Official OnePlus 2 Discussion Thread

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
*oneplus.net/invites?kolid=MC0ASZ<br />
<br />

ashs1

Padawan
Oneplus 2 launched..64gb priced at 25k..will be available from 11th August....16gb version will also be available but no details revealed for it as of now...

Dr. House

No Regrets
Considering the price of Oneplus 2 is 389$ and current rate of 1 USD = 64 INR. The conversion is of 24.9k that is perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no idea why they downgraded few useful things like NFC and quick charging of Oneplus one. According to youtuber MKBHD It took 2 hours to completely charge that phone but this new one takes slow charging with USB C-type of 3 hours. Also the on-screen time of last year was of 6 hours and now only 4:47min. The previous one was slimmer and lighter and now it is 1mm more thick and 13g heavier. also the new camera posting is disturbing as the fingers will touch the lens. They simply downgraded many things that made previous one a legendary phone. :-?

Dr. House

No Regrets
This will be a flop
Cause no NFC or quick charge 2
Also genetic design

Definitely it will not flop because of it's amazing price. People still gonna buy. But it's not as bang for buck as the previous model for sure. Last year they were like selling that for charity.

Dr. House

No Regrets
How many will use nfc in India ? I have it since my s3 days , never used it ony s4 too .

Yes! right now in India there is no use of NFC. I barely used since Galaxy Nexus. 99% of the time I keep it off to get better battery life. :oops:

- - - Updated - - -

Am I the only one who is worried about the SD810?

Youtuber MKBHD is using Oneplus 2 from 2 weeks and he said there is no heating issue in it. It warms during high end use like gaming and that is considered normal. Comparing S6 and O2 after high graphics gaming. There was only difference of +2*C in O2.

Dr. House

No Regrets
NFC has also been removed as apparently no one was using it on the previous model. Since no Cyanogen OS in new phone, RAW support is no longer supported. The super nice 2160p (DCI) @24fps video recording mode is also gone. The phone also lacks Qualcomm QuickCharge support. It takes 3-3.5hrs to full charge from 0 to 100.

*DISAPPOINTMENT OF THE YEAR*

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
NFC has also been removed as apparently no one was using it on the previous model. Since no Cyanogen OS in new phone, RAW support is no longer supported. The super nice 2160p (DCI) @24fps video recording mode is also gone. The phone also lacks Qualcomm QuickCharge support. It takes 3-3.5hrs to full charge from 0 to 100.

Dude USB type C what more can you expect?

OP & Snapdragon are working together and it's new tech.An update may bring Quick charge to USB Type C in future.

Who cares for quickcharge?
Everyone has a portable.
Most of the people charge overnight.

And if you read articles, quick charge heats your phone and degrades battery overtime.

Barely anyone uses NFC in India as there are no pay services as such.

NFC sharing right?
Actually Superbeam does everyone's job.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

Yep.. the Hype backfired.
I use NFC so this is bad news.. but hey!!! my current phone has it already so no problem for me :p

tkin

Back to school!!

OP & Snapdragon are working together and it's new tech.An update may bring Quick charge to USB Type C in future.

Everyone has a portable.

And if you read articles, quick charge heats your phone and degrades battery overtime.

NFC sharing right?
I'd rather carry a portable dedicated media player than carry a power bank in my pocket.

Dr. House

No Regrets

Everyone has a portable.

NFC sharing right?

Who cares about C-type? What is the use if it doesn't charge fast. Also this is vintage USB C-type as it based on 2.0 not the latest 3.0 USB. So I don't think no power charging even in future.
Why would I carry a heavy power bank with myself all around? I need a phone that charges fastest even if it comes with small battery. I use NFC and did in my Oneplus One as well. Most of the people doesn't use because they aint aware of.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Wanted to post this in the launch day, no internet

One plus two a big disappointment for me. I was really looking forward to buy this phone. But I think I will hold the plan for now. This phone does not seem like and improvement from one plus one. In fact I don't see a single reason to go for this phone. One plus one was a path changer.

I think the safe bet will be to wait for the moto x style pricing. That phone is promising. Moto needs to just get the pricing right

tkin

Back to school!!
Wanted to post this in the launch day, no internet

One plus two a big disappointment for me. I was really looking forward to buy this phone. But I think I will hold the plan for now. This phone does not seem like and improvement from one plus one. In fact I don't see a single reason to go for this phone. One plus one was a path changer.

I think the safe bet will be to wait for the moto x style pricing. That phone is promising. Moto needs to just get the pricing right
There was less competition back then. Moto X Play will be the crucial one, I know at least 5 guys in my office who will throw away all features, even the camera just to get a bigger battery.

Top Bottom