OnePlus 5T, or wait for 6?

billubakra

Conversation Architect
S8 s8plus are bit too old..i was thinking of lgv30 but saw lg v30s comming very soon.

Is the lg thinq worth waiting

Sent from my LG-G6 using Tapatalk
That notch+skin, please avoid. I would again suggest those two as I did in the last post, wait for goku or anupam to chip in.

So OP6 is here...what you guys say.

I am slightly disappointed with useless secondry camera...no zoom, no wideangle,no b&w then why have it.

I am anyways going to have it this week as my wife is bigg fan of One plus..

OP 5T also had similar secondary camera. Only OP5 had zoom lens. I would say OP6 is a good all rounder at 35k.

ok so I managed to change her mind...now what do you suggest under 50k within a week or max 30th may.
I would suggest S8 at 40k, check locally. A friend of mine bought S9+ for 55k locally.

S8 s8plus are bit too old..i was thinking of lgv30 but saw lg v30s comming very soon.

Is the lg thinq worth waiting

V30 Thin Q is V30 with AI additions. Normal V30 got that update as a software update.

I won't recommend LG V30 for a girl because it has inferior selfie camera compared to all other phones in that price range (except maybe Apple ones). 5MP front cam was a poor decision by LG. Although its rear camera is inferior to S8/Note 8 as well.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I would suggest S8 at 40k, check locally. A friend of mine bought S9+ for 55k locally.

V30 Thin Q is V30 with AI additions. Normal V30 got that update as a software update.

I won't recommend LG V30 for a girl because it has inferior selfie camera compared to all other phones in that price range (except maybe Apple ones). 5MP front cam was a poor decision by LG. Although its rear camera is inferior to S8/Note 8 as well.
S8+ 46 in local market after discount.
Vineet here also got the s9+ around the same price that you have mentioned.

Last edited:

justgothere

Broken In
Just ordered the OP6. Scheduled to be delivered today. The buyback for my OP3 was about 8.3 k which made the 128 GB + 8GB version 31k and change , plus the SBI 2k buyback made it around 29 k , hence took the plunge. Hoping that the decision goes well for me. One question , do I need to return the charger alongside the OP3 or would they accept an aftermarket charger ?TIA

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Just ordered the OP6. Scheduled to be delivered today. The buyback for my OP3 was about 8.3 k which made the 128 GB + 8GB version 31k and change , plus the SBI 2k buyback made it around 29 k , hence took the plunge. Hoping that the decision goes well for me. One question , do I need to return the charger alongside the OP3 or would they accept an aftermarket charger ?TIA
8k is too low for OP3. No need to give any accessory with the phone. Keep the dash charger with you as it costs ~2k.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Congrats! do post a review once u receive :)

justgothere

Broken In
Congrats! do post a review once u receive :)
Just delivered , getting it set up. They have supplied a transparent plasticky back cover ( greyish and hopefully that wouldn't turn yellow as these type of covers usually do ). The question is why , is the glassy back not enough robust ? Yes , will post my user experience , though I'm very basic kind of user I'm afraid.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Just delivered , getting it set up. They have supplied a transparent plasticky back cover ( greyish and hopefully that wouldn't turn yellow as these type of covers usually do ). The question is why , is the glassy back not enough robust ? Yes , will post my user experience , though I'm very basic kind of user I'm afraid.

Post some photos from your basic pov so that sujoy can make a final call.

billubakra

Conversation Architect

Sujoy watch it+tons of bugs are in this phone like paint effect camera, low speaker sound. Some members are even complaining about the loss of VOLTE in both Sims. 1 more thing about 2 months back reviewers who were saying that 5t is a beast with the best camera in the segment, are now saying that it's subpar and the 6 is a powerhouse lol. After 4 months they will say the same for the 6t. Now I know how op's sales is increasing.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Yes you are correct..even i am not too satisfied with camera setup..its just another jack of all master of none phone..wannabe topend.

justgothere

Broken In
Hello guys. Just sharing the user-experience in most incoherent and useless manner. As I have stated earlier that my needs are modest, usual calling , texting , a bit of social-networking , lot of Netflix and Prime video with headphone and quite minimal usage of camera. My impressions are that of a basic user who have upgraded from OP3 and NEEDS a two sim phone which is fast and smooth.
Let me rant :

1. The box contains the phone , few booklets , a charger , one grey back cover and a pin to unlock the sim-tray , all very much in line of the OP3 except the back cover.
  2. You immediately notice that the phone is bigger and heavier , perceptibly so. Gone are the sharp ages and you often need two hands to use it , my palms are big but still it's a stretch.
  3. The phone is fast , setting up is breeze , Face and fingerprint set up is easy and both are working fine . Face recognition is fast and working ok except in pitch darkness , perhaps that's expected.
  4. One noticeable improvement is wifi , it is working at a farther distance from the home router than the OP3. It seems that calling has become faster too. Sound is ok while calling , nothing to complain about.
  5. The screen is easy on the eye. The default color rendition didn't feel right so I have tweaked a bit and now it's ok.
  6. All the apps are working fine so far.
  7. Yet to use the camera.
  8. Having said all this , I must say the I could have easily lived with the OP3 and perhaps could have saved 30K in the process. At least for me not worth the spend so far.
Hope I haven't bored you all to death. One screenshot of the desktop , where my favourite bird looks at me from a new perch

adios
Screenshot_20180523-085506.jpg

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hello guys. Just sharing the user-experience in most incoherent and useless manner. As I have stated earlier that my needs are modest, usual calling , texting , a bit of social-networking , lot of Netflix and Prime video with headphone and quite minimal usage of camera. My impressions are that of a basic user who have upgraded from OP3 and NEEDS a two sim phone which is fast and smooth.
Let me rant :

1. The box contains the phone , few booklets , a charger , one grey back cover and a pin to unlock the sim-tray , all very much in line of the OP3 except the back cover.
  2. You immediately notice that the phone is bigger and heavier , perceptibly so. Gone are the sharp ages and you often need two hands to use it , my palms are big but still it's a stretch.
  3. The phone is fast , setting up is breeze , Face and fingerprint set up is easy and both are working fine . Face recognition is fast and working ok except in pitch darkness , perhaps that's expected.
  4. One noticeable improvement is wifi , it is working at a farther distance from the home router than the OP3. It seems that calling has become faster too. Sound is ok while calling , nothing to complain about.
  5. The screen is easy on the eye. The default color rendition didn't feel right so I have tweaked a bit and now it's ok.
  6. All the apps are working fine so far.
  7. Yet to use the camera.
  8. Having said all this , I must say the I could have easily lived with the OP3 and perhaps could have saved 30K in the process. At least for me not worth the spend so far.
Hope I haven't bored you all to death. One screenshot of the desktop , where my favourite bird looks at me from a new perch

adios View attachment 17438
You forgot to mention about the notch ha ha. The phone is good if someone's upgrading from a op phone but if you have used the Samsung Experience and a Galaxy, you will hate this trash. 8gigs of Ram is a gimmick. 4 or max 6 does the job just fine.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Yes you are correct..even i am not too satisfied with camera setup..its just another jack of all master of none phone..wannabe topend.

They will "fix" the camera in the 6t.
Get a S9+, it has the highest dxo score, I am ignoring that triple camera huawei phone because of the notch and skin.

Minion

Conversation Architect
They will "fix" the camera in the 6t.
Get a S9+, it has the highest dxo score, I am ignoring that triple camera huawei phone because of the notch and skin.
There is a huge price difference between S9+ & OP6.Slow updates and less or non existent developer support are a problem for Samsung phones

Top Bottom