Overheating problems

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
I watched this video (
) and cross referenced with the manual of cooler. It was a bit daunting since it was my first time installing an air cooler and pre planning routing cables, though nothing hard.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
Heard this one is difficult to install compared to the black edition. Did you face any installation issue ?
No, I didn't faced any installation issues with the cooler. Only difference with my led version and black version is the fan clip on mine is plastic but the black one has metal clips to take out easily else both are of same dimensions.
Just have to be wary about the cpu height and pre routing cables while installing. (though the fan blocks my other 8gb ram from installing on my Mobo.)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@whitestar_999 : I am thinking of buying this one for size. DeepCool Gammaxx 200T 120mm Performance CPU Air Cooler - mdcomputers.in

It is definitely a good cooler for ryzen as it is much better than stealth, better than spire & just a bit behind prism stock cooler of ryzen processors. As for intel I think you should go for Gammaxx 400.
*www.tomshardware.com/reviews/deepcool-gammaxx-400-slim-tower-cpu-cooler,4460.html

*www.primeabgb.com/online-price-rev...x-400-v2-blue-cpu-cooler-dp-mch4-gmx400v2-bl/

Last edited:

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
@whitestar_999 now graphics card is turning quite hot. Temp showing fine (60-70s) but touching backplate feels very hot. Games are closing after 5mins of playing. What to do ?? Help plz !!!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@whitestar_999 now graphics card is turning quite hot. Temp showing fine (60-70s) but touching backplate feels very hot. Games are closing after 5mins of playing. What to do ?? Help plz !!!

Open the side case of cabinet & then see the difference. If it was running fine earlier but not now after installing new cpu cooler then you may have installed your cpu cooler in a position which exhausts hot air onto graphics card. @SaiyanGoku @omega44-xt

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
@whitestar_999: I think I managed to fix the problem. Ran heaven benchmark showing 79°c and ran sekiro fine with 65°c without closing automatically. Although both cabinet panels are open.
Maybe games were shutting down due to GPU throttling ??

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
GPU throttling should take place only after crossing 80-90C but the main point is if it was not happening before then why is it happening now when you are still using the same pc with same config except with a new cpu cooler.

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
@whitestar_999: it was going mid 80s but after disassembling and assembling again with cabinet open it ain't happening now. Even I am wondering although one bsod showed up written as DPC watchdog violation.

mayurthemad

Broken In
@mayurthemad01 - what's the PSU you are using ? How many SSDs and HDDs you are using ? Are you using ram modules with tall heat sink or LP modules ?
I am using an Antec neo eco 550W psu and corsair vengeance 8*2 ram. Though i have managed to install the fan a bit higher up so it just sits above the 2nd ram slot. Still from my experience metal clip type fans are much better for ease of taking out, my plastic clips feel i could break them if i put too much force on them.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am using an Antec neo eco 550W psu and corsair vengeance 8*2 ram. Though i have managed to install the fan a bit higher up so it just sits above the 2nd ram slot. Still from my experience metal clip type fans are much better for ease of taking out, my plastic clips feel i could break them if i put too much force on them.

yeah, same issue faced by me for H410R and vengeance .. had to change ram modules to hyperx.

Top Bottom