Official OnePlus 2 Discussion Thread

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Well Qualcomm is unveiling 820 on 11th and as per the leaked specs that is a monster, less power hungry monster. Also rumors has it the next Huawei Nexus will sport this along with anything that OP2 and Moto x style has been missing. Also there is a LG Nexus coming late this year (2 Nexus from different companies). So I guess it will be smart to wait till October end before committing to any phone.

Dr. House

No Regrets
Well Qualcomm is unveiling 820 on 11th and as per the leaked specs that is a monster, less power hungry monster. Also rumors has it the next Huawei Nexus will sport this along with anything that OP2 and Moto x style has been missing. Also there is a LG Nexus coming late this year (2 Nexus from different companies). So I guess it will be smart to wait till October end before committing to any phone.

New Nexus 5 (2015) will come with S620 and 3GB RAM in all nexus 5 prices whereas Huawei with S820 and 4GB RAM with price tag of $500 or above in late October with Android M.

- - - Updated - - -

actually looks good.

I am getting a deal where I can get Galaxy S6 imported verizon phone for 29,600. The seller said it sealed open as it has been checked in customs and to confirm unlocked version.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
New Nexus 5 (2015) will come with S620 and 3GB RAM in all nexus 5 prices whereas Huawei with S820 and 4GB RAM with price tag of $500 or above in late October with Android M.

- - - Updated - - -

I am getting a deal where I can get Galaxy S6 imported verizon phone for 29,600. The seller said it sealed open as it has been checked in customs and to confirm unlocked version.
$500 will be a good deal if the leaked specs are to be believed. But judging by the market scenario I think Google might price it aggressively. I am hoping it does not go way up than $500. If it does there is always Style or the two as fallback plan

Dr. House

No Regrets
$500 will be a good deal if the leaked specs are to be believed. But judging by the market scenario I think Google might price it aggressively. I am hoping it does not go way up than $500. If it does there is always Style or the two as fallback plan

Nexus 6 32GB is currently 500$. They launched at $649 because all those features last year were new. I guess it was the first phone with Turbo Charging. 4k display with 6" AMOLED screen was new. Build quality was superior. Snapdragon rates also increased a bit and many other factors.

Last edited:

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Nexus 6 32GB is currently 500$. They launched at $649 because all those features last year was new. I guess it was the first phone with Turbo Charging. 4k display with 6" AMOLED screen was new. Build quality was superior. Snapdragon rates also increased a bit and many other factors.
Aah you burst my bubble of hope. But I will wait. As the benchmarks of the S620 are damn good. (Allegedly leaked). And hope LG prices it sub $400

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Definitely it will not flop because of it's amazing price. People still gonna buy. But it's not as bang for buck as the previous model for sure. Last year they were like selling that for charity.

OP2 was killed in a day after announcement.

Moto X play/style or pure are better choices.
X play even if it is a 615 will be a better choice(read:moto g 2015).
Also with rumours of nexus 5 2015 coming with a snapdragon 620(with performance equal to 810) would be around 400$.
So a very bad year for OP2.

- - - Updated - - -

N5 2015 - mid range nexus = 400$
Nexus huawei - High end = 600$+

Dr. House

No Regrets
OP2 was killed in a day after announcement.

Moto X play/style or pure are better choices.
X play even if it is a 615 will be a better choice(read:moto g 2015).
Also with rumours of nexus 5 2015 coming with a snapdragon 620(with performance equal to 810) would be around 400$.
So a very bad year for OP2.

- - - Updated - - -

N5 2015 - mid range nexus = 400$
Nexus huawei - High end = 600$+

Any idea of Moto X play and style launch in India? I can't wait to buy new phone. Might end up buying OP2 because of early release.

tkin

Back to school!!
In most benchmarks the SD620 beats the SD810 at full speed. It is justified, Four monstrous A73 cores which are 15% faster than the A57, plus four A53 cores which is ARM's most power efficient chip so far.
*www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/processors/620

If they deliver correctly then the SD620 can be their most interesting chipset so far. If LG Nexus 5 is launched around 400$ with the 620 it will murder both the OnePlus Two and Moto X Play and Style easily.

- - - Updated - - -

Any idea of Moto X play and style launch in India? I can't wait to buy new phone. Might end up buying OP2 because of early release.
Either the Play or Style will be launched by September, most probably Play as it will not be launched in USA. The other(probably Style) will come before Nexus launch, by October/November.

Dr. House

No Regrets
In most benchmarks the SD620 beats the SD810 at full speed. It is justified, Four monstrous A73 cores which are 15% faster than the A57, plus four A53 cores which is ARM's most power efficient chip so far.
*www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/processors/620

Either the Play or Style will be launched by September, most probably Play as it will not be launched in USA. The other(probably Style) will come before Nexus launch, by October/November.

So I have decided OP2 for now, sell it and then buy Nexus 5 2nd gen in January 2016.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Yes if 620 blows 810 away, LG Nexus is the most logical choice. And as far as I know, Google launches the nexus series in India by directly converting the currency. So even if the N5 is 400$ by today's conversion its roughly 28k. And its highly possible this device is coming in the range of 350$, as Google might want to keep the high end open for the flagship nexus. If thats the case I know what my next phone will be

Top Bottom