Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Windows X is more catchy, than Windows 10. :/

Microsoft's naming conventions are bizarre. Even the Windows 7 is not exactly the 7th version of Windows OS, it's the build of Windows 6.1
Check in Windows products like Calculator, Notepad, etc., Select HELP and then ABOUT, and see the version there.

Windows X reminds me of X-Windows on *nix machines. That's why they probably didn't choose it.

There are rumors they named it 10, to take Apple OS X(also 10),
And Cortana will be on final build of windows 10

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Updated article about Windows 10:
Microsoft Windows 10: Eight new features that you should know about | Digit.in

The best thing is for me is more user friendly command line. While the OS was being revamped, command line was feeling neglected. Easy Copy and paste options (along with any other features probably) is hence welcome.

About the naming of Windows 10 as not Windows X, I think is copyright. Apple would sue Microsoft as soon as they announce that they have named Windows using same naming convention as Apple's OS X. Yea, they can do that.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
F**k Apple, well the reason is not that

Then the reason is only that they wanted to catch upto the version of Apple's OS, just like Firefox did to catch upto the version of Chrome.
I think it's silly to compete in versioning lol.

- - - Updated - - -

The article said one can download a preview version at Windows Technical Preview is coming soon - Microsoft Windows. But to my dismay the only thing this page downloads is a .mp4 file which shows someone 'explaining' the new Windows. :/

Anyone got hands on the preview version of the windows 10?

amjath

Human Spambot
Then the reason is only that they wanted to catch upto the version of Apple's OS, just like Firefox did to catch upto the version of Chrome.
I think it's silly to compete in versioning lol.
That's what one of the commenter said in disgus, the skip for the version ill be this silly only

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Windows 10 Technical Preview now available to download | The Verge

I'm downloading

Yea, working. Although the link is: *insider.windows.com/ to join the insider program and download the preview versions.

amjath

Human Spambot
Is the new Windows 10 means Windows 1 0 which is binary [0s and 1s] combinations of all products [one for all] which executes everything in 0s and 1s??

- - - Updated - - -

Or is it 1 [one] for 0[a]ll :lol:

amjath

Human Spambot
Question for why ms shipped windows 9 of answered lol
Gizmodo Australia: Windows 10 May Have Gotten Its Name Because Of Lazy Coders. Windows 10 May Have Gotten Its Name Because Of Lazy Coders | Gizmodo Australia

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Me Downloading too(64-bit version).:wink:
Though my Windows 7(64-bit) is as sweet and yet robust.

Top Bottom