OnePlus 5T, or wait for 6?

billubakra

Conversation Architect
There is a huge price difference between S9+ & OP6.Slow updates and less or non existent developer support are a problem for Samsung phones
8gb+128gb op is 40k, not sure someone recheck the price. Samsung s9+ is 64gb+6gb 52k after offers. For the additional price you are getting that state of the art display, vr, dolby speakers, those great headphones, sd card support, awesome camera and many more features. Op's camera=Asus zenfone camera which costs 10k.
Yes op gives more updates than Samsung but it is full of bugs, those updates are more or less of the security patches, which as per Google should be updated every month but no oem except Nokia is doing that at the moment. My friends 5t is on 1st April patch which was released with Oreo update. 1 more reason for "slow" Samsung updates is because they have to test the os at multiple levels before releasing the same to millions of users. Google hotspost, paint chipping issue, software blocking, memory consumed by others issues with op. These are just some of the issues. Op is successful thanks to its marketing strategies+the reviewers on yt.
About developer support, I don't think most users use custom roms and for those who do check xda tons of developer support is there.
Once you use the Samsung Experience, you will hate the stock Android.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I like Samsung S series phones even the Camera of S7 is excellent. But the only issue is their exaggerated price mark.
Which keeps most of the mid-segment buyers at bay.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks for all the advice but I had to go against the advices . sometimes we need to just get things someone wants on birthday rather then analysing the logic behind it :p
I really wanted to check other options but ...I ordered :D

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Thanks for all the advice but I had to go against the advices . sometimes we need to just get things someone wants on birthday rather then analysing the logic behind it
You should have told us earlier that it's her birthday lol. A women needs something on her birthday, no one can change her mind ha ha.
Congrats brother, wish her a very happy birthday.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks ..phone was delivered yesterday evening..feels big in hand ..screen not better then g6..camera is better then g6..but no wide or zoom...speaker is not too loud..front cam is good.

Any questions?

Sent from my LG-G6 using Tapatalk

Thanks ..phone was delivered yesterday evening..feels big in hand ..screen not better then g6..camera is better then g6..but no wide or zoom...speaker is not too loud..front cam is good.

Any questions?

If the camera is better than G6, then it's a good one. A friend of mine ordered one as well, will compare it against my S8 soon.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Thanks for all the advice but I had to go against the advices . sometimes we need to just get things someone wants on birthday rather then analysing the logic behind it :p
Congrats! pics please

sujoyp

Grand Master
oh and forgot to mention...what ever good it looked is negated by its poor quality of cover provided.

sujoyp

Grand Master
out of the softtoys pics top is from G6 and bottom from OP6

*farm1.staticflickr.com/976/41604033814_a46f0c8d47_c.jpgOP6 (2) by Sujoy Packrasy, on Flickr

sujoyp

Grand Master
Really..but one plus continuously release patches..donno if its already fixed..we got a 600 mb update next day.
You are the lucky one I guess. Tons of users are reporting the same on XDA. Seems that it will be fixed in the 6t ha ha.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Really..but one plus continuously release patches..donno if its already fixed..we got a 600 mb update next day.

Not fixed, as of now it is hardware fault. One of the op reps said that early adopters should be ready for these kinda issues lol

Top Bottom