Official OnePlus 2 Discussion Thread

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
There was less competition back then. Moto X Play will be the crucial one, I know at least 5 guys in my office who will throw away all features, even the camera just to get a bigger battery.
Yes battery back up in android is a long standing issue. Just hope moto has done the optimisations right.
I do hope moto has thought ahead when packing a 3k mAh battery with a qHD display.

tkin

Back to school!!
Yes battery back up in android is a long standing issue. Just hope moto has done the optimisations right.
I do hope moto has thought ahead when packing a 3k mAh battery with a qHD display.
I'm not so hopeful about Style, rather Play. But Motorola X2 does manage 53hrs in GSMArena endurance test, but then again it has Amoled. I think overall Style will have mediocre battery life, Play should be one of the best in the market.

Dr. House

No Regrets
still SD615 in play doesn't justify 19k price tag.

Absolutely ! It sounds overpiced if we compare with Yu Yureka Plus that costs 10k only. But again in X Play you will get far better Sony 21MP camera and ultimate battery life. The difference in mAH is 1130mAH.

- - - Updated - - -

Also there is no near of launching of X Play it in India. According to Moto it will launch in Europe, Latin America, Australia and Canada in August.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Absolutely ! It sounds overpiced if we compare with Yu Yureka Plus that costs 10k only. But again in X Play you will get far better Sony 21MP camera and ultimate battery life. The difference in mAH is 1130mAH.

- - - Updated - - -

Also there is no near of launching of X Play it in India. According to Moto it will launch in Europe, Latin America, Australia and Canada in August.

Moto launched G3 first in India.
It always does and X series follows up right after 20 days to a month.

So we hope to get by August End or September mid.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I don't think Op2 sales record will break OP1 sales record...
and SD810 does heat but I can assure you that SD801 also heats (not everytime though)

once I was playing this game "Leo's fortune" and kept the game in background and went for dinner and when I came back the OP1 was very hot that I could feel the hotness...whole screen and body. somehow I managed to bring down the temp.
but I couldn't handle it for that moment.

tkin

Back to school!!
still SD615 in play doesn't justify 19k price tag.
I don't think so, lets compare:
Motorola Moto X Play vs HTC Desire 820 vs Micromax Yureka - Phone specs comparison

Yureka Plus only has an upgraded display compared to Yureka. So with Play you will get a much better camera, more inbuilt memory, higher SD card support and most important, much better battery backup. So 9k for all this is good enough, also after sales support and device quality will be better with Motorola.

MKBHD says battery life went down compared to OPO

OP2 has dual SIM slots, so it would be a hit in China & India for sure (Rest of the specs are also good for those running behind specs)

Dr. House

No Regrets
MKBHD says battery life went down compared to OPO

OP2 has dual SIM slots, so it would be a hit in China & India for sure (Rest of the specs are also good for those running behind specs)

Yeah I watched that video but that was of preview unit. Final unit will be updated and should get 5.5-6 hours on-screen time.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Man it's hard to even go through the posts in the One plus forum. Fanboys defending the company, geeks complaining the missing features, people already begging for invites, it's a total mess.
But honestly One plus two is not the flagship killer, damn it barely qualifies as a flagship. Motorola Style might turn out to be the real flagship killer this summer.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I wanted a removable battery and a dedicated camera key. Its difficult to switch the phone off when holding the power button isn't working.

Man it's hard to even go through the posts in the One plus forum. Fanboys defending the company, geeks complaining the missing features, people already begging for invites, it's a total mess.
But honestly One plus two is not the flagship killer, damn it barely qualifies as a flagship. Motorola Style might turn out to be the real flagship killer this summer.

It'll launch during late monsoon/early autumn. Summer's already over.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
I wanted a removable battery and a dedicated camera key. Its difficult to switch the phone off when holding the power button isn't working.

It'll launch during late monsoon/early autumn. Summer's already over.
I wanted it to have quick charging and a SD card slot. Lack of NFC I can live with.
And autumn has not arrived until you see Durga puja pandals ;)

tkin

Back to school!!
People are begging there to get the invite so they can sell it, I think less than 30% of the 1 million invites will be used to purchase the device, rest will be for trades and bragging and etc. Am I to believe a random girl name Neha with 2 week old profile is asking for an invite in facebook so she could use a flagship phone?

Its not a flagship killer, it has an overheating CPU which will surely cause trouble for Indians, I bet when they tested the device the ambient was nowhere near 45c+ which most of India faces during the summer. Try streaming 3g during summer while sitting in the bus and you'll find out how optimized the SD 810 V2 really is.

I am also appalled at the way their Customer service works even after one year, its pretty much non existent in India, the flipkart pages are filled with such horror stories.

It lacks NFC which I agree we don't get to use much in India, but a lot of places in the world are using them for payments etc, so OP2 will be flagship killer only in developing countries, a great achievement.

The USB C is just a gimmick when most of the commercial laptops do not support it(99% of mac users will not buy a one plus device), and OP2 does not even support quick charge, one of the principal uses of that standard, transferring files at great speed it not an everyday scenario.

It lacks an IR port, I use that a lot. It lacks a FM radio, something I also use frequently.

So its a good phone, but not a flagship killer, back when OPO came out SD800 chipset phones cost upward of 40k, 20k phones used dual core Cortex A9 chips and 720p screens. But that has changed now, we are seeing 1080p phones at 10k from lesser brands, and around 25k the best brands are putting in everything, just like powerbanks these days. Xiaomi can't bring out a 10000mah powerbank at 1k and call it flagship killer, which was true for the first models.

The fanboys need to cool down a bit. OP is learning the badway how difficult it actually is to meet expectations after setting them in front of customers. They should take professional course from Indian politicians and reserve seats in the parliament some times.

Last edited:

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
^that post just explains it. One plus should not have used the flagship killer tag. Heck I think one plus one if gets a price cut will be a better deal than one plus two

tkin

Back to school!!
^that post just explains it. One plus should not have used the flagship killer tag. Heck I think one plus one if gets a price cut will be a better deal than one plus two
I'll take a 16k OPO over a 26k OP2 any day. The SD800, in all practical scenarios, can handle everything the playstore can thorw at it, and I don't play Antutu.

Dr. House

No Regrets
I'll take a 16k OPO over a 26k OP2 any day. The SD800, in all practical scenarios, can handle everything the playstore can thorw at it, and I don't play Antutu.

What about getting Galaxy S6 32GB for 30-32k over all these X Style and OP2?

Top Bottom