Opinion column: Why doth thou ignore Asia, O mighty Apple?

Would you buy Apple products if they...

• ... stayed just the way they are today?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
@Dr: The Macbook Pro and most other laptops don't come in 800Mhz Memory. The santa rosa platform runs at 800Mhz FSB but it's memory is still 667Mhz. Not sure what the technicalities are, but that's the way it is.

@Choto: No matter what kind of config you get, the trackpad still sucks, the display is sub par, the keyboard is clunky, and last but certainly not the least, it runs Windows (No I don't think Linux is a viable alternative for business use).

And that remote is certainly cramped. Why 18 buttons when six are enough? The Apple remote is an amazingly designed one where you just never ever have to doubt which button you are about to press...

I'd pay 40k extra just to use OS X the way it is meant to be. But I guess from now on I'll import it from the US.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i am waiting for a black carbon finish mbp then i will definitely run windows 7 on it

@goobster: the display on the new hp range is gloss finish and there by not "sub-standard"

goobimama

 Macboy
Gloss finish doesn't mean the end of the world. The quality of the coating, the colours, viewing angles, pixel density, all that counts. And HP displays (at least the one I saw just yesterday) look really washed out.

praka123

left this forum longback
Apple products(esp mac) are for Lakshathipathis :D;not for middle class :roll: and even ipod is inclusive.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Gloss finish doesn't mean the end of the world. The quality of the coating, the colours, viewing angles, pixel density, all that counts. And HP displays (at least the one I saw just yesterday) look really washed out.
well they look better than the ones iv seen before and on other lappys ... havnt placed a mac and a hp side by side so cant really compare but the display is great ... much better than the 1s on earlier and other lappys. washed out :?: may be its time i get my eyes checked :rolleyes:

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Glossy displays look shinier, but matte displays are definitely better.

It's a shame though that Apple is phasing them out. :(

(My MacBook Pro does have a matte display though and I couldn't be happier.)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
See Apple Remote wrt HP/Dell remote: (Image courtesy: Aayush)

*img164.imageshack.us/img164/7140/dsc00003ra5.jpg

So both are not quite exact, some thing more sone thing less, but this config comes at Rs. 67k all here at Kolkata

if you compare with some HP product, once again may be some thing more or some thing less be there but price comes at 65 to 70k at max
I know Apple is expensive, just asked for my info.

I agreed with all statemet regarding the software i am not arguing there :p, but oever all, 10 to 15k is the max what would be justified na :( here one would be in need to pay 40k for extra :(
If you buy from the USA, the difference is around Rs 10k. :D

iMav said:
i am waiting for a black carbon finish mbp
Both my Dell and MBP is glossy finish and I like it that way.Glossy display makes graphics, photos, and videos appear with richer color and deeper blacks.

For multimedia and home usage, Glossy is perfect. If I'm going to my lappy in office, then matte.

iMav said:
i will definitely run windows 7 on it
Lol why buy a Mac? If you like good design, then buy Sony Vaio. If I had not bought MBP, I would have got this Sony Vaio lappy. :cool:

iMav said:
the display on the new hp range is gloss finish and there by not "sub-standard"
Ha! You should see the LED backlit screens and then comment. Seriously looks gorgeous.

I've seen almost all the lappy brands. I like Apple and Sony only. Sony also has good quality hardware, atleast better than other brands.

[Offtopic]
In my office at Dubai:

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2034/2216868368_842047e5de.jpg

Around Gadgets - 4 Laptops, Laser Printer, 250 GB HDD, and all that jazz! The extreme right lappy was my Dell. Note that the other lappies were my colleagues, not mine. :D

enticer86

Stay Silent!
seems funny statement but when at the ned of the month we see the damage we understand :( people here in my place is destructive...

so it may seem funy to u, but really a big problem with us :(

Ouch.. sorry boss... which place are u talking abt bhai??

Any why are u so obsessed with smilies? :rolleyes:

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
@drgrudge,
The "lappies" were your colleagues? Dude, you gotta find some live people. I can understand that you love technology but honestly, you're crossing a line here. :lol:

That picture reminded me that all the other kids here are not actually kids. :p

drgrudge

@drgrudge,
The "lappies" were your colleagues? Dude, you gotta find some live people. I can understand that you love technology but honestly, you're crossing a line here. :lol:

That picture reminded me that all the other kids here are not actually kids. :p
The lappies are just for posing purpose. I'm no different from any other people. :D We watch movies, browsing and game in 'free time' (which is 50% of the time :twisted:). The office room houses 4 people inc. myself. So one day just took the lappies and posed.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@drgrudge

Nice Pic Man... U rock :lol:

anyway we are discussing apple and India :p from US a lot of things are cheap, so count that out of buying from USA :p

discussion is about Apple - India - What would be done to boost their sale for Asia :lol:

So what is the price u feel is justifeid in India ??

I gave my verdict, if same hardware is at Rs. 67k from Dell / Hp... I would say extra max at 15k is justifed for 15" MacBoo Pro...

now please comment... what do u feel ?? how much extra is justified :) while in present its Rs. 40k is extra :(

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
as i said i comment on a comparison but as u also agree gloss finish does enrich the display and thy aint "sub-standard" backlit led is above standard ;)

PS: my hp remote looks better:

full black and the green colored WMC button ...

*img217.imageshack.us/img217/9787/dscn2312gl8.jpg

also presonally i hate sony's vaio - too costly for the performance and id prefer a glowing apple at the back than a vaio ;)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
This question is for Arya and Goobi too :)

please do comment :)

I gave my verdict, if same hardware is at Rs. 67k from Dell / Hp... I would say extra max at 15k is justifed for 15" MacBoo Pro...

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Ugghh! Why did you have to do that, iMav? I know we aren't exactly the best of friends but what did I do to deserve this!! :(

Would you guys please post seven more replies fast? Get us off this page. EWW!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Ugghh! Why did you have to do that, iMav? I know we aren't exactly the best of friends but what did I do to deserve this!! :(

Would you guys please post seven more replies fast? Get us off this page. EWW!
o cmon it aint that ugly .... its got more features than the apple remote :D see for urself ... so many buttons :D

drgrudge

now please comment... what do u feel ?? how much extra is justified :) while in present its Rs. 40k is extra :(
No, it's not. It's expensive. I would never buy as I can't afford that much moolah.

iMav -
HP remote is better than Dell atleast. :p Regarding screen, you need to see this LED backlit thing before you comment.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
iMav -
Regarding screen, you need to see this LED backlit thing before you comment.
sorry a typo in the previous post, what it shudv been:
as i said i will not comment on a comparison but as u also agree gloss finish does enrich the display and that aint "sub-standard"; backlit led is above standard :wink:

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
I D'd (twitter) the article's link to @Brajeshwar on via Snitter, he liked the article and went ahead and posted it to digg.
Indians can buy a car for the price of a MacBook Air

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
WOW! I love the guy. His stories are even featured on Diggnation sometimes (not implying that mine will be). :)

goobimama

 Macboy
In India, the iMac and Mac mini and macbook are not expensive. They are priced just so. The Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, and the Mac Pro are really expensive. And all other apple accessories are expensive (Airport extreme for 11k instead of $180)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom