Overheating problems

Ravi.bvrm

Right off the assembly line
sourav said:
I cannot buy such costly thermal paste and also which would used very little.

You can get Heat sink paste at computer peripheral shops, it doesn't cost's you more than 10/15 RS that quantity is sufficient on processor.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@nishant_nms
Ove X2 4200+ oced to 2.65 nd now it idles at 37~39 nd at max it could go as high as 56c. DO u think its OK???
And whats the max stable temp of GF7 cards[0.09m manus ones]. Ive oed my 7600GT to 620/1500 from 560/1400 nd now it idles at 43~44 nd max it can go upto 54c. Is it ok. Whats its max as i wanna oc it more nd now its very stable.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Local 80mm fans r available for 50 bucks..........branded ones r better,
Go for Antec or Cooler Master, theses cost above 300......depending upon the specs.....

[ashX]

Broken In
Re: Overheating problems - I have P R O B L E M !!!

Hi!

I hav P4 3.00 GHz HT / 512 MB 333 MHz / 915 GV Intel Ori. MB .

My problem is that when I turn on my PC it start with 50 Degree and goes ups upto 65 Degree even upto 70 Degree (Measured By SpeedFan).

Recently I changed the thermal paste with a one which i got frm Lamington Road (Mumbai) for 30 Buks. But problem is not solved.

?) What is the reason behind this?

?) Do i want to change the FAN on the Processor with new one?

?) What is the Normal Temp for CPU?

?) What is the Normal Fan Speed?

Plz Help Me ! ! !

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
Re: Overheating problems - I have P R O B L E M !!!

[ashX] said:
Hi!

I hav P4 3.00 GHz HT / 512 MB 333 MHz / 915 GV Intel Ori. MB .

My problem is that when I turn on my PC it start with 50 Degree and goes ups upto 65 Degree even upto 70 Degree (Measured By SpeedFan).

Recently I changed the thermal paste with a one which i got frm Lamington Road (Mumbai) for 30 Buks. But problem is not solved.

?) What is the reason behind this?

?) Do i want to change the FAN on the Processor with new one?

?) What is the Normal Temp for CPU?

?) What is the Normal Fan Speed?

Plz Help Me ! ! !
U can't do anything except adding few fans as ur processor is crap

arjun2040

Broken In
hey ppl
got a problem here...noticed that my CPU fan stopped working(not completely) but it doesnt run at full speed.....keeps stopping and starting
its a stock cooler master fan. checked the connection and it seems alright to me
BIOS shows me a cpu fan speed of 0 RPM! while everest tells me its around 2000RPM +/-
also got temps of 84 deg from everest and similar in the bios
running a P4 516(Prescott,2.93GHz) on a msi mobo MS-7091
pls help!

hairatheesh

Hello friends
Iam too have a very seriuos problem of over heating .... My coputer produced lots of noice so i thought that the dust in the cpu fan caused the sound so i decided to clean he dust ... i cleaned through my vacum cleaner ... but it didnt take the dust ... so i removed the heat sink fan and then removed the fan and then cleaded completle and the placed as per the instruction by the manual .... After cleaning the sound virtually reduced but when i opened the Pc Probe II given by Asus Motherboard it is continuesly saying cpu temp exeeds it starts from 80 degree celcius and roaming between 70 to 90 ..... Oh my god i never seen this temp before ... whats the problem and what can i do now .... please somebody help

My hardware information :

Pentim D Processor 3.4 Ghz, 800 Mhz FSB, 2X2 mb cache
ASUSTeK P5LD2-VM SE
Memory : 1024 MB (37ns)
Sound : Realtek HD Audio output
Video : NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT

Will it make a problem when i run my system continuesly .... plz somebody help before something happens

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well .. u have a CPU that produces quite a lot of heat ... proper ventilation and a third party CPU cooler is the only way to go ...

janitha

Wise Old Owl
@Hairatheesh
It seems you have removed the heatsink and after cleaning refitted it without applying thermal paste. If so, that is it!

kbk

Broken In
Hello Friends
My machine started giving me problem from 2-3 weeks ago.
What I have is :AMD X2 4200, A8N32 DLX, 6800GS XFX, 512x2 Hynix, zebronix psu 450w, zebronix cabinet.
As soon as I power on my pc it hangs, there is no display, keyboard leds doesnt blink. All I can see is Hard Disc is running fans are spinning.
After this I am left with no choice but to restart but nothing changes.
After restarting for 10-15 mins, my pc will start normally, loads OS(xp) then again restart.
After some restart my machine works for hours, but not always and am stuck in restart loop then after some time I give up

During some restarts my machine starts and hangs, sometimes at Bios, sometimes while loading XP, sometime no display at all.
Sometime when my machine starts I manage to go in to BIOS setup to check temperature. It shows very high temperature, till now I have seen 73C then it drops till 64/63 and then after some time machine hangs again.

Please help me figure out cause of the problem. Is the PSU gone faulty or heating issue or what...
If you want any more detail pls ask, but pls.s.s.s help me in solving my problem...

Hope none of yours pc faces this kind of problem:cry: .

Happy Diwali to all of you and to your PC

sachin46

Broken In
Is this Overheating ???

Hello Friends

I have purchased my new PC, with following config
Intel C2D 1.86GHz (No Overclocking)
ASUS P5B-VM
VIP Cabinet with 400W PSU
Sony DRU-820A
Seagate 250 GB SATA2

I have observed the following temperature with ASUS PC Probe Utility

At Ideal CPU 450C & MB 510C

At Regular Load CPU 480C & MB 560C

But at heavy load (especially in High end Games) CPU 630C & MB 720C
But games dose not hang
Also, As soon as I quit game temp. come back to normal load temp.

Is the above temperature is with in safe limit?
What is maximum permissible temp. for CPU & Motherboard ???

My cabinet has one 90mm fan at back
All wires are arranged in proper way for good air flow

If this temp is not within safe limit, what can I do better cooling
Will additional 120 or 90mm fan @ front, for air intake will improve cooling?

skoar

hi guys
i got a p4 dual core pro
my pro temp reaches as high 83 c
help needed
i tryed installing 5 fans but it no use

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Dood....I want to tell you there is no ''P4 dual core'' ,,,,\
Anyways......it seems that the HSF is not properly mounted,,,get it checked from a local vendor...and remount it..

major_ram_007

iITS ALL BURNING HERE!!!!

I RECENTLY BROUGHT PENTIUM D 2.66GHZ
MY TEMP OF THE CPU STARTS FROM 65C.
AFTER MANY HOURS IT REACHES TO 70 AND ABOVE..........

PLZ ANYBODY HELP!!!!!!

Top Bottom