Overheating problems

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, I am using stock cooler.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Stock intel cooler for 8th & 9th gen i5 & i7 are probably the worst performing coolers released by intel. It is recommended to immediately buy a good aftermarket cooler if planning on doing things like gaming(which use 70%+ processor in task manager) on 8th & 9th gen i5/i7.

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
Stock intel cooler for 8th & 9th gen i5 & i7 are probably the worst performing coolers released by intel. It is recommended to immediately buy a good aftermarket cooler if planning on doing things like gaming(which use 70%+ processor in task manager) on 8th & 9th gen i5/i7.
Please suggest me a new cooler a bit cheaper upto 5k around and suitable size cause I think the noctua won't fit.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Packaging mentions max cpu cooler height as 165mm but site says 155mm.
*www.antec.com/product/case/nx100.php
1589867992343.png

If it is 155mm then most good cpu air coolers won't fit.

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
Packaging mentions max cpu cooler height as 165mm but site says 155mm.
*www.antec.com/product/case/nx100.php
View attachment 19058

If it is 155mm then most good cpu air coolers won't fit.
Can hyper 212 fit in that ??

Can hyper 212 fit cause it is available in the shop and buying now, kindly reply quickly.
Am also thinking of changing Mobo to asus one, is it viable ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
If your cabinet supports max 165mm cpu cooler height then any hyper 212 model will fit as their max height is 159-160mm else it will be a very tight fit & may not even fit at all if your cabinet supports max 155mm cpu cooler height.

What mobo?

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
If your cabinet supports max 165mm cpu cooler height then any hyper 212 model will fit as their max height is 159-160mm else it will be a very tight fit & may not even fit at all if your cabinet supports max 155mm cpu cooler height.

What mobo?
I have msi h310m-vh Mobo. Since I read in this forum that msi has problems that's why I thought of changing. I also measured the height from processor upto the rear fan edge. I got 165mm or 6.5inch. PS I bought the hyper 212 (can exchange it though if I feel that it cannot fit in).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have msi h310m-vh Mobo. Since I read in this forum that msi has problems that's why I thought of changing. I also measured the height from processor upto the rear fan edge. I got 165mm or 6.5inch. PS I bought the hyper 212 (can exchange it though if I feel that it cannot fit in).

MSI mobos don't have issues as such but it is their very poor after sales support which is the main issue, if you are unlucky enough to need a warranty rma then you will regret buying msi. For 8th & higher gen i5/i7 it is suggested to get mid range mobo series(B360 etc) & lowest H310 etc series for i3.

If it is 165mm then hyper 212 should fit.

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
MSI mobos don't have issues as such but it is their very poor after sales support which is the main issue, if you are unlucky enough to need a warranty rma then you will regret buying msi. For 8th & higher gen i5/i7 it is suggested to get mid range mobo series(B360 etc) & lowest H310 etc series for i3.

If it is 165mm then hyper 212 should fit.
Why b360 Mobo is required for i5 series ? I didn't knew properly back then and simply asked the seller to give me a Mobo which can work with i5-8400. And I think I will exchange hyper 212 for this one due to smaller size Buy Cooler Master HYPER H410R RGB at Best Price in India - mdcomputers.in
Is this good enough though ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why b360 Mobo is required for i5 series ? I didn't knew properly back then and simply asked the seller to give me a Mobo which can work with i5-8400. And I think I will exchange hyper 212 for this one due to smaller size Buy Cooler Master HYPER H410R RGB at Best Price in India - mdcomputers.in
Is this good enough though ?

Cheapest mobo series usually have the worst VRMs(these things control the amount of voltage/current going to processor) which gets hot faster than good quality VRMs usually found in higher series mobo(but do note that not all higher series mobos have good VRMs & hence the difference in reviews/quality of mobo models). For lower end processors it is not an issue as they will not require that much power(e.g.i3,pentium gold processors) but higher end processors need more power as they are also faster. Because of this, low quality VRMs running 8th/9th gen i5/i7 will get hot faster & once the temp is high enough the VRMs will throttle the voltage/current going to processor to keep the temp below the safety limit resulting in processor slowing down. Also running your mobo with high VRM temps all the time will reduce the life of mobo.

Hyper 410R is 92mm fan while Hyper 212 is 120mm fan which is better for cooling. I suggest to get Hyper 212 unless it absolutely will not fit in your cabinet as getting a better cpu cooler is always beneficial in the long term.

quicky008

Technomancer
@whitestar_999 @SaiyanGoku thank you very much , installed hyper 212 and the result is amazing, almost 20°c drop in temps. (It just barely fits, less than 5mm remaining to touch the side panel. Arigato

Its good to know that your temp issues are resolved-can you please mention which variant of the hyper 212 did you buy? CM has released several versions of this cooler over the last few years,it would be useful to know which one exactly worked well in your case.

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
@quicky008: Hi, I got the this version Online Shopping site in India: Shop Online for Mobiles, Books, Watches, Shoes and More - Amazon.in › Cooler-Ma...
Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED CPU Cooler with PWM Fan: Amazon.in: Computers ...
But be careful of its height (160mm) cause it barely fits in my antec nx100 just 2mm away from touching the side panel. It was in sale on mdcomputer shop and website so be careful.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@quicky008: Hi, I got the this version Online Shopping site in India: Shop Online for Mobiles, Books, Watches, Shoes and More - Amazon.in › Cooler-Ma...
Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED CPU Cooler with PWM Fan: Amazon.in: Computers ...
But be careful of its height (160mm) cause it barely fits in my antec nx100 just 2mm away from touching the side panel. It was in sale on mdcomputer shop and website so be careful.

You are lucky because as per spec it can accommodate only cpu coolers with height upto 155mm.

Top Bottom