PC Buying Guide 2011- Q4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
u mean by 2gb sli or a single 2gb would suffice....

The problem is P67 boards are of same price as Z68 & then the availability.

I know. I'm just saying that the K vs. non-K OC thing is BS because both can be OCed. Only the degree varies.

I remember, few months back there was a poll to understand or decide till what budget the config can be posted & the config above 120k is removed. So you can understand.....

3D should then only be an add-on. Another reason is that it is still an immature technology that damages your brain.
If your brain can process >120fps then it will make the glasses useless. I know I can see the difference between 60/120/200. The 200fps framerate makes my head spin due to the oil-smooth video it gives...

I propose we wait for passive 3D to become common (LG is taking the right step in this direction so far).

Replies in bold.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
In chennai, only at one shop...
Off-topic : I was surprised about that shop.. When i inquired about 6950, the shopkeeper said, "U need a good smps to power this GPU, which smps do u have?" I replied, CM silent pro M600.. Then he said "Oh, then it'll be fine"..:shock:

You have just unearthed a JEWEL, a RARE SPECIES, a GENIUS and what not!!! ;) So what price did he quote?

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
^^too bad i dont live in chennai
I live in mumbai...as always a 10th or may be lesser education qualified lad is generally present behind the counter....:-(
@skud xfx is a good brand for gpu these days around the world ...In India it is a good brand till it generates a fault.....problems arises in the rma department..courtesy:RASHI peripherals...:)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Guys what about a single gtx 590 @ 38.5k for 3d?

Found this:

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 590 3072MB, 768-bit

It can easily handle 3d due to its sheer rendering power and can drive surround as well.
Its the recommended gpu in tomshardware at its price along with 6990. All its past issues have been fixed and i think its a pretty powerful card at stock. With new drivers, performance of 590 has grown enormously as previously it faltered to perform close to a 6990.

Guys whats your take on it?

J

Joker

no. gtx 590 is not a very reliable card.

drivers might have improved but cant say for quality (vrm). since it is a halo card, india is most likely to only have the early/old stock as indians dont really buy halo products.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Actually the reviews say its one of the best 590's out there. I've found some:

Zotac GTX590 SLI 5760x1080 Nvidia Surround Review

ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590 3GB Review - Quad SLI-hardwareheaven

Zotac Geforce GTX 590-XS Reviews

Zotac's service in india is also excellent now as its handled by Digicare (same guys who handle RMA operations for MSI).
I even think this doesn't have any vrm issues ( guys can you provide some links showing vrm issues of zotac 590 so that we can confirm about this card).:smile:

Guys another interesting find:

AOC has launched a 23inch IPS led monitor - AOC IPS LED Monitor - i2353Ph & a 3d monitor "3D LED Monitor - e2352Phz" as well which supports the tridef software. That means amd cards will also do 3d here.

These monitors are available locally through AOC dealers and i will post prices here if i manage to find them.

Meanwhile, check the review of AOC i2353Ph IPS monitor here. It performs very good and if priced cheaper than dell u2311h, will be an excellent buy.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
There goes the review of "Zotac GTX 590" - www.tbreak.com/tech/2011/03/zotac-gtx-590-review/3/

Whether driver was the cause or 125 mV voltage bump or none of these. Reference GTX 590 has weak VRMs. Avoid it. Long term RMA investment.

Let's not forget this too: Nvidia GTX 590 Reaches 112 Degrees Celsius in Thermal Tests - Softpedia

Non reference recommended.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
No one has "taken" GTX 590 to 110 degree Celsius nor any user has "tried anything." It is simply the temp which Infrared thermal test by Hardware.fr reported when the stock card is on full load. Albeit in a lower mid-end case.

I don't even see the point of so many "specialized" rigs on the main page. It'd be good if they could be streamlined. :p

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
There goes the review of "Zotac GTX 590" - Zotac GTX 590 Review | t-break: Tech @ Its Fastest

Whether driver was the cause or 125 mV voltage bump or none of these. Reference GTX 590 has weak VRMs. Avoid it. Long term RMA investment.

Let's not forget this too: Nvidia GTX 590 Reaches 112 Degrees Celsius in Thermal Tests - Softpedia

Non reference recommended.

The guy really pushed that card. Since the driver he was on didn't have any fail safe method, the card went kaput with 125mV overclocking. He was on pursuit of a 10k 3dmark score which i guess in the real world hardly anybody will plan to do and stress the card to those levels.

Anyways, its true that reference 590's cannot handle high overvolting due to relatively weaker vrm's. Let see if we can find some non-reference models at a good price. Ico, can you suggest a good boardmaker making these? I will then try and find the price.

Until then, zotac 560-ti 2gb sli will be perfect for that 3d rig.

Btw did you check the AOC monitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom