Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

Hrishi

I tried to download and run the technical preview download pre requistive ...the one app which checks for sys reqs. And it prompted that insufficient resources.

I have win 7 ultimate 64bit... I7 , 640m , 4gb ram.
And 60gb space left.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I tried to download and run the technical preview download pre requistive ...the one app which checks for sys reqs. And it prompted that insufficient resources.

I have win 7 ultimate 64bit... I7 , 640m , 4gb ram.
And 60gb space left.

Whats 640m ?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Technical preview seems pretty stable to me.
But I haven't installed Steam so no gaming on it yet. But Win 10 automatically installed latest Intel drivers for me. My config is: Core i5 4570, 4 GB Ram and no dGPU.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
developer preview, lots of sh1t crashing, not working.

First its Technical preview, not even Consumer Preview. So things are expected to crash. But can you share the specifics? I haven't faced any crash till now.
Just some bugs, as highlighted in the video.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Re: Windows 10 Technical Preview

It looks nice. Not too keen to try TP. Will wait for a more stable release.

Rajesh345

Youngling
G:\>dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:g:\WindowsTechnicalPreview-x64-EN-US\sources\inst
all.wim

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Details for image : g:\WindowsTechnicalPreview-x64-EN-US\sources\install.wim

Index : 1
Name : Windows Technical Preview
Description : Windows Technical Preview
Size : 13,135,575,617 bytes

Index : 2
Name : Windows Technical Preview for Consumer
Description : Windows Technical Preview for Consumer
Size : 13,050,302,326 bytes

The operation completed successfully.

any1 found out difference

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Only that first one is the Technical preview, and 2nd one is less buggy version for consumer, where bugs are just patched around so that Consumer won't notice them. :p

On a serious note are they two options while we install the OS? I didn't get to choose between them when I installed Win 10 from the setup, from within other Windows OS.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Its pretty sable on the outside actually. but having problems with reading external proc memory, hooks are not taking the passed functions. automated software failing..
try running photoshop, games, old games, few old plugins and check, many software alwaysl behave weirdly with new release of windows..!

Last edited:

vedula.k95

Behind Enemy Lines
Found this statement on random website?Can anyone justify this?

"New Rumors Claim That Microsoft Skipped ‘Windows 9′ Name Because Of Legacy Code Compatibility Issues. Microsoft surprised everyone by announcing ‘Windows 10′ as their name for the upcoming version of Windows few days back. But why did Microsoft decide to skip the most obvious name ‘Windows 9’? According to latest reports, Microsoft decided to go with Windows 10 branding to avoid issues related to Windows 95/Windows 98 legacy code. Microsoft dev here, the internal rumours are that early testing revealed just how many third party products that had code of the form if(version.StartsWith(“Windows 9″)) { /* 95 and 98 */ } else { and that this was the pragmatic solution to avoid that. If Microsoft named it as Windows 9, all classic apps with the above code structure will treat it as either Windows 95 or Windows 98. So, Microsoft decided to avoid it by naming it Windows 10."

:lol:

amjath

Human Spambot
Windows 10 Impressions:

Checkbox on the all folder and icon is awesome addition in Windows 10.
New icons look great.
Modern apps flip animation while opening an app is missing, which i like a lot.
Charms Bar removed
Optional Start screen vs Start Menu available

more coming up

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I'm not able to install it on Hyper V. Installation process goes smoothly but after that it doesn't boots. Once it got BSOD too :p

Top Bottom