Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

sygeek

Technomancer
Great. Now one more thing that is bothering me. I have disabled windows update and also app auto update from store settings. I had 267 MB left in my 3G dongle and within about 10 mins it's exhausted. So is there any other auto update enabled on win10 other than win update and app update ?

- - - Updated - - -

Also why auto driver installation in win8 and win10 takes a lot of time ? In win7 it's quite fast, u connect a new pendrive and within secs its ready to use.

Install netbalancer and limit all the windows processes using the Internet.

Vishw

Journeyman
Any of you guys having "Limited Connectivity" problem when using Wifi? Ever since I upgraded, on almost every boot there's a yellow triangle on Network icon in taskbar. And I have to either reboot router or use troubleshooter or both to fix the connection. I've seen hundreds of complaints on various forums about this and tried everything suggested, but nothing seems to work. So I'm forced to use wired connection until MS fixes this.

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
Don't know what's wrong but my laptop is constantly at 100% dick utilization and nothing is playing on it. When I use VLC it will start and then freeze and later on after closing and than double clicking it won't resume anything. Any help guys?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Don't know what's wrong but my laptop is constantly at 100% dick utilization and nothing is playing on it. When I use VLC it will start and then freeze and later on after closing and than double clicking it won't resume anything. Any help guys?

Check the process and post here.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything

Maybe reduce the pr0n.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Finally gave win 10 to go a try today. Used an iso from the Windows site and a freeware called win to usb to make a partition in my external drive bootable.

Works well as of now. Quite smooth, way better than win8. Will install all my stuff today evening on this.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Windows 10 sucks..just had deadly bsod(BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO) due to some corruption in os partition it seems...goes into startup repair boot-loop and wont repair..reinstalled fresh again...

I couldn't trace why it happened... AMD SATA and AHCI driver was not installed in old install may have caused corruption? ..

now installed them

amjath

Human Spambot
Windows 10 sucks..just had deadly bsod(BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO) due to some corruption in os partition it seems...goes into startup repair boot-loop and wont repair..reinstalled fresh again...

I couldn't trace why it happened... AMD SATA and AHCI driver was not installed in old install may have caused corruption? ..

now installed them
Junior colleagues laptop was upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. The wireless adapter drivers is causing bsod and continuous reboot. Upgrade is always an issue, planning to fresh install.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
After upgrading to Win 7 Ultimate 64bit To Win 10 Pro 64bit - I got cracking sound for youtube videos at chrome, anybody facing such issue ? The same machine can perfectly render youtube videos at Microsoft Edge.

Tried Uninstall Chrome and then re-install but no result.

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
I agree with you, that is why it is free.
So there is no one accountable but the user because he wanted free sh it and he got free sh it.
Free stuff is just like that(win 10)

I might have to reset my pc. It is stuttering badly, maybe coz of upgrade not a fresh install.

Top Bottom