Overheating problems

yeah, same issue faced by me for H410R and vengeance .. had to change ram modules to hyperx.
Hmm, but isn't the h410r a low profile cooler ?
I guess that u have a good cabinet and decent amount of clearance, so how can u have issue ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmm, but isn't the h410r a low profile cooler ?
I guess that u have a good cabinet and decent amount of clearance, so how can u have issue ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Vengeance has tall heat sink which just won't sit under H410R :D No issue about heatsink and cabinet though.

quicky008

I have an older gt 210 that's been overheating-its temps reach 60 c on idle-will changing its thermal paste make any difference?

Are generic chinese thermal pastes like HY 510 that are sold for Rs 200 or so on amazon any good?Are they suitable for application on vga cards or cpus?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have an older gt 210 that's been overheating-its temps reach 60 c on idle-will changing its thermal paste make any difference?

Are generic chinese thermal pastes like HY 510 that are sold for Rs 200 or so on amazon any good?Are they suitable for application on vga cards or cpus?
I don't think it is worth it for a card like GT210 not to mention you need expertise to do a task like this(it is more difficult compared to applying cpu paste).
@SaiyanGoku @omega44-xt

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
If you are looking for cheap chinese thermal pastes, get GD 900 7G syringe for about 100. Otherwise, GT 210 isn't worth the effort IMO.

quicky008

Yeah i read about gd 900 too but couldn't find it on amazon, i think its only available on aliexpress.com

Many youtubers recommend changing gpu's thermal paste when it starts to overheat, however its true that the process of doing so may not be quite as easy.

This gt 210 is really quite old and is passively cooled-i just wanted to experiment with it in order to familiarize myself with the procedure of changing gpu thermal paste which is something i had never done before.