Overheating problems

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Hi I have an 8500GT card from XFX. this card always stays around 70 to 80 degree celsius. It's fan speed always remains at 675rpm irrespective of the temperature. Please help.

I measered the temperature using the nTune utility. When i used speed fan, it showed me the following temperatures:

System 47*
CPU 51*
AUX 48*
HD0 44*

(The nTune software shows my GPU at 70* right now but it can easily go upto 80*C)

What is AUX here? and why is it not showing my GPU temperature?

Currently i have kept my cabinet open for better ventillation as i don have any fans in my cabinet.

Last edited:

lavi87

Broken In
hi i have gor c2d E6700 processor & intel 965wh board . my processor shows temperature in idle state at 48c & when i play games like nfsug 2 it shoots to 60c & even the game is closed down a no. of times. i m not having original fan of this processor. also i am using a simple cabinet with 2 80mm fan.
my fan rpm usually remain at 1018
i have also selected aggressive setting in bios for better but no benefit
Please help me ,suggest any good cooling solution for c2d which is available easily.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
My cabinet is already open. And all other components are running ok. Can't I get a better fan for the graphic card? I think it will be a better solution. But where to get it from? How much will it cost? Is it even possible to put another fan in place of the original one in this card? It is directly powered from the PCIe slot. It has no wires or anything.

BTW, is the reported temperature always correct? Because when i keep my hand really close to the GPU fan, the air is not warm at all. And it is still showing 70*C temperature. Or it may mean that the fan is not dissipating the heat properly as it is not fitted properly. But how can that be, since it came prefitted with the card.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
lavi87 said:
hi i have gor c2d E6700 processor & intel 965wh board . my processor shows temperature in idle state at 48c & when i play games like nfsug 2 it shoots to 60c & even the game is closed down a no. of times. i m not having original fan of this processor. also i am using a simple cabinet with 2 80mm fan.
my fan rpm usually remain at 1018
i have also selected aggressive setting in bios for better but no benefit
Please help me ,suggest any good cooling solution for c2d which is available easily.
What fan are u using for your processor?

baccilus said:
My cabinet is already open. And all other components are running ok. Can't I get a better fan for the graphic card? I think it will be a better solution. But where to get it from? How much will it cost? Is it even possible to put another fan in place of the original one in this card? It is directly powered from the PCIe slot. It has no wires or anything.

BTW, is the reported temperature always correct? Because when i keep my hand really close to the GPU fan, the air is not warm at all. And it is still showing 70*C temperature. Or it may mean that the fan is not dissipating the heat properly as it is not fitted properly. But how can that be, since it came prefitted with the card.
Well u can get a quality cooling solution for your graphics card but u will loose your warranty in that case.U can get few cooling solutions from Cooler Master or Thermaltake.If nothing is happening ,i say go for an RMA without loosing the warranty!

Last edited:

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Tell me more about RMA please. Where can i get it from and at what cost? By the way, should i really worry too much about this problem since my system never hangs or anything?

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
baccilus said:
Tell me more about RMA please. Where can i get it from and at what cost? By the way, should i really worry too much about this problem since my system never hangs or anything?

[SIZE=-1]Return Materials Authorization.
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]This is when u have a faulty product & or if u are not satisfied with the product,then u return it to the place from where u have bought it & the company [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]reimburse the person who returned the stuff.

Sometimes we call it utilizing the warranty but RMA is for early stage & warranty is what u get.

So ask the dealer if he can return it & give u another card beacuse its faulty.

Dude the temp. plays a vital role in performance.If temp is hig then the performance is low & vice versa.
So its really necessary that u have your stuff in absolute working condition.

Although it is a high temp. but not that high but why taking risk?This might be just a start.
Do these things before going for a change.
1.Use any other temp. monitor for ur system & also download all the latest drivers including nTune.
[/SIZE]

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Thanks Keith. I have the latest driver and nTune. Can I directly return to Rashi? Actually the dealer i got it from turned out to be a pest. Right now nTune is the only software capable of reading it's temperature.

And what are the chances that the temperature is not being read correctly? The air being thrown out by the GPU fan is not warm at all.

By the way i also got a cabinet with 3-4 fans and one directly beneath the graphic card, Didn't help much.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
baccilus said:
Thanks Keith. I have the latest driver and nTune. Can I directly return to Rashi? Actually the dealer i got it from turned out to be a pest. Right now nTune is the only software capable of reading it's temperature.

And what are the chances that the temperature is not being read correctly? The air being thrown out by the GPU fan is not warm at all.

By the way i also got a cabinet with 3-4 fans and one directly beneath the graphic card, Didn't help much.
There is no need to talk to rashi periphrals.Do u have the Bill for the Card?
If yes u can sue him anytime.Where is your location & who is the dealer?What is his address & contact no.?

U can also use various type of softwares that shows the temp. Like nTune,MBM,Everest,Speedfan etc....
Try them first before u take any step!

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Thanks buddy. I tried rivertuner and it shows 70* too. Will try more software and then talk to that dealer and see how he reacts.

Ok, i tried Rivatuner and while playing games the temperature is going upto 87* .

Now in case i give it back to the dealer to get it repaired, should i get something signed or anything from him. I mean i should have some proof that i have given the card back to him for repair.

Koi to kuchh jawab do yaar

Last edited:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Actually it all depend on the dealer that how trustworthy is him!
If u think that u don't need anything & u have full trust on him then u won't require anything but if u are not sure about him then give a reason that u need something like a slip that someone else can also get on ur behalf because u will be out of town.....something like that!

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
I don't have much of a trust on him but i also know he won't fall for that. Actually he is not the only one like that. All of the dealers i have come across in Chandigarh are like that or worse. They are also chronically allergic to giving bills on what they sell. Will go to him today and see how he reacts.

Shloeb

In the zone
I installed speed fan. It shows 3 temperatures
TEMP CHIP
Temp1: Winbond W83627HF
Temp2: -do-
Temp3: -do-
Temp4: HD0
Here is the screenshot.
*i122.photobucket.com/albums/o278/Shloeb/temp.png
I know the last temp is of Hard Disk. But what are the others? Just tell me what are these temperatures and what is wrong with them?

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Can't tell u exactly but the 2 temp. in the middle with the flame in front of it are critical.
U must be having read me file with the Speedfan or else see the config. file.I haven't use it before but these are the 2 possibilities to find out.I am using EVEREST Ultimate edition.Try it once.
Don't rely on a single software,use multiple of them.
& please do an update also buddy!

Shloeb

In the zone
This came with digit. And one thing is that the temp 3 is always at 64 or 65. Even when i just boot the pc and check the temp first it doesn't go up or down.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Shloeb said:
@janitha what are the temperatures on ur pc?

Temp1:36
Temp2:39
Temp3:26
HD0: 40
Temp1:40
Core : 35

Ther are two Temp1s with diff values and most surprisingly Temp3 is 26 when the room temp is 30.5!

xbonez

NP : Crysis
the best software to measure temp is lavalys everest. it quite simple and not at all confusing. it gives temp of all components as well as speed of fans etc

janitha

Wise Old Owl
xbonez said:
the best software to measure temp is lavalys everest. it quite simple and not at all confusing. it gives temp of all components as well as speed of fans etc

But is it free?

Top Bottom