Overheating problems

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Speed reduction can also be due to accumulation of dust and debris over time.

Well to be true. I just cleaned the fan but no help.

Added: I removed the thermal compound that existed. My-My, the layer was too thick, never checked since I bought my PC 3+ years ago. I just bought some local thermal compound (Things like Artic Silver are hard to get here), applied a pretty thin but enough layer evnly with my debit card, and put it back. And lo, I am enjoying almost 10°C lower.
Sheesh twas so small a problem; sorry for taking your time guys.

But the problem still persists. The fan RPM is roughly the same; was the same when temps used to be 65, are now same when there are around 50. WTF??:confused: I do seriously think that the RPM was max 2800-3000 for my fan; otherwise its insane never to increase from that value even when temps were dangerously high. Might have to get it replaced. Anyway thanks Guys.

Last edited:

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
i have a e7200 oC'ed to 3.57Ghz.i get temps about 51C idle and CPU fan speeds of 930rpm.

and temps upto 60C for almost full load(movie encoding) and 2200rpm on the CPU0 fan.

when is it dangerously high?

i have kept my cabinet with the side panel open almost below my ceiling fan.

plz suggest whether i should get a new HSF or apply new thermal paster my budget would be around 1-1.2k.i want the temps to fall to about 56C or more.

Last edited:

icebags

Technomancer
Can anyone tell me whats the current price of the decent liquid cooler in india ? the available brands and is any shop vending it here in calcutta ? :) cheers1

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Hi,

My friend has AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ processor , it shows cpu temp of 50 degree c, is this temp ok? The mobo is of asus, and from there i m reporting this temp. This temp comes after starting the pc for the first time.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Hi,

My friend has AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ processor , it shows cpu temp of 50 degree c, is this temp ok? The mobo is of asus, and from there i m reporting this temp. This temp comes after starting the pc for the first time.

Is it at load or idle temp.?
Whatever it will be if it is at load then its the best & if it is at idle then u can do little CPU cooler cleaning & can use some good quality thermal paste but its not unusual, Its quite normal!

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Thanks for replying.

50 degree c is at idle and under load it goes to 61 degree c.

I cleaned the HSF & also applied thermal paste, but then also it shows this temp .

mAYHEM

Journeyman
Akasa AK-210 Chipset Cooler
Enzotech SLF-1
Zalman ZM-NBF47
Nexus NHP-2200
Thermaltake Extreme Spirit II
Evercool Serpent

The list goes on but these r few that should do the job!
Most of the coolers use 12V while the SYS_FAN header is (GND,Speed Control,Sense, +5V).Any other cooler which supports 4 pin header.

roby_is_cool

Broken In
hi i'm having an overheating issue with my p4 lga775 HT. it shows temp. more than 50 at idle and on bios, while on normal usage it's around 60 and on full load it goes to near 70c.
rite now there are no fans except in the power box. my cabinet has two slots for 80mm fan in rear. please gimme some suggestions to cool it..

iChaitanya

Journeyman
hi i'm having an overheating issue with my p4 lga775 HT. it shows temp. more than 50 at idle and on bios, while on normal usage it's around 60 and on full load it goes to near 70c.
rite now there are no fans except in the power box. my cabinet has two slots for 80mm fan in rear. please gimme some suggestions to cool it..

Man even I had this kinda prob. wit my P4. Just fix a couple of fans in the CPU. Say, 1 inlet + 1 exhaust. You'll notice instant change in temps. :)

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Most of the coolers use 12V while the SYS_FAN header is (GND,Speed Control,Sense, +5V).Any other cooler which supports 4 pin header.

Zalman ZM-NBF47, Enzotech SLF-1 & Nexus NHP-2200 doesn't require any power source so u can hook 'em with any fan u wanna. They are pure heatsinks.

roby_is_cool

Broken In
Man even I had this kinda prob. wit my P4. Just fix a couple of fans in the CPU. Say, 1 inlet + 1 exhaust. You'll notice instant change in temps. :)

thanx for ur advice mate, well what i'm gonna do is put one fan in the side cover and one on the rear side, let's find out if there is any improvement.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
could anyone tell me any good softwares to monitor our cpu temperature other than the Press DEL button to enter setup...i have an amdx2 processor..How can i tell what my cpu temperature is without going in BIOS??

Top Bottom