Pay the Hospital bills by body parts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaithy

In the zone
This is not a film story that come in to the Tamil film “Ramana” but a real story which happened in the first week of march in Chennai.

A young man who just happened below twenty three years, and taking his salary to his house was met with dreadful accident.. he was immediately rush to the well known superficiality Hospital in Chennai ..On third day he was no more,, the hospital told his father to get his body after paying the Hospital fees.. The Fees?..Not a big one, just three Lahks Rupees only..But the problem is the father of the boy is a 'small tea-shop owner' and has no cash reserve , as the boy only start to earn for last six months only..
Ofcourse the Hospital Authorities got some papers signed from the father and promised to realease the body.. The BPO mangement just released One lahk to the hospital , then the body was sent to his father..

on receiving the body.the father was inconsolable.. because the body was put in a multiple disfigurement by the Hospital.. the eyes, kidney, heart, and many parts skillfully taken away...the Hospital authorities told the father, how they are magnanimous to him despite he owe them three lahks, they returned the body(or one of the part).. another fact is the Father has last seen his boy when he was put in to ICU in the first day , and his financial position enquired by the Hospital.. So they know he could not in a position to pay the bill ...When they ask to pay the bill, they have already remove the vital organs, therefore , it is a formality..
the hospital sources said the boy was drunken when he drove his bike..But his father deny this..
Several questions..
If the death was instantaneous postmortem report can indicated it..
Whether FIR registered in this case ( all the accident death cases reported to police) If so how the case was closed by them...When the co-workers of the BPO collected some money and went to his place they are under shock to see the pathetetic condition of the family, which lost a bread winner, and constantly threatened by various agencies (hospital and other law enforcement agencies)..

when one of the Co-worker told this father's plight I was shocked and infuriated about the Hospital behaviour.. but my friends says it is a day to day affairs in the superficiality hospitals...
It is a crime to be a poor man..It is more crime to admit yourselves in such hospitals. Penalty is pay by your organs..

with heavy heart,
Vaithy

din

Tribal Boy
vaithy is a very senior and reputed member here, so I assume it is true. Still, is there any proof that such thing happened ? Please do not take it wrong, I meant to say - it is terrible if it is true - but how people will know this is true ?

If it is true, I think it is our duty to give maximum publicity on this - that may be the least thing we can do.

OP
V

vaithy

In the zone
Well the source is from the co-workers of the boy in the BPO firm who went to see the father for consoling him..only fraction of cases brought before newspapaers..also the Hospital has everyone under their belt..politician,newspapers magnets,law officers..so who is going to take a potshot on them?

ray|raven

Think Zen.
A sad incident indeed. Let us try our best to get this noticed.
An online petetion to take action perhaps?
Maybe folks who use orkut can help spread this.

slugger

Banned
It is a criminal offense to remove body parts without the consent of the decease's family or the deceased person (before death)

but are you really sure it is a true story?

no NEWS channels seem to be reportin it and which hospital was it?

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Exactly, this is the kind of story on which most of Indian news channels thrive. How come such a thing happened an none of the people covered it.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Well the source is from the co-workers of the boy in the BPO firm who went to see the father for consoling him..only fraction of cases brought before newspapaers..also the Hospital has everyone under their belt..politician,newspapers magnets,law officers..so who is going to take a potshot on them?
Lets try to get this to newspapers in other states and national news... Let haf an online petition for this...

din

Tribal Boy
Vaithy, I really understand. And I agree with infra, if this is true, we should spread this to max we can.

We may not be able to file a case as there is no solid proof, but my suggestion is, post the hospital name and I think we can all spread the news in internet.

Now, how to post hospital name ? This may sound odd, but here is my suggestion.

The person who know the name of hospital and know teh incident is 100% true - Register as a new user in this forum (please, please do it), use a foreign IP (or proxy, play it very safe) and post the incident / hospital involved in this.

In my opinion, if this incident is true, there is nothing wrong in publishing the name of hospital. Friends, please comment on.

We should definitely do something in this matter. I am not sure what other things we can do, but the least thing - Spread the info.

I think once the whole incident and hospital name is known, we can forward it to the TV channels and newspapers, I am sure at least one journalist will be interested to find the truth and publish it fully.

Friends, stop our routine OS / related wars for some time, lets unite in this matter. Together we can make a difference.

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^I agree very much, if it is indeed true,
we are in a sad state in our country.
Let us try our best to have our voice heard.
Let us start an online petetion urging the govt to take action.

And yes, OS wars can hang on, we can have those any day of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom