Overheating problems

Hey guys HElp....
I played Assassins Creed Today on my Pc n for about 25 minutes....n just thot that i shud check the temp in between n Ye GODS......I found my Graphic card temp...soaring high at 72*C !!!!!!!!!!!!
HDD at 58-60...CPU at 60....
I dont want to open my cabbie for any paste or anything as i am a NOOb in all this stuff....
Plz post the temp limit while playing high end games....
I surely played the game when initial temp of my syst was 47*C...THX A LOT

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
Dude, the temps. are perfectly allright....
72c for GPu is justified if you are playing a resource hogging game like assasins creedhttp://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_cool.gif and the temp. of your CPU at load is good....
though your HDD temp. is above the normal range..*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_confused.gif
No need to worry...*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_cool.gif

the normal temp. while playing high end games i.e. at load is
50-60c for CPU
65-70c for GPU
45-50c for HDDhttp://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_mrgreen.gif

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
:lol:Gee:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
all the four screws from my heatsink to the mobo were cracked....
That's why the temp. was soaring 85c at idle...:shock::shock:
Used feviquick and the temp. is now 60c at idle.......:razz::razz:

Long live Fevi Quick:p:p:

thilina

From Sri Lanka
I have a Intel C2D 3GHz processor.Idle temp=abt 50'c
Load temp= about 55'c
Motherboard =Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3P
Idle temp=abt 50'c
Load temp= about 57'c

I'll need to fix a fan for the casing,isnt it??:-?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a Intel C2D 3GHz processor.Idle temp=abt 50'c
Load temp= about 55'c
Motherboard =Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3P
Idle temp=abt 50'c
Load temp= about 57'c

I'll need to fix a fan for the casing,isnt it??:-?

The cpu idle temps are on higher side but load temp is just fine though I have doubt about it coz with 50c idle load temps should be around 65c.

The cpu idle & load temp should be 45c-62c & same for the mobo.

Yeah fix a fan in front your cabby as intake & at the rear as exhaust. That should keep your temps low.

mumblehere

On The Game
when i switch on the computer, it wont start for 5 min (a green led in mobo is on during this time, monitor led is on which gets power frm psu, but nothin works, nothin is loaded. proccy fan, psu fan, n addl fan too wont work).

after 5 min or so, the proccy fan, psu fan, and addl fan starts and runs for some 30 sec or so (but nothin loaded this time too), and sys gets off.

after which, i can normally switch on the system, and there ll be no problem there on.

after switchin off the sys, if i start the system again within 15 min or so, it will work properly. else the entire thing happens again.

so wat wud be the probm.

(this started at the start of monsoon season, prob is there for 2 weeks now, any prob due to cold climate? jus a doubt)

:sad:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ 1st of all your query is not overheating related so you should create a new thread for that one. Do so in the future :p

Humidity is the reason behind this. Buy some sachet of silica gel & put them inside of your cabby. When the packets turn pink replace them with new packets. You can find them in medicine shops.

BTW, I've got some packets with ups & I am using those :p

spidy333

Broken In
My ATI 4850 is running hotter than usual I think.. The Idle temps are around 70 degrees and when gaming it goes upto near 90 degrees and at times crosses 100 degrees when playing games like Assassins creed.. All this at fan speed set to 75%..

Now to further aggravate the problem.. my system started crashing.. typically this happens while I'm gaming.. briefly some red pixels/lines start coming up all over the screen then monitor loses the signal. After some time blue screen appears saying "display driver failed. Recovery timed out".. Then system restarts.. Now at this point the red pixel graphic corruption exists at bios screen also. After few (1-3) restarts system goes back to normal state..

Even at times the crash happens for no reason i.e When I'm browsing.. I kept any eye on my temps to see whats happening.. idled around 74.. then after some time red pixels started coming up (just 5-10 mins after previous crash).. after restart when I see the temps its around 90.. Whats happening... I dont understand.. I think GPU is faulty.. Am I right?

thilina

From Sri Lanka
The cpu idle temps are on higher side but load temp is just fine though I have doubt about it coz with 50c idle load temps should be around 65c.

The cpu idle & load temp should be 45c-62c & same for the mobo.

Yeah fix a fan in front your cabby as intake & at the rear as exhaust. That should keep your temps low.

Im sure abt those Temps.My proccy has never exceeded 58'c in load.In idle its 49-50.
I fixed a rear intake fan (80mm).Only 1 fan can be instaled on my casing.Now the cpu temp never exceeds 54's.Also the mobo temp never exceeds 54"c.Is this gud??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ If those temps are load temps they are just fine.

BTW, try to fix the rear fan as as exhaust. See if you get some more low temps. Domn't forget to post the temps here :p

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
My ATI 4850 is running hotter than usual I think.. The Idle temps are around 70 degrees and when gaming it goes upto near 90 degrees and at times crosses 100 degrees when playing games like Assassins creed.. All this at fan speed set to 75%..

Now to further aggravate the problem.. my system started crashing.. typically this happens while I'm gaming.. briefly some red pixels/lines start coming up all over the screen then monitor loses the signal. After some time blue screen appears saying "display driver failed. Recovery timed out".. Then system restarts.. Now at this point the red pixel graphic corruption exists at bios screen also. After few (1-3) restarts system goes back to normal state..

Even at times the crash happens for no reason i.e When I'm browsing.. I kept any eye on my temps to see whats happening.. idled around 74.. then after some time red pixels started coming up (just 5-10 mins after previous crash).. after restart when I see the temps its around 90.. Whats happening... I dont understand.. I think GPU is faulty.. Am I right?

You are right........That card gone kaput due to overheating............time for a replacement......

BTW, do you have proper ventilation inside of your cabby ? what's your cpu & it's idle & load temps ?

Ohoooo.....Mate ..get to rashi n its time to get a new card...
OR

the resistances of the card must have come out...go to a dealer who repairs n can get the resistances back in their place...THO CHANCES R BLEAK...yet y not giv it a try!!!

thilina

From Sri Lanka
^^ If those temps are load temps they are just fine.

BTW, try to fix the rear fan as as exhaust. See if you get some more low temps. Domn't forget to post the temps here :p

If I fix it as exhaust the dust willcome inside.Thats why I set it as intake.But if I fix it as exhaust,will it reduce the temps more??:?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
There always should be one exchaust and on intake. When there is no exhaust, hot air will remain inside.

thilina

From Sri Lanka
There always should be one exchaust and on intake. When there is no exhaust, hot air will remain inside.

I can fix only 1 fan in the casing.I set it to intake cz of dust problems.Lets see,I'll set it to exhaust n tell you the results.:wink:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
If I fix it as exhaust the dust willcome inside.Thats why I set it as intake.But if I fix it as exhaust,will it reduce the temps more??:?

No if you fix only one fan as intake more dust will come inside.
So fix it as exhaust & yup, it will reduce temps.

Top Bottom