PC Buying Guide 2011- Q4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarath

iDota
Re: PC Buying Guide - July 2011

Also @Jas contrary to what we extensively discussed, you were right, it seems a dedicated sound card does show considerable improvement when coupled with a sub 5k speaker especially if they are 2.1 and for 5.1s priced higher than 5k.

Since I am on a lookout for speakers I have read extensively online and have in multiple instances seen people explicitly mention realtek soundcard; which is the onboard soundcard for many mobos, including the Asus P8P67 (I can only mention this as I own it) showing considerably weaker performance.

MatchBoxx

the m0nk who sold his PC!

I have z313 as well.:wink:. Its good enough for its price i mean good set of punchy speakers but with much lower power. The bass is weak and certainly not for bass lovers but produces clear mids and lows even at high volumes but distorts after....lets say 70% of volume.

Very good for their price.:smile:

Logitech z506 all the way. Much better than creative t6100.

All other scores are almost neck and neck except superpi where msi boards perform much better than all gigabyte z68 and p67 boards.When cpu and memory are overclocked, msi dethrones all gigabyte boards. I think people do buy z68 boards to overclock if not like crazy.

So my vote goes to msi z68 boards.:neutral:

what about ASUS's Z68 offerings? How well does it performs against MSI and Gigabyte? [spare me the fancy "military class components, solid state ferrite core capacitors"...its ok, if any board gives me a 4yrs good service]
i'm referring to gene-z, v-pro :noob:

Tenida

Gadget Freak

Here's few more reviews of MSI Z68A-GD80(B3)

Hardware Secret

OverclockersClub
Guru3D

MatchBoxx

Here's few more reviews of MSI Z68A-GD80(B3)

Hardware Secret

OverclockersClub
Guru3D

no offence dada, but MSI's Click Bios (a.k.a graphical UEFI) sucks!
I admit that i'm a ASUS fanboy, still i would like to gobble up some comparative reviews, not just mere reviews of specific products. There a lot of z68 motherboard offerings in the market, but no tech-sites are publishing any comparison! (they actually did compare p67 boards from a wide range of manufacturers earlier in March/April). I just want to see a comparative review! :'(
please post any link that you may have set sight on.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

I think MSI Z68A-GD55 (B3) @ 8.5k is great deal and I would really like to see this cheapest Z68A mobo on some config ;-)
MSI Z68A-GD55 : From $100 To $160: Five Z68-Based Boards, Compared

vwad

In the zone

Waiting for A75 chipset to be available in India. Or is it already available ?

D

Deleted member 118788

@ Jas: If the pricing of N560 Ti Frozr II/OC @ 10.75K is correct then in Ultra High End Gaming Rig Replace P8Z68 Pro With Gigabyte UD7 then 6950 CFX To 560 Ti Tri - Sli. Also Power Supply.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent

@gwl no 560 ti tri sli not supprted by nvidia.

3way SLI with GTX 560 help! - NVIDIA Forums

aby geek

Cyborg Agent

Newegg.com - MSI Z68A-GD80 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

please update wth indian price

Tenida

Gadget Freak

^^13k. I think.

no offence dada, but MSI's Click Bios (a.k.a graphical UEFI) sucks!
I admit that i'm a ASUS fanboy, still i would like to gobble up some comparative reviews, not just mere reviews of specific products. There a lot of z68 motherboard offerings in the market, but no tech-sites are publishing any comparison! (they actually did compare p67 boards from a wide range of manufacturers earlier in March/April). I just want to see a comparative review! :'(
please post any link that you may have set sight on.

Overclockersclub said:
MSI has continued the use of its "Click BIOS" and provides a richer experience in the BIOS. It is called this because you navigate through the BIOS and chose the settings to change with the "Click" of a mouse button. Catchy Eh? The shell is different from what other manufacturers have done but MSI has gone a different route. When you first enter the BIOS, there are a total of five options to choose from, Green Power, Utility, OC, Game and Settings. Each section has a distinct set of options to tweak. Under the Green Power tab you can turn on or off the Active Phase Switching feature of this board as well as saving a few pennies by turning off the motherboard LEDs.

This implementation of the Click BIOS is easy to work through and is smooth in the process. The look on the other hand, is not one that has grown on me since I looked at the P67A-GD65 but that is a personal preference. It is going to be something that is either liked or disliked. With a high-end offering, I would like to see something more along the lines of the graphic used in the Control Center rather than a cartoonish look. Again personal preference that takes nothing from the functionality. This is a radical step away from the traditional BIOS with just enough keyboard action to keep a purist happy.
The bios in MSI Z68 is not totally sucks.Its absolutely fine.Not good as ASUS board but it totally depends on personal use.
MSI and Gigabyte are as solid board as ASUS.
MSI Z68A-GD80(B3) gives tough competition for ASUS P8Z68 VPRO

Here're some review screenshot from Guru3D

*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/MSItest1.png
*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/MSItest2.png
*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/3.png
*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/4-1.png
*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/6-1.png
*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/7.png
*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/8-1.png
*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/9-1.png
*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/10.png
*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/12.png
*www.guru3d.com/article/msi-z68a-gd80-review/1

Source- Guru3D

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Hard to differentiate the mobos on these results. :))

cyclops

Broken In

Can we have a config based on the new Intel G600 series processers, now that they are widely available? This I guess can easily fit in teh 20K budget. Would it be better than the XII x 3 based system?

MatchBoxx

The bios in MSI Z68 is not totally sucks.Its absolutely fine.Not good as ASUS board but it totally depends on personal use.
MSI and Gigabyte are as solid board as ASUS.
MSI Z68A-GD80(B3) gives tough competition for ASUS P8Z68 VPRO

that's the answer i needed... :D
thanku dada!

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

Msi gtx 560 twin frozr II is back to 13.7k in smcinternational. I guess it was a printing mistake.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Hardly surprising, they have so many. Only when someone purchased something, they care to change it to proper rates. :lol:

Tenida

Gadget Freak

Ordered MSI Z68A-GD80(B3) to MD computers.Product will come on Thursday.

But bad news Intel core i5 2500k is now Rs 11500/- not 10800/- they said Intel increased their processor prices.Inquired in many shop they saying the same.Whats should i consider?
Intel i5 2500k @ 11.5K
or Intel Core i7 2600K @ 15k??
Suggest me.I will used the processor for gaming in FullHD and watching HD movie.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

^^ Get the i7 2600k if you can. Its more future proof and will prove worthwhile in the long run and will be competitive even when bulldozer launches and proves itself a worthy opponent.

You won't find any difference in game performance but still the ht feature will be advantageous in heavily threaded apps. If you can't increase the budget, then stick with i5 2500k.:smile:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

@tenida, already posted at the kolkata price check thread. get i7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom