PC Buying Guide 2011- Q4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Re: PC Buying Guide - July 2011

guys, that was the incident which made me buy the APC UPS. Before that I wasn't having any UPS.
And feedback about the config?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

^^ There's another brand known as "numeric". Its better than microtek afaik.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ That brand well known ( or at-least known to may ) but as Skud has said it's not easy to get - can't find it on sell on local comp bazzar but if anyone is interested delta peripherals have two Numeric UPS - The 600VA one costs Rs. 1500 and 1KVA one costs Rs. 4550 ;-)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

And with massive shipping charges, I don't think they would be worthy enough. That's the biggest problem with buying heavier items online.

nilgtx260

Maximum Craze

I think dealers should export numeric ups more & more to the local vendor to make it available for the general peoples.

like NZXT cabbys are still unavailable at Kolkata :-(

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

Jas, I think some modification is needed in the 25K config. Currently we are receiving lots of requests for gaming rig under 25K...and as per the current rig in our guide which is not possible. So I have done some minor updates on it.

Here is my suggestion:

CPU |AMD Athlon II X4 635| 4K
Mobo| Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-S2| 2.5K
Ram| G-skill F3-10600CL9S-2GBNT| 0.7K
HDD| Seagate 500 GB 7200.1| 1.9K
PSU| FSP SAGA II 500W| 2K
Cabinet| Zebronics Bijli w/o PSU| 1K
ODD| LG 22X DVD R/W| 0.9K
Display| Acer P206HV 20"| 5.1K
Input Device| Logitech MK100| 0.5K
GPU| MSI HD 6670 1 GB GDDR5| 5.4K
Speaker| Altec Lansing BXR1220| 0.7K
UPS| Microtek 600VA| 1.2K
Total|---------------| 25.9K

The reason being is currently the 25K config is designed for Office work and multimedia. Now in office and day to day work there is hardly any difference between a i3 and Athlon II X4. Now on that config, only Bluray playback is possible in decent level, not anything else as the IGP of 780 Chipset HD 3200 is too weak for it. Even it will fail short in HD playback if some post processing filters are applied. So my suggesion is to create a rig which will have enough CPU power for the day to day activity and very decent GPU power for enhanced multimedia... even very good gaming.
So have chosen Athlon II X4 + HD 6670 + Acer P206HV combination. It is enough for day to day applications and 6670 will provide enough kick for gaming in 1600X900 resolution in medium to higher settings. It has performace closer to HD 6750 or 5750.

Let me know your feedback.

nice one cilus. i will add it.

BTW that i3 rig was just a low cost sandy bridge rig. some demanded it.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent

yes EG and ico you both are right, thats what i told him but i dont think he will listen let him burn his new rig lol.

if he goes for gs 600 it will be faster.

ill meet him tomorrow i hope he did not buy it on saturday, then ill be able to prevent possible damages.

so was my suggestion of gamma good ?
and if cm690 cant take d14 can antec df-35 take it?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

yes EG and ico you both are right, thats what i told him but i dont think he will listen let him burn his new rig lol.

if he goes for gs 600 it will be faster.

ill meet him tomorrow i hope he did not buy it on saturday, then ill be able to prevent possible damages.

so was my suggestion of gamma good ?
and if cm690 cant take d14 can antec df-35 take it?
He isnt an OCer...he is a wannabe who has messed up notions about PCs.

Idk if I can recommend gamma, having never used an NZXT Case before.
Personally I do not find myself comfortable using a small case (read mid-tower).The HAF 912 is an exception because it has much better airflow(huge vents) than anything else of its class in the market, not to mention its amazing value(since the HAF series came out, i started disliking even the CM 690).

In a perfect world I'd get an 800D, but it has much worse airflow than the HAF X for GPUs and the DF-85 looks mofo-ing ugly.

Noctua D14 is great, but get him good fans for it!(the stock ones dont have much airflow). Look at scythe's 140mm range and get him fans with high pressure and airflow above 75CFM.

PS- I want to see the burnt pics of his System if he gets a stupid PSU.

abhishekshs

Right off the assembly line

hey folks! i am an 3d game artist by profession and i need to upgrade my pc.i use to work in softwares like maya, 3ds max, zbrush etc and also i want to play latest games on my new machine.

i dont have much knowledge of computer hardware, with the help of google i have selected this configuration plzz take a look at it and give ur suggestions. My Budget is max 40k and i don't need a LCD because i already have one.:)

Intel Core i5-760 Processor (8M Cache, 2.80 GHz)

Asus P7H55 Motherboard

corsair 4*2 (8GB) 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM

Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200.12 SATA 3Gbs

Coolermaster eXtreme Power Plus 650W

Palit GeForce GT 430 1024MB DDR3 Graphic Card

"Cooler Master Elite RC 310 RC-310-RKN1-GP Mid Tower Computer Case"

LG Internal DVD Rewriter 24X - GH24

That's it and please suggest me a good ups for this configuration. some of my frnds telling me to go for a 1000va ups for this configuration but i cannot spend more than 2.5k on ups. your suggestions would be highly apreciated.
Thanks!

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

everything except DVD drive is bad.

look at the first page to get a better idea.

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

hey folks! i am an 3d game artist by profession and i need to upgrade my pc.i use to work in softwares like maya, 3ds max, zbrush etc and also i want to play latest games on my new machine.

i dont have much knowledge of computer hardware, with the help of google i have selected this configuration plzz take a look at it and give ur suggestions. My Budget is max 40k and i don't need a LCD because i already have one.:)

Asus P7H55 Motherboard

That's it and please suggest me a good ups for this configuration. some of my frnds telling me to go for a 1000va ups for this configuration but i cannot spend more than 2.5k on ups. your suggestions would be highly apreciated.
Thanks!

Welcome to TDF. Better make a separate thread filling up the template for your requirement.

Cilus

laborare est orare

Asus P7H55 Motherboard

Thanks!

Your config is not at all optimize, because the CPU and mobo you've selected is outdated and already reached End of Life. Create a separate thread and we will entertain your query properly. Fill up the questions specified in the thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/128247-pc-build-questionnaire-template.html and post it in the new thread.

constantine

its quiet...too quiet....

Hey! I will be buying my rig in 2 or 3 days , you guys helped me with the whole rig but now im confused if i should go for the P67 sabertooth or z68 v pro ? help required asap!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ IF you you are looking for a well built mobo and don't care about Intel quick Sync then get P67 sabertooth - the components and build quality is top notch. Z68 V PRo has good build quality with quality components and let you use Intel Quick Sync - so the end decision is yours ;-)

BTW, as there' some multi GPU configs in here I think this will be really useful ;-)

CF :

*media.bestofmicro.com/G/8/287000/original/image045.png

*media.bestofmicro.com/G/9/287001/original/image046.png

*media.bestofmicro.com/G/A/287002/original/image047.png

and SLI :

*media.bestofmicro.com/F/L/286977/original/image021.png

*media.bestofmicro.com/F/M/286978/original/image022.png

*media.bestofmicro.com/F/N/286979/original/image023.png

all pics are courtesy of Tom's HW and here's the source ;-)
P67, X58, And NF200: The Best Platform For CrossFire And SLI : Force Versus Finesse

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming

I was just peeping the gods game machines. why why limit at all with poor speakers, poor lcd.
get a huge samsung 65 lcd, i think that costs some 4 Lakhs, so make 4 for those. or may be 6 of those
so that's about 6x4=24 Lakhs display

And sound, common, throw in some denons, whardale, avant grade speakers, easily costing up to 1 Million $

So the total rig, and a nice room[your home] tailored for gaming, for the whole rig, add 20 Million $$

Perphaps that's no good, you want to game on the Moon, pay NASA a few Billions and fly off ;)
So there you, don't limit your imagination brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom