OnePlus 5T, or wait for 6?

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Don't buy those overpriced ones. There are plethora of good options available at lower prices.
As for call recording, it is present in custom roms. Not sure why you'd keep yourself restricted to OOS.
My colleagues got those phones, not me. Not everyone has the time or expertise for custom roms. Why block certain apps to work well in an os is the million dollar question?

Hrishi

OP makes good phones but their marketing and strategies have come a long way from being community friendly to what can be called Greedy.
Its business and profits, so can't blame them for that plus they certainly have a tag line of Don't settle :evillaugh:

Although they are probably amongst the few phone makers that give
->Amoled display 6"+
->3000+Mah battery with one of the fastest charging
->Excellent Dev community
->Very good build quality
->High end SoC and Camera

I don't see anyone else giving this combo ~30k. The only disappointment with OP is that they have the habit of forgetting about their older models for the sake of profits on new model, pretty much like other manufacturers...... And (2) the lack of SD Cards. [**** then for this].
]
Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Minion

Conversation Architect
I don't see any other company providing good developer support,flagship SOC and AMOLED display for 35k I personally don't trust OP but apart from moto who else provides these in 35k and after lenovo acquired moto has gone down the drain there is no more regular updates from them and they are ignoring 1 year old devices

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I don't see any other company providing good developer support,flagship SOC and AMOLED display for 35k I personally don't trust OP but apart from moto who else provides these in 35k and after lenovo acquired moto has gone down the drain there is no more regular updates from them and they are ignoring 1 year old devices

I think fist bold part is the reason why most of the people fall for op phones. I read somewhere that they are able to provide those things in that price range because their per phone cost is way way too less. They manufactured dash chargers in bulk and the same continued atleast till 5t, charging wire too short, no earphones, cheap quality paint/outer components. Their profit margins are very very high, just take a look at the price of the accessories. There's a channel SharmaJi Technical, the guy posted a video wherein the price of replacing the screen and mobo was quoted more the price of the phone itself by the authorized service centre. Moreover faking benchmark tests, restricting apps to work properly just sucks.
The second bold part is also so true. They even call 6 months old devices as old stuff. op is following the same trend.
Op phones till 5t didn't had any official treble support. But devs took care of it. There are some great minds at xda and they have made every smartphone maker their biatch.
There's a famous hindi saying, "Mehenga roye 1 bar, sasta roye baar baar" that is so true when it comes to atleast these flagship smartphones.

Minion

Conversation Architect
I think fist bold part is the reason why most of the people fall for op phones. I read somewhere that they are able to provide those things in that price range because their per phone cost is way way too less. They manufactured dash chargers in bulk and the same continued atleast till 5t, charging wire too short, no earphones, cheap quality paint/outer components. Their profit margins are very very high, just take a look at the price of the accessories. There's a channel SharmaJi Technical, the guy posted a video wherein the price of replacing the screen and mobo was quoted more the price of the phone itself by the authorized service centre. Moreover faking benchmark tests, restricting apps to work properly just sucks.
The second bold part is also so true. They even call 6 months old devices as old stuff. op is following the same trend.
Op phones till 5t didn't had any official treble support. But devs took care of it. There are some great minds at xda and they have made every smartphone maker their biatch.
There's a famous hindi saying, "Mehenga roye 1 bar, sasta roye baar baar" that is so true when it comes to atleast these flagship smartphones.

Even Apple and Samsung does the same iPhone X is 370$ to manufacture while they charge 1000$ while Samsung mid range are very pricey around 30k also Samsung charges too much for servicing .
About bulk manufacturing,Its the reason why we are getting phones at buy able rates to produce a single phone is way costlier than producing them in bulk.I can agree about OP service but you can't always get everything unless you spend upwards of 50k for true flagship and good developer support is the main reason why OP devices are selling.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Even Apple and Samsung does the same iPhone X is 370$ to manufacture while they charge 1000$ while Samsung mid range are very pricey around 30k also Samsung charges too much for servicing .
About bulk manufacturing,Its the reason why we are getting phones at buy able rates to produce a single phone is way costlier than producing them in bulk.I can agree about OP service but you can't always get everything unless you spend upwards of 50k for true flagship and good developer support is the main reason why OP devices are selling.
I know about those companies. But op's profit margin is the highest, I will share the article once I have access to a PC.

I know about those companies. But op's profit margin is the highest, I will share the article once I have access to a PC.
No company comes close to Apple in terms of profits
No Surprise That Apple's iPhone Dominates Smartphone Profits

I seriously doubt OP's per phone profit will be close to even Samsung, forget Apple.

Walkley’s figures show how successful Apple has been in dominating the smartphone profit landscape .

• 2013: 62% of Operating Profit Value Share
  • 2014: 77%
  • 2015: 90% (iPhone 6 was launched in September 2014)
  • 2016: 83%
  • 2017 March quarter: 84%
  • 2017 June quarter: 68%
  • 2017 September quarter: 72%
  • 2017 December quarter: 87%
  • 2017: 79%

That's 79% of profits of whole smartphone industry.

mitraark

Decrepit
"The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people."

A bit too dramatic for the context maybe, but I wanted to put it out here nonetheless.

Many people might be influenced and get misled by the rant in the comments above. Sometimes 1 bad review dampens the impression for thousands of potential buyers even though hundreds, thousands of customers who are satisfied with the product remain aloof from penning down a review.

OnePlus makes great phones, at great prices. It has become a staple for the tech savvy crowd, which is no mean feat with the likes of Samsung and Apple fighting their own battles for the top spot. Please check other threads and forums to get counter-opinions about the company and it's products, and then decide. All the best.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I am fine with what OP is offering at those great prices. But I am greately disappointed by the 'T' version they release after fixing the issues. Its makes a bad impression on the buyers.
when OP5 came, it didnt have 18:9 screen, camera had some issue, screen had issue. They fixed it all in OP5T at same price just 3 months after OP5. Why should I get those bugs in the first place, not tested properly? else they should just release 2 phones a year OP6 and OP7 this year.

sujoyp

Grand Master
So OP6 is here...what you guys say.

I am slightly disappointed with useless secondry camera...no zoom, no wideangle,no b&w then why have it.

I am anyways going to have it this week as my wife is bigg fan of One plus..

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
So OP6 is here...what you guys say.

I am slightly disappointed with useless secondry camera...no zoom, no wideangle,no b&w then why have it.

I am anyways going to have it this week as my wife is bigg fan of One plus..
OP6 is what OP5T should've been. I'm using OP3 but I don't think of OP6 as a major upgrade considering the price. Hate the notch and low battery capacity. When Asus, Nokia and Xiaomi can have 4k+ mAh batteries, Oneplus not bumping theirs up to 6-10k mAh is disappointing (don't care about the phone being 1-2 cm thick).

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Sujoy a friend of mine is using the 5t since the past 2-3 months. Let me tell you few things before you go for the same. The os is full of bugs. Many softwares are restricted by the os and hence do not work. About the camera, many other brands offer a much better camera and an IP rating in that range. I would suggest you to go for the S8+ in this range, show your wife the qwhd screen of Sammy and she will reject the op. Moreover once they release the T version after few months, your phone won't get its bug fixes.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Hmm i will put the words in her ears...let the fan vs logic war begains

Sent from my LG-G6 using Tapatalk

sujoyp

Grand Master
ok so I managed to change her mind...now what do you suggest under 50k within a week or max 30th may.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
ok so I managed to change her mind...now what do you suggest under 50k within a week or max 30th may.
S8/S8+ check Samsung's official site, tons of offers going on. Also check rates from the market. Congratulations in advance. BTW note 8 is around 52k in the market after discounts.

sujoyp

Grand Master
S8 s8plus are bit too old..i was thinking of lgv30 but saw lg v30s comming very soon.

Is the lg thinq worth waiting

Sent from my LG-G6 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom