Overclocked Phenom X6 1055t

Status
Not open for further replies.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
all those things make a very small difference in terms of temperature....I have undervolted my QX9650 so much that it runs at a lower voltage at load than at idle !

hahaha. now thats really cool. what is your present Vcore?

i should also join the Ocing race ??

don't. you got a OEM HSF. TX3 will go out butt kicking all the other AMD OCs here :grin:

Bro,

You know the AMD CnQ runs the CPU at 1.025V and multiplier @ 4X at almost all the time.
Yesterday i reduced the multiplier to 14. That makes it 2.8Ghz. But i didn't observe any temperature drop

i know. i know. thing is that Cool & Quite kicks in only when PC idle. what about load? Comp@ddict running his X4 620 at very close to 1V. at stock speed. this makes his proccy really really cool (stripping it of any OC potential though). so, if u not into OC, can try lower voltage till it runs stable. & still keep Cool & Quite on. so, you'll be having even lower power consuming (& cooler & hence silent) PC @ idle.

OP
saurabh_1e

saurabh_1e

teh tech saviour!
is oc'ing without touching voltages is less dangerous
what are the chances i will fry up my rig with oc'ing with touching the voltages and without touching the voltages.
i am thinking of oc'ing it to 3.8 - 4.0 ghz with a/c on full power so the temp will not be a problem . i will take out all the components and put them in front of the a/c .and then try oc'ing today with rahul .will post the pic's and a video.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
is oc'ing without touching voltages is less dangerous

usually. cause if u keep voltage at stock, before your proccy heat up, it'll start failing. if u push your X6 to 3.8Ghz at stock, you'll most probably get BSOD error or your PC crash while booting into windows. reason is not heat but cause to get 3.8Ghz your proccy need more power. stock voltage not enough. so its mostly risk free, if u keep an eye on temperature.

what are the chances i will fry up my rig with oc'ing with touching the voltages and without touching the voltages.

very very less. just keep temperature under control.

i am thinking of oc'ing it to 3.8 - 4.0 ghz with a/c on full power so the temp will not be a problem . i will take out all the components and put them in front of the a/c .and then try oc'ing today with rahul .will post the pic's and a video.

i don't think its possible. 3.8Ghz too much. forget 4Ghz. it'll need tweaking voltage. AMD proccy can easily withstand 1.5V+ voltage (by this time you'll get a black pice of silicon if u do same with Intel :grin:) but will need gool cooler. Stock cooler got no chance still all the best mate. hope your proccy don't succumb to your torture :grin:

OP
saurabh_1e

saurabh_1e

teh tech saviour!
then 3.6 ghz only without touching the voltages and will get a cm n520 as soon as a i gt good marks in exam and few thousand bucks .

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

just a little afraid to do all these just praying it shud not fry up.
and what about igpu overclocking it to 900mhz also won't fry up my mobo na

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
then 3.6 ghz only without touching the voltages and will get a cm n520 as soon as a i gt good marks in exam and few thousand bucks .

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

just a little afraid to do all these just praying it shud not fry up.
and what about igpu overclocking it to 900mhz also won't fry up my mobo na

same ques here(mine 2)....

should i touch the voltages to get to 3.7 mark????

rite now stability test going on at 3.55 ghz.... my cpu is put rite in front of my cooler.... :-D

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

stability test results at 3.56 ghz:-

max temp-57'C
min temp-43'C

me thinking of keeping cpu at this speed until i get cm hyper n520....

OP
saurabh_1e

saurabh_1e

teh tech saviour!
my vcore is 1.425v max is it fine or it should be around 1.225v

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

should i set it 1.35 with aod

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Hey guys, seeing so many people tweaking their cpus :smile:, i am thinking of overclocking my 1 month old proccy and gpu(msi-790gx).... but the problem is i dont have an oem hsf and nor do i have the required VITAMINE-M to get a good one like cooler master hyper n520(i recently brought nokia 5230 with whatever bucks i had)....

i am pressurizing on oem hsf cauz my proccy runs at 42'C-44"C(idle) and shoots upto 52"C at full load.... my room temp is around 35'C and i dont have an AC in my room....

so guys, pour in some suggestions for me....

how far can i take my proccy at default stock voltage in the present scenario????

//offtopic//

You can hit 3.8GHz without any issues, just by increasing the multiplier at stock voltage..

But I suggest that since u dont need the extra juice, why don't u undervolt??? U can start by hitting 1.175V at 3.2GHz itself, and see the lowered temps, and also u'll be cutting back on power consumption by a LOT!!!

pulsar_swift

Youngling
I need more info on undervolting. I tried it yesterday. Didnt work for me. By they way CM hyper N520 doesnt fit on AM3 socket. We have only 3 options.
1. CM Hyper TX3
2. CM Hyper 212 Plus
3.CM Hyper N620

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
I need more info on undervolting. I tried it yesterday. Didnt work for me. By they way CM hyper N520 doesnt fit on AM3 socket. We have only 3 options.
1. CM Hyper TX3
2. CM Hyper 212 Plus
3.CM Hyper N620

are you sure???????

:hissyfit::wah::aaargh:

then could you please tell me the price of all the 3 that you have mentioned....:-|:-|

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
1. 1200-1400.
2. 2k. give take a 100bucks.
3. ???
4. Scythe Katana 3. 1400. fall in same range as TX3. but can compete with Hyper 212.

pulsar_swift

Youngling
I strongly recommend Hyper 212 Plus. Its selling at 1850 on primeabgb . Its available on mediahome.in also
Anyone strongly fixed on Hyper TX3, let me know.I will give you mine and i will upgrade to Hyper 212 plus.
Scythe Katana 3 is also good. But i am not sure if we get the mountings for AM3 socket

pulsar_swift

Youngling
I purchased @ Rs 1150 + Rs 150 shipping + Rs 80 OCTROI tax. = Rs 1380.
Why do you want mine ? mediahome selling new one at Rs 1150 as you are from DELHI shipping should cost Rs 50. Total landed cost Rs 1200.

OP
saurabh_1e

saurabh_1e

teh tech saviour!
i don't want yours hyper tx 3
i thought you were selling it so i just wanted to inquire about the prices

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
Oc'd my rig to 3.5 GHz and took some benchmarks....

last time cool n quite was enabled.... this time it was disabled....

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
overclocked in this position(pic).... by keeping it just beside my cooler....:)

and can anyone tell me how to do some good wire management???? :-|

pulsar_swift

Youngling
bro, you changed the settings in BIOS or amd overdrive ? Nice OC i think you should touch 3.6Ghz stable

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

overclocked in this position(pic).... by keeping it just beside my cooler....:)

and can anyone tell me how to do some good wire management???? :-|

Ok remove all wires and identify which all wires you need to connect. Bundle the free wires together and push them in the space below the DVD writer. Reduce the length of the wire hanging outside by pushing the extra length in the space below the DVD writer. You also did the same mistake like. We both bought FULL ATX MOBOS and Elite 310 doesnt have much space left :|

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
I'm hitting 1.15V on my X4 620...

My HD5850 is running at 1.049V instead of 1.088V... immediate gain, 7C lower temp on CRYSIS @ 50% fan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom