Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
It's ok. There were some problem in the settings. It's working fine now. But I'm unable to resize my start window. It's too small. :(

Well, I changed the resolution to 1080p and now it's seems ok. But unable to find out about pinning and all.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
I am running the Technical preview(Windows10) alongside Windows7 and other Linux OS(Fedora 20,Linux Mint 15,Ubuntu-14.04) all in separate partitions in different disks.
No issues no BSOD so far...

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Found this statement on random website?Can anyone justify this?

"New Rumors Claim That Microsoft Skipped ‘Windows 9′ Name Because Of Legacy Code Compatibility Issues. Microsoft surprised everyone by announcing ‘Windows 10′ as their name for the upcoming version of Windows few days back. But why did Microsoft decide to skip the most obvious name ‘Windows 9’? According to latest reports, Microsoft decided to go with Windows 10 branding to avoid issues related to Windows 95/Windows 98 legacy code. Microsoft dev here, the internal rumours are that early testing revealed just how many third party products that had code of the form if(version.StartsWith(“Windows 9″)) { /* 95 and 98 */ } else { and that this was the pragmatic solution to avoid that. If Microsoft named it as Windows 9, all classic apps with the above code structure will treat it as either Windows 95 or Windows 98. So, Microsoft decided to avoid it by naming it Windows 10."

:lol:

quite plausible!! though they also did make it to create a hype and also because its a major jump

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I'm not installing new s/w , running win7's versions from its directory..i had to install itunes to get my podcasts as win7's exe was not executing

Last edited:
OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
@amjath, can I use the Windows 8/8.1 driver(64-bit) for my Zotac NVidia 620GT GPU(Am satisfied with it, I AM NOT A GAMER!!!),for this Win 10 Technical Preview? Because my Monitor has a res. of 1600x900 and the Win 10 Tech. Preview, is at 1280x800.

I din't find any reason why you can't use it in that resolution

monkey

Padawan
I am using Win X on VMware and its running fine..till now. I am bit tempted to upgrade from Win 7 once it is released. Looks good and feels good. Hoping its worth the wait.

PS: We should make a list of compatible s/w to see which works fine on Win X and then try to give feedback on user experience..

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Shouldn't all the software work anyway? I mean there is that compatibility mode, or would the softwares run native on X? I am eagerly waiting for the release too, but that's maybe because I am with Win 7 for long, really long.

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
Installation of the technical preview failed on VMWare Fusion for my Mac. Although it worked flawlessly on HyperV on my windows 8 machine.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I am planning on installing this on VirtualBox. How large do I need the virtual drive to be for this?

Top Bottom