Offtopic: Forum Problem. everyone please join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Guys this is an offtopic but a very important discussion that i want to bring forward today. since yesterday asigh is facing a strage issue. he can't post msg. if he tries, all he gets is a "msg too short. please increase character length beyong 10ch" or something like this. i not creating this thread on asigh's behalf but cause more problem have been coming up in this year. firstly, increasing number of database errors. secondly if you look at thread, you'll see that new posts have been made but when entering, it'll show posts done much earlier. also the whos online list have vanished from the subsections. hardly any mods online since past few days. also the number of spammers & bots have increased so much, heres now more bots than members online.

i not know what the Digit management will do on these issues & also about me for bringing up these issues on broad daylight, but its something that needs to be taken care of soon rather than waiting for the rest of the handful members to leave also.

thanks anyone & everyone who was interested enough on entering this thread & having a look at the content. thanks again guys.

PS: asigh already told he leaving this forum cause his issue hasn't been addressed yet. even after more than 24hrs. you can understand how it feels to be a regular member since several years & suddenly kind of banned or stipped of the right to post.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
i want to help in whichever way i can!
just tell me what to do.

yes, i am seeing more and more spam activity of late
have reported at least 7 of them past week.

it is quite regrettable to have no quality control of sorts..
techenclave has a very good moderator presence and no spam at all

digit should try to better it....

as i've said
i'm willing to help in any way i can!!

pulsar_swift

Youngling
I am facing this message too short problem since 3 days. It is only faced when using quick reply. When we click on POST REPLY button and then type it works

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ thanks for your support guys. well a new entry. mavihs facing same problem. so do rhitwick, Kalpik (mod). guys this forum need a refreshment. a serious one. and soon.

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

so guys no use PMing or blaming Mods. they helpless as us memebers. just need wait till everything back n track (or will it be ever?).

but 1 thing surely, this problem doesn't get solved soon. many brilliant minds going leave. & this going hurt Digit big time.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Ok, Am trying the POST REPLY trick. If you can read this it works....!

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

Thanks Sam, for starting this. TDF has become far too buggy. It needs proper maintenance. So many DB errors, time outs, not being able to quick reply. More over, it has become a drag to post on TDF. Each time I make a post, I copy it to the clip-board, never know how TDF might react.

What surprises me the most. TDF is the digital mouth piece of India number one computer magazine. The daily audience level here is immense. Still the forum is loosing its quality and standards. Sad.

Now to copy this to the clipboard, and submit.

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

This is damn pissing off.

Just wrote 5 posts, and forgot to use the reply button. Now all vanished, and am stuck with that stupid 10 character message.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
test post ksdhgk jsdgjd jsdgjs klhsg khsgasgh

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

hell quick reply is not working......

good news is that I can at least post now.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Guys, this wasn't expected from experts like you. Yes it's a bug, but the solution is very simple. I faced this problem and quickly found the solution. Just click on the A/A button on the top right of the quick reply box, will solve the problem. the WYSIWYG thing is not working

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Thanks Sam, for starting this. TDF has become far too buggy. It needs proper maintenance. So many DB errors, time outs, not being able to quick reply. More over, it has become a drag to post on TDF. Each time I make a post, I copy it to the clip-board, never know how TDF might react.

What surprises me the most. TDF is the digital mouth piece of India number one computer magazine. The daily audience level here is immense. Still the forum is loosing its quality and standards. Sad.

Now to copy this to the clipboard, and submit.

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

This is damn pissing off.

Just wrote 5 posts, and forgot to use the reply button. Now all vanished, and am stuck with that stupid 10 character message.

welcome asigh. i use that copy paste thing a lot. & it usually occurs when tying long posts or an explanation. real pain to type the whole thing again & post.

Raaabo was fiddling around some days back :razz:

yes. he was here. not sure what hidden features he turned on.

Patience and hope. That is all we have. Kind of like our government.

needs some kind of politician here. "ThinkDigit Assembly".

Guys, this wasn't expected from experts like you. Yes it's a bug, but the solution is very simple. I faced this problem and quickly found the solution. Just click on the A/A button on the top right of the quick reply box, will solve the problem. the WYSIWYG thing is not working

still it isn't a way to post. clicking on A/A again & again. a newbie here will come >> try post >> that annoying msg :x >> pass some bad words here & leave forever.even for members remembering to click A/A each & everytime isn't a easy thing.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
well this is the fourth time i am trying to post something!!!
if someone salvages this message from the deep vestiges of a bloated database in cyberspace,
know that there was a man called sourav who didn't give up even after posting
3 dud messages in a row!! :-D:p

i am trying the "post reply" option workaround,duly credited to PULSAR:smile:

guys, i think its time digit had undergone a full makeover,
opening a thread takes 15 sec in my pc,:shock:
whereas it's always under 3 sec for TE and CHIP and ERODOV!!!:|

i think DIGIT could do better with stricter and more vigilant moderation,
a la Tech Enclave anyone?
where new users are continually scanned by moderators to avoid spam!!!

p.s.
but there is one thing in digit which makes me come back even after the problems
the people here are close knit and always willing to help each other out!
one big happy cyber family!!

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Patience and hope. That is all we have. Kind of like our government.
yeah that's what we need to keep this beautiful forum going!!
btw,
thanks asigh for your advice in TE:smile:

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
p.s.
but there is one thing in digit which makes me come back even after the problems
the people here are close knit and always willing to help each other out!
one big happy cyber family!!

this only reason i registered in many forums but visit only TDF

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
From my > 4 years experience with this forum, NOTHING IS GONNA CHANGE! Mind you people... :|

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Well I am not going to use this work around. No offense to the person who discovered it. WHY...?

Because I do not have so much time. Quick reply is what works the best. Am so busy with office and work --- that it is clearly a pain to use that post reply button. Not boasting, but I post quite a lot. I usually write my posts back-2-back, and then submit within 30s intervals, while typing more. So I cycle through 7-8 posts/read within 2-3 minutes.

When TDF corrects this mechanism, someone update this thread. Will view this thread only. To bad for the members of this forum, who have to live up to such old age techniques.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
hmm I think we really need to "clean upgrade" to vB4. Its not even in Raaabo's hands btw.

I had also received a couple of PMs from members regarding this problem. MySQL really needs to be fixed.

What actually happens is, MySQL daemon randomly goes off and I guess it is automatically started by a script whenever it goes off. But why does it goes off at the first place is a question too.

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
hmm.... the heat among members is increasing rapidly....

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

hey but everything is working fine for me.... i am using post quick reply and also tdf opens up under 5 sec.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom