 500R at Rs.6900
Flipkart: Corsair 500R Mid Tower Cabinet: Cabinet

I think the pricing is great as it is priced at 130-140 usd on us sites.

Gamersam

Broken In

hey i was thinking of this configuration for under 55k
Component Make Price
Processor AMD Phenom II x6 1090T 8800
Motherboard Asus M5A88-V EVO 8050
RAM G-skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL 1665
ZOTAC GTX 560Ti AMP - 13500
HDD WDC 250GB Blue WD2500AAKX 3766
DVD Writer ASUS 24X Sata Black DVD 1150
PSU Corsair GS600 4000
Case iBall Bullet Mid Tower Cabinet (Gaming) 4,509
Monitor Benq 18.5" G922HDAL LED Monitor 5,985
Mouse Logitech G1 Gaming Desktop 1,650
Keyboard Logitech G1 Gaming Desktop 1,650
Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Fragged Omega S - Speed/Control 500
UPS APC 800VA 2800
i dont need the speakers
total - 55875
please teel me if all the components are compatible with each other or not
i live in gurgaon and can get the components from delhi if cheaper.
also will i need an additional cooler.
thanks
please help

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Yes compatible. Although you can change case to NZXT Source 210 or Gamma

No point spending so much on iBall IMO.

Last edited:

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...

^^How about the GIGABYTE GV-N560OC. Has a better cooler unit than the Zotac Amp I guess.

Top Bottom