Overheating problems

OP
john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
nishant_nms said:
I know every thing about asembling a PC but I don't know how to correctly apply thermal paste on processor. Can any one help me with a link having pictures or video explaning the process.

See if this helps: *www.hardwarelogic.com/news/136/ARTICLE/1109/2006-02-13.html

Also see this: *www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=9728

Last edited:

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
bit offtopic .. but i have got 15 colour fans .. 80 mm in size .. want to sell them ..

interested people pls pm me ..

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
I have just bought Navtech cabinet for Rs 1700/-.Its a temperature cabinet it includes one SMPS and two fans that works when the temp exceeds the minimum degrees we have set.So I hope it does not have overheating problem.My config are Pentium D 3.0,945 mobo,nvidia 6600 GT 256 mb.

OP
john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
yogi7272 said:
bit offtopic .. but i have got 15 colour fans .. 80 mm in size .. want to sell them ..

interested people pls pm me ..

The "BAZAAR" section has been re-opened........post ur deal over there.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=56

sourav

In the zone
ok I have this question before but no one answered. KOI BAAT NAHI.(Don't go with upper case)

The Post starts:-
I have Intel newer P4 2.67 Ghz (64 bit wala) on a original In tel board (D915GLVG , I hope so). it is of 6 months old. Whe I bought my computer the temperature went above 100 C during dayytime. And restarted many times automatically. So, I called my technician and he said the heastsink was not fitted properly. Then he showed mt the processor but I saw that the thermal paste was burnt ( a little), so I asked him what about the thermal paste. Then he said "Yeh paste jitna hai chalega". But after that my processor's temperature was between 55 - 78 C. Now, I doubt on my thermal paste.

I don't want to buy a costly paste. So, what about the paste that comes with Intel.

Oooh!

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
arctic silver ceramique - 350 rs
arctiv silver 5 -- 650 rs
here in mumbai ..

ceramique is totally safe .. while silver 5 is a bit conductive .. and bit more efficient than ceramique ..

these thermal pastes are way better than what intel gives u .. intel gives u thermal pad..

i am telling it through my own experience .. i have p 4 3.2 ghz prescott ..

codeash

Broken In
I bought HP Compaq nx6120 (pv171pA) last year. I have had lot of problems with it. I almost got all the parts of my laptop changed under warranty. LCD, Mother-Board, RAM, USB slot, MMC Card Reader etc.

I think its again time for me to go back to HP Service center and ask them to change my motherboard again but before that I want to conform the problem.

My computer freezes sometimes and solution to this is when I hold my laptop vertically it starts working immediately again when i keep it down again it freezes...I keep on doing this for some time and than finally I get this error "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and laptop crashes. It tries to restart but this time it freezes at the HP welcome screen it self. I have been having this problem from a month now and I have formatted my hard disk thrice and installed the OS again because most of the times Windows gets corrupted.

I searched the net for this IRQL error and found out its due to over heating but to my surprise some times this error comes up on the first start of the day.

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
Hi There,

I have the following setup.

1) AMD Athlon 64 venice 3000+ 939
2) Gigabyte K8N51GMF-9
3) Transcend 2x512MB DDR 400
4) 2x160GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 sata 3Gb/s hdd's
5) Kobian 300W cabinet (still using the old man)

I want to squeeze the most out of my box. I stay in Bangalore and I have 5000 rupees in hand to do the upgrade of CPU cooler, cabinet and PSU. Please suggest me good upgrades. Ankit infotech in SP road, bangalore offered ASUS heatsink for 1,100 rupees. is it worthy to go for it?

OP
john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
@ambandla
Try to get ZALMAN CNPS 7700-Cu or 9500 LED cooler and if u can search for Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro. These r the best cpu cooler available.
Zalman : *www.zalmanusa.com/
ARCTIC COOLING: *www.arctic-cooling.com/cpu2.php?idx=80&disc=

But not sure if u will get these in Bangalore, as few days ago my friend tried to locate these stuff for me, but was not able to find then in SP Road. Maybe u will get it in some place other than SP Road.

Finally I ordered it online from NEWEGG (Arctic Cooling) and my brother will be bring it by the end of this month.

As for cabinet and SMPS try to get from ZEBRONICS see their products here : *www.zebronics.net/home/index.asp (these should come under ur budget)

If u can increase ur budget then go for ANTEC chassis and PSU, they r the best. To see ANTEC product list see here: *www.antecindia.com/

For additional products try these:
1) Cooling: *www.theitdepot.com/categories.asp?cat=1155 (some COOLERMASTER CPU cooler r also available here)

2) Cabinet: *www.theitdepot.com/categories.asp?cat=1012

3) SMPS: *www.theitdepot.com/categories.asp?cat=1011

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
is zalman available in india ? i don't think so .. .

anyways cooler master is available here .. they have got few good cpu coolers ..

hyper 48
hyper 6+

also they are going to launch hyper 7 .. which is very good too.. all these are heatpipe based ones ..

if u can get from it outside from india then ..

thermaltake big typhoon vx
scythe ninja +
scythe mine
scythe infinity
zalman 9500 led
tuniq tower 120

out of these, i personally liked 9500 led .. because of no clearance issues and its weight , looks and performance is up their with these other beasts ..

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
Finally, I got hold of zebronics Geforce1 Cabinet. Excellent cabinet

1) 400W SMPS. Best thing is it give 20A out on 12V rail, which is exactly what I needed.
2) Has space for 3 Fans. (front, side and back).

3) comes with a duct and vent in the side door with a LED fan attached to it. This duct can be adjusted to alight it to the CPU heatsink.

4) Excellent air circulation.

5) All black cabinet with Front door (similar to the server class cabinets)

For more info, check *www.zebronics.net/home/geforce.asp.

(USB + Audio, CAG1.1 Compliant,
Duct +led fan + PCI Vent, side rotating shaft, locking door)

Though it's not as good as before Antec cabinets, This would be the best alternative to the basic cabinets for those who cannot afford antec cabinet.

Now, I overcloced my venice 3000+ (1.8 GHz) to 2.4GHz but was unstable in OCCT torture test. Stable speed attained when using stock heatsink is 2.2GHz.

Still waiting for the Cooletmaster copper heatsink. Nobody in bangalore was able to provide a copper heatsink. One guy offered me a vanilla aluminium cooler master heatsink for Rs.875. :-(

OP
john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Good that u got the zebronics cabby..........which hsf model have u selected.
And read guides for overclocking so that u cud o'c better........I am able o'c AMD64 3000+ venice from 1.8 GHz to 2.7GHz on stock cooling and stable. My mobo is ASUS A8N-E. Idle temps of 40C and max load temp of 52C. What r ur proccy temps?

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
Hi John,

I didn't remember the HSF model. Will get you the model number tomorrow. I installed one from Cooler Master. My mobo is Gigabyte K8N51GMF-9. OCCT and Prime95 gave error after running for 5-10 minutes when the processor was at 2.4GHz. MBM5 shows CPU temp as 0 and case temp at 47-50. Anything wrong with the temperature censors? BIOS shows a temp of 38-42 degree for CPU when I do a reboot after heavy load. I didn't understand why MBM5 didn't show the CPU temp.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
ambandla said:
Hi John,

I didn't remember the HSF model. Will get you the model number tomorrow. I installed one from Cooler Master. My mobo is Gigabyte K8N51GMF-9. OCCT and Prime95 gave error after running for 5-10 minutes when the processor was at 2.4GHz. MBM5 shows CPU temp as 0 and case temp at 47-50. Anything wrong with the temperature censors? BIOS shows a temp of 38-42 degree for CPU when I do a reboot after heavy load. I didn't understand why MBM5 didn't show the CPU temp.

------------------------------
use cooler master ultra vortex - 1600 rs here in mumbai .. i am using it for 3.2 prescott .. and its doing excellent job .. so it ought to do ur job cos nothing is like pentium 4 prescott .. go for it .

OP
john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Proccy temps looks fine.........u can also try Speedfan and see the temps.
Download speed fan from here: *www.almico.com/speedfan.php

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
Thanks John. Will try speedfan.

BTW, model numbers of HSF

Zebronics fan fitted to side panel: HSP8025SM
Coolermaster fan fitted at the back side: A8025-20CB-5BN-L1

Top Bottom