Overheating problems

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
Cooler master dealer in bangalore: Golcha Inter trade, 69/70, SP Road.

There are lot of cooler master products in this shop. from thermal paste to water cooling, PSUs, cabinets etc.

kbk

Broken In
Yes, even I want to know which shops in mumbai keep these products.

Last edited:

suhas_sm

Journeyman
What are the prices of 120mm fans of above mentioned brands ?
Any good specific models in them ?

Also i would like to have more info on types of the fans as in air intake, blowers etc etc..

OP
john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
For antec fans look here: *www.antecindia.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=14&Itemid=45
i don't think ZALMAN products are officially available in INDIA but since u live in Mumbai.......u may get it around LAMINGTON ROAD (few of my friiends told me that it is a good place to look for PC components and accessories).
Prices of these branded fans varies between 200-400 rupees. Better check with local vendor. For exact address, ask someone from Mumbai (there are many member who could help u).

janitha

Wise Old Owl
suhas_sm said:
What are the prices of 120mm fans of above mentioned brands ?
Any good specific models in them ?

Also i would like to have more info on types of the fans as in air intake, blowers etc etc..

You can try Antec Tri Cool 120mm which has a 3 speed switch or Vantec Stealth 120mm which is very silent.( If I remember correct, both has double ball bearings) I bought both online from Ebay but cost is high there. You can get specifications from ebay itself or from the respective company sites.

suhas_sm

Journeyman
thnks.
I need info fans which culd be used for air intake, air outlets. Morever which side shuld they be fitted on according to their functions n all.

OP
john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
An intake fan will also work as outlet......just reverse it. The direction of air flow is usually given on the side (frame) of the fans.

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
ambandla said:
Cooler master dealer in bangalore: Golcha Inter trade, 69/70, SP Road.
w00t! and BTW, do you know their Contact Number?

And please do Tell me the Approx Price of CoolerMaster Thermal Paste.. Is that paste good for Gfx Cards too? I Curiously Removed the Heatsink from my Gainward 6800 AGP, now i'm to Afraid to Run it Again without the Thermal Paste :???:

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
^^
Use AS5 it much better...it costs 375 for 3.5gms.....Yea..you can use it with graphics cards also...

janitha

Wise Old Owl
subbzzz said:
w00t! and BTW, do you know their Contact Number?

And please do Tell me the Approx Price of CoolerMaster Thermal Paste.. Is that paste good for Gfx Cards too? I Curiously Removed the Heatsink from my Gainward 6800 AGP, now i'm to Afraid to Run it Again without the Thermal Paste :???:

Don't ever re-fix it without properly applying thermal paste.
BTW I also would like to know the prices of AS 5, Antec silver or any other quality paste and also from where I can buy it online. Previously theitdepot.com used to deal in such things but now even their site is not working for quite some time.

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Can someone guide me on how to apply the thermal paste, which thermal paste to buy n at wat cost.........
Then i have one stock fan,one psu fan n one cabinet fan. i wantu attach more fans but no more place in the cabinet............
Suggest on that too.
config as below
PentiumD 915 (2.8 ghz 2*2mb L2cache)
intel d102ggc2 mobo
512 mb ddr2
2 ide hdd (1*80 + 1*40) Gb
2 optical drives( 1*HP DVD RW + 1*samsung CDRW )
Moreover wast should be the normal temperatures for my cpu? both idle n under load situations.......

Last edited:

asifsyeed

Right off the assembly line
I will opt for this heating problem. This problem occurs for those PC users who buy expencieve Pc but never think of SMPS so i suggest that you should buy the best SMPS and Cabinet as i have seen millions of peoples buying systems 30,000 or Rs 50,000 and then going for a simple Cabinet and SMPS as 70% performance depends on the SMPS as if it get heated fast it causes system haetup and making it perform slow. So buy a good Cabinet with extra coolers/Fans and a Good SMPS. Look for the best as A good SMPS cost's atleast Rs4000 and everyone buy Rs1000 or Rs1500 cabinet with SMPS so everyone gets this problem.
Try my tips and i am sure your problem will get resolved.

sunaabh

Hey Sourav,
I read your posts on over heating and termal paste.... I'm not sure if your problem has been resolved.. just in case you are still looking for a solution read this:

two years ago while cleaning one of my PCs I assembled, I had damaged the thermal paste layer... I had with me a "heatsink Compount" [a white colored paste available in small containers, the size of a 35mm film roll] normally used for power transtor installations on heat sinks... I bought this some 15 years ago for Rs20 or so from a local electronics spares market and while building my very first power amplifier. :) .... though a little sticky/ grimy the thing works on the CPU like magic... so now you know where to look for what... :p
I've just poted a reply for Souav... may be that will help you and yes.. remember you have to youse a very little bit of the paste... and spread it evenly... I used my finger tip for the quantity and the application too... :)

Last edited:

shantanu

Technomancer
codename_romeo said:
Can someone guide me on how to apply the thermal paste, which thermal paste to buy n at wat cost.........
Then i have one stock fan,one psu fan n one cabinet fan. i wantu attach more fans but no more place in the cabinet............
Suggest on that too.
config as below
PentiumD 915 (2.8 ghz 2*2mb L2cache)
intel d102ggc2 mobo
512 mb ddr2
2 ide hdd (1*80 + 1*40) Gb
2 optical drives( 1*HP DVD RW + 1*samsung CDRW )
Moreover wast should be the normal temperatures for my cpu? both idle n under load situations.......

look for VELVETA THERMAL PAstE I THINK MOST DEALERS MUST HAEV BUT THEY COME IN 10 PACKS AND would cost you around 50/-
turn off computer open the cabinets and leave your pc for 15 minis.

then unplug your power supply and remove all connetions..
then take out the cpu fan out and from a small cloth clean it up take a brush and clean the sorrounding parts also..
after removing the dirt and remaining old thermal paste on the heatsink take one of the new thermal pastes and take out the plastic cover and stick that to the heat sink just above where it was before..now keep the heat sink over the processor and plug every wire again and recheck the connections.. now turn on your pc and enjoy...

NOTE:DO NOT TRY THIS IF YOUR SYSTEM IS RUNNING FINE AND NOT TOO OLD IF THE TEMPERATURE IN IN ACCEPTABLE LIMITS DO NOT RY THIS

AND TRY ON YOUR OWN RISK

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Thanx shantanu_webmaster for your advice..........but your disclaimer has really frightened me a lot........so will think b4 tryin

shantanu

Technomancer
its nothing frightening like just have to be carefull in this as ROOKEEES can cause damage to the system just for NOTICE ... its very simple for normal and regular users.. :)

sunaabh

Yeah, I endorse Shantanu's bottomliner... thats the way to go.... but you have to step into the water to learn swimming.... I too was very frightened at first.... but stick religiously to advises from pros and it is less likely that you will land into trouble.... but agian, yeah, dont meddle with the innards unless there is no way out.....

Top Bottom