Overheating problems

niax

Right off the assembly line
the prob with my rig is that i cannot controll the chasis and cpu fan speed....

previously i had asus mother board and amd 3500+,i had it all under my control but noe with intel dg33 and e6750 i find it hard to controll the fan speed esp chasis fan...any suggestions??

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Thx!!!
may be ill try to buy the new processor.
But tell me is E2160 perfomance at stock higher than Pentium D 3Ghz.

For sure. Even if u feel that it won't perform similar to ur old D 3Ghz, u can overclock it to 3Ghz with same stock cooler, but i m sure that it will outperform ur old Pentium D.

kanu2k7

Livin my Dreams
Well allocated a budget for a new processor!
Tell me which one should I buy
E2160 or E4500
and their performance difference
also should i look towards E6550 is it worth buying as seeing that E2160 can be overclocked well or may be the E4500 also be overclocked??
well I would prefer a cheap and high performance processor.
Like if E6550 is 10% faster than E4500 so I would like to buy a E4500 as its cheap there is not much difference between them.
SO plz Help!
I know that its off topic in this thread, so I m sorry for that.
Please answer!

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
also should i look towards E6550 is it worth buying as seeing that E2160 can be overclocked well or may be the E4500 also be overclocked??
well I would prefer a cheap and high performance processor.
Like if E6550 is 10% faster than E4500 so I would like to buy a E4500 as its cheap there is not much difference between them.
SO plz Help!
I know that its off topic in this thread, so I m sorry for that.
Please answer!

If u want to overclock, then get the E4500. 2 MB cache will help & u will over clock anyway so cache difference from E6550 will be nullified.

kanu2k7

Livin my Dreams
do i need a 3rd party cooler for E2160 or E4500 OVERCLOCKED????
Or the stock cooler will work I plan to run my PC in LONDON in a few months i'll be shifting there, i'll be taking my PC with me. The climate there will be cooler than from INDIA. But still I have to keep the PC in the house there which would have a controlled temperature with the help of a centralized heater keep the room temperature to 26-30 C. So now i tell me what shoud i do go for a stock or a 3rd party cooler and also which one with estimate or exact price.
THX

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Depends on how much you want to overclock.For high overclocks, a better cooler is recommended.The stock cooler shipped these days is horrible.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^^^ i don't think so, the stock cooler for intel is made by cooler master OEM. For those who want a further silent PC like me can opt for Cooler Master Hyper L3.

Kanu, why don't u buy a PC from there.

kanu2k7

Livin my Dreams
Hey saurav i just wanted to ask that question?
well i wanted to know that isin't the PC would be cheap here then there in LONDON?

RexRazr

Broken In
hey guys...i don't know if i should post this question here or not...but i'm doing as it's an issue with an extra fan of my cabinet

the thing i want to know is this...if one of the pins (among the 4 pins) of the power supply socket doesn't fit on the psu's female socket for it...but the other 3 do...then will it run slower? or won't run at all?

thx

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Hey saurav i just wanted to ask that question?
well i wanted to know that isin't the PC would be cheap here then there in LONDON?

It's not about cheap. If you buy it here, then take it there then the shipping charges will nullify any difference in cost anyway.

My personal opinion is that u buy whatever PC u want from there. Yes it might be a bit costly but it will be same in cost when u buy from here & take it there.

Obviously Air plane won't carry it for u for free.

Why don't u buy a laptop instead?

hey guys...i don't know if i should post this question here or not...but i'm doing as it's an issue with an extra fan of my cabinet

the thing i want to know is this...if one of the pins (among the 4 pins) of the power supply socket doesn't fit on the psu's female socket for it...but the other 3 do...then will it run slower? or won't run at all?

thx

Either it will not run at all, & if it does it will run normally as it should.

Last edited:

fuzzz

Broken In
Hi
i had a few question related to heating problems
1) i have gathered that pentium 4 have a heating problem, but is it the same for Pentium D (dual core) 2.66 processors as well??

2) i have option for installing 3 fans in my cabinet
i) 120 mm at the rear
ii) 2x40 mm at the lower right corner (1 would face the bottom and 1 would face the front)
iii) There is a also some pipe like thing on the side panel just above the processor i think i can mount a 120/80mm fan below that contraption
what i would like to know is,what would be the best mode to keep each of these fans in(intake/exhaust)
thanks in advance

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
1. p4 doesnt have heating problem . it simply runs hot .. thats the way it was meant to be. the same if not worse with pentium D.

fuzzz

Broken In
Oh yeah thats wht i mean .. my bad for not getting the correct message across... wht about the second question :)

amitash

Intel OCer
rear fan:exaust
the 2 front fans:intake
side fan:exaust
sometimes the side fan reduces airflow in a case....like in my antec 900 the side fan hampered temps.

xyzsuhas

Right off the assembly line
My configuration is:
AMD x64 5200+ (2700 Mhz)
2 GB ram
nVidia Graphics Card 8600GT (silent pipe technology)
two hard disks

My CPU is reaching temperatures of upto 102' C, after which it shuts down. The place I bought it from say the cabinet is too cluttered & there's not sufficient space for ventilation. But opening the side panel does not help. Please advise

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
^ reinstall the heatsink with some good thermal paste, nothing else.
its due to improper contact of the proccy with the heatsink.otherwise for no good reason proccy will reach that temp..and do not try to run it until its fixed or u might fry ur proccy.

amitash

Intel OCer
no way can ur cpu reach tat high due to bad ventillation...reseat ur heatsink as nish higher said with good thermal paste,make sure all the screws on the heatsink are as tight as possible...use he right ammount of thermal paste...make sure the heatsink is applying good preassure on the procy

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
My Electric Stove

here's my card-
XFX 8600GTS electric stove :lol:
*img168.imageshack.us/img168/3812/00gi3.jpg

it always runs at 60 degrees no matter idle or load and if overclocked its 80 degrees of good cooking temp :| :-(

should i add a cooler ? should i send this card for replacement? is it normal with XFX cards?

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
^^ its running pretty cool . my 8600( ahem , replaced one ) idles at 60 and on load goes upto 78C .. i dont think OCing will give much performance boost , so i think u can forget OC on that card.

Top Bottom