Overheating problems

xbonez

NP : Crysis
is that a liquid cooling sys? how much did it cost u? what is the liquid used and does ur cabinet always have to stay open in which case it must be collecting a lot of dust

darklord

Cyborg Agent
xbonez said:
is that a liquid cooling sys? how much did it cost u? what is the liquid used and does ur cabinet always have to stay open in which case it must be collecting a lot of dust

Yes thats my watercooling setup.
It cost me roughly 14k for everything.Although i got only the waterblocks for Graphics card and CPU from US,rest everything is done by me :)
The liquid is a mixture of coolant and distilled water. I have removed Watercooling for now as i have got new board+CPU so gonna reinstall it.I am gonna cut the chassis to accomodate the tubing and i can close the side panel :)

xbonez

man thats a one hell of an investment on cooling. just open ur cabinet and put a portable fan on one side so it blows air thru the cabinet. it'll give u similar results i think :). how much temp diff did ur watercooler setup make? imagine in the money u spent on the cooling solution u could have got urself quite a good processor

darklord

Cyborg Agent
xbonez said:
man thats a one hell of an investment on cooling. just open ur cabinet and put a portable fan on one side so it blows air thru the cabinet. it'll give u similar results i think :). how much temp diff did ur watercooler setup make? imagine in the money u spent on the cooling solution u could have got urself quite a good processor

Well Air cooling ,whatever form of it,is not going to match Water ever ;)

Here are some results when i hooked it up with my PC when i built it which was couple of months back,i have to redo the loop for my new rig.Will post results soon :)

*img144.imageshack.us/img144/5425/systoolstock1900xtex8.th.jpg*img116.imageshack.us/img116/8261/coretempstockidletm1.th.jpg*img78.imageshack.us/img78/7615/65075025ghziw2.th.jpg

Watch the X1900XT temperatures.Just for reference,
With Stock Air cooler aka Heatsink+Fan on that X1900XT,

Idle Temps @ Stock speeds = 50-53C
Full Load Temps @ Stock Speed = 80-90C

See what i mean when i say Air cooling can never come close to water ;)

Big Investment, definitely but its long term one for sure ;) And trust me, water cooling helps while overclocking like anything. :)

xbonez

man i spent nearly a whole month convincing my dad to get me my graphic card which i finally got for rs5000. so i guess a 14k rig that just pumps water thru ur sys is out of the que for me :))

darklord

Cyborg Agent
xbonez said:
man i spent nearly a whole month convincing my dad to get me my graphic card which i finally got for rs5000. so i guess a 14k rig that just pumps water thru ur sys is out of the que for me :))
Happens re,not everyone needs water ;) but now that i am addicted to it,cant stay away.
Btw,few more pics,enjoy !

*img404.imageshack.us/img404/434/pict0020vy0.th.jpg*img120.imageshack.us/img120/1421/dscn1498pj8.th.jpg*img165.imageshack.us/img165/8094/dscn1465xd5.th.jpg*img100.imageshack.us/img100/7660/dscn1480gz4.th.jpg*img75.imageshack.us/img75/883/dscn1504al4.th.jpg

so i guess a 14k rig that just pumps water thru ur sys ----> How dare you say that :D you make it look like water cooling is like taking a stroll in the park lol.
Its not like i splurged 14k and bham ! my kit was there,no.I worked hard to get it running.
Just to give some idea of how the initial stages were,
*img238.imageshack.us/img238/1367/14062006cs6.th.jpg *img175.imageshack.us/img175/3393/dscn1428sa2.th.jpg

I know it looks ghetto but i am proud of my creation :D

Last edited:

xbonez

so u created it urself. its not available readymade? by the way, thats what my dad would call ur liquid cooling sys (a rig that pumps water thru ur sys but of course i know better). my dad's given a very simple solution for high temps. he says whenever temps go too high, just shutdown the computer and study for a fe hours. then switch it on agaoin and voila! its cool :)

darklord

Cyborg Agent
xbonez said:
so u created it urself. its not available readymade? by the way, thats what my dad would call ur liquid cooling sys (a rig that pumps water thru ur sys but of course i know better). my dad's given a very simple solution for high temps. he says whenever temps go too high, just shutdown the computer and study for a fe hours. then switch it on agaoin and voila! its cool :)
Nope you do not get it readymade here.I just got the CPU and GPU waterclocks from US,everything else was done by me.

Laser_dude

Master Chief
Hello everyone this is my first post :)

ok my prob goes like this , the northbridge of my motherboard(ECS 845GV-M3) is

geting very hot and resulting in frequent restarts i have attached a fan over it

to cool it down now it runs fine ,but i want a permanent solution ,so please give

me some info about chipset coolers (i checked >90% of shops in my city and no

one stocked them) their availability in north-eastern part of india ,model and

price .

Thanks

guys .. i own AMD 3600+, with asus M2NPVVM mobo and zebronics cabby.. my processer runs at 45-59 C depending on the load when the local temp is around 32-40 C. is it okay ???????

darklord

Cyborg Agent
harryneopotter said:
guys .. i own AMD 3600+, with asus M2NPVVM mobo and zebronics cabby.. my processer runs at 45-59 C depending on the load when the local temp is around 32-40 C. is it okay ???????

anything in the range of 50-55C at load is ok ,above that is worrisome.:)

thrash_metal

In the zone
well mine is running @ 74 ... which is quite high ... any method to reduce it ? Its a P4 3.2 with Intel 915 mbrd .. have a basic simple cabinet and recently im keeping the case side doors open .. still the high temp ..... I got a Asus Starice cooler *www.viperlair.com/reviews/cooling/air/heatsinks/asus/stice/
but my vendor is not willing to put it in saying that it might break my mbrd !!! Can this happen ? The CPU cooler is clean and is running right ..... still the high temp ... can there be anything wrong in my Processor ???
As for advice people even told me to go and buy an AC !!! Do the new core 2 duo / quad have these heating probs ?

GeekyBoy

In the zone
What is the max allowable temp for a motherboard ?

What is the max allowable temp for a motherboard ?

Last edited:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Well have u ever saw the old control panel of nVidia?Can't say about the new one but the old one says the max. temp. 125degrees,but thats crap.
The max. temp should be not more than 60 degrees & u can hardly see this temperature except in the old X1800XTX.I still remember there was a GPU cooler roundup for the ATi X1800XTX which was a burning rod at 80degrees & the best cooler tunes it to 63 degrees.
Same should be for every single hardware.

samanvya_ad

Broken In
tell me why to worry so much abt cooling... i understand heat can fire off CPUs...

but why to keep cabinets closed.... i have 2 120 mm n one 80 mm fan in my cabinet n temp for amd 3000+ remains at around 44 degree while playin game n drops to 41-42 degrees when i open the cabinet... thats without overcloacking...

so why cant we just leave it open cos most of us are hardware junkies n have to take out Hdds to share with frnds every now n then... so why worry abt it.... as someone said... open it up n keep a small car fan near it.... in my case it did affect a lot... even while playing call of duty 2 with 4xAA n 4x AF the temp didn't go aboce 40 degrees....

darklord

Cyborg Agent
samanvya_ad said:
tell me why to worry so much abt cooling... i understand heat can fire off CPUs...

but why to keep cabinets closed.... i have 2 120 mm n one 80 mm fan in my cabinet n temp for amd 3000+ remains at around 44 degree while playin game n drops to 41-42 degrees when i open the cabinet... thats without overcloacking...

so why cant we just leave it open cos most of us are hardware junkies n have to take out Hdds to share with frnds every now n then... so why worry abt it.... as someone said... open it up n keep a small car fan near it.... in my case it did affect a lot... even while playing call of duty 2 with 4xAA n 4x AF the temp didn't go aboce 40 degrees....

Single cores is ok but you have no idea what happens to Dual Cores once they are OC'ed ;)

OT : what sharing data got to do with being a hardware junkie ? :p

darklord

Cyborg Agent
kooabs03 said:
@darklord saw ur water cooling kit. nice work dude. which cabinet r u using?

I am using Zebronics Jamaica Chassis.VIP ZB-01 is also the same thing.I mean the interiors,front bezel is different.:wink:

samanvya_ad

Broken In
darklord said:
Single cores is ok but you have no idea what happens to Dual Cores once they are OC'ed ;)

why... what happens... they go beyond 100 degrees or what....

i bet they will remain cool by this opening the Cabinet method until u insanely overclock them...

and as far as i know generally we dont overclock our Pcs more than 30% of its actual speed...

darklord said:
OT : what sharing data got to do with being a hardware junkie ? :p

by this i meant that generally our cabinets remain open for some or other reason n sharing is one such reason....

so when it remains open then y not to use it for cooling... i will definately not spend 10-12 grands on a water cooling kit...
instead will get an ac that cools the computer as well as me..... N with that Ac in room i will open the cabinet n face it towards the open box... cool cool coool PC

now whats the harm in opening the box......

Last edited:
Top Bottom