Official Nokia 5800 XpressMusic discussion thread

@neeraj
THanks,, Have got MyPhone v2.52.. looks awesome.. But after v50 upgrade phone is become damn slow., Do you recommend to format the phone ?

Which command is safe to use ?

use the following buttons to do a hard reset, GREEN/RED/CAMERA keys pressed all at once on power up..and it will do the rest for you..you should format your phone if its getting too slow. backup your contacts messages etc before resetting it.

Otherwise, try checking out the start-up applications on your phone with the help of taskman, if you're using myphone or other apps like this..initially change the default theme and then start this apps. Check out the screenshot..using 12-15 apps and still good amount of ram to work on.

hey guys.. i need help retuning my battrey. tried hard resets, reinstalled v50. still sometimes it just dies on me with battery indicator showing full ,, and sometimes it just dies prematurely when i know there should be enough juice to last 8 to 10 hours more.

Get your battery checked @nokia care.

hey can someone suggust me some method to crack memory card password for nokia 5800 , my friend seems to have forgotton his password .

install FExplorer (*www.gosymbian.com), find the "mmcstore" file in drive , rename it to a .txt file open it on the phone or if it cant send it to a pc the password would be in it .

Last edited:

pritamonline

Broken In
I had purchased NOKIA 5800 XM in April 2010.
The box had manufacturing date as Feb 2010.
The pack did NOT had TV cable.

I had a cable with Stereo pin on one side and AV out on the other (cheap unbranded cable bought for Rs. 30 around 10 years back which I used for listening to walkman music on TV).

I attached stereo pin (partially) in nokia 5800 and TV out Red pin in white slot of TV and White pin in Red slot of TV.

TV out is working with no problem.

The feature is NOT removed, TV out is working.

Last edited:

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
I got my 5800 from UK. It was locked to Orange. I unlocked it here.

I want to format the phone. If I do, do I need to unlock the phone again or it will be unlocked forever?

khmadhu

change is constant!!
@pritamonline's

I also sometimes get an option for Tv out when i connect any stereo pin, but never tried that becoz my tv is too old (18 years :-|)

sujoyp

Grand Master
Can someone help me in hacking V50...it cant be discussed here ...
I know the steps just got confused a bit:smile:

Can someone help me in hacking V50...it cant be discussed here ...
I know the steps just got confused a bit:smile:

Pm me...or catch me at yahoo..neerajDOTvohraATyahooDOTcom

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 AM ----------

I got my 5800 from UK. It was locked to Orange. I unlocked it here.

I want to format the phone. If I do, do I need to unlock the phone again or it will be unlocked forever?

I think format will not lock your phone again..but a firmware update can lock it..

@pritamonline's

I also sometimes get an option for Tv out when i connect any stereo pin, but never tried that becoz my tv is too old (18 years :-|)

oh man..livin with the latest tech phone..and 18 years old tv..can u post some pics ? My tv hardly works for 4-5 years..:(

PraKs

Youngling
@neeraj
Bro, can you suggest some full screen excellent games for 5800 ?

I really liked GT Car game which comes by default & even works without touch.

Please name such nice FULL screen games.

@neeraj
Bro, can you suggest some full screen excellent games for 5800 ?

I really liked GT Car game which comes by default & even works without touch.

Please name such nice FULL screen games.

There are many games that can be played with accelerometer..You can try polarbit games, Moolan, resco bubbles, Labyrinth Touch, Toonwarz, Frozen Bubble Twisted.....

Like GT care game-go for Polarbit Raging Thunder much better graphics and works without touch..you can probably search google for more accelerometer car racing games for nokia 5800xm..

For games that are not working full screen..You have to edit the MF (manifest) file in the jar (using winrar to open) and add all of the below (just use Copy/paste). So game will know it has to work in landscape mode from the beginning..Enjoy playing full screen games now. :grin:

Nokia-MIDlet-Category: Game
Nokia-MIDlet-App-Orientation: landscape
Nokia-MIDlet-On-Screen-Keypad: no
Nokia-MIDlet-No-Exit: true

---------- Post added at 03:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 AM ----------

^^ I have added u in yahoo :smile:

Thanks..Have you tried the tutorials that we discussed ?? you able to hack it now ?

k4ce

Youngling
all u guys luking to h@ck, just download a CFW and flash your fone with it ... head over to daily mobile forum to get the best CFW ...

PraKs

Youngling
@neeraj
Awesome bro.. Why dont Nokia hire you ;)

Do share more games like Polarbit Raging Thunder,I will try to get *ahem* versions. PM me if you know where to get it.. lets not discuss here.

One more info - Is there any way or any mp3/wav file player using which I can slow down the play speed ? have few wav files in speech (not song), I need to play it at slow speed. any idea which player can do that ?

all u guys luking to h@ck, just download a CFW and flash your fone with it ... head over to daily mobile forum to get the best CFW ...

If you're looking for cfw..then go for XTE Blaze Ultimate II, its stable and lots of features than other cfw's.

@neeraj
Awesome bro.. Why dont Nokia hire you ;)

Do share more games like Polarbit Raging Thunder,I will try to get *ahem* versions. PM me if you know where to get it.. lets not discuss here.

One more info - Is there any way or any mp3/wav file player using which I can slow down the play speed ? have few wav files in speech (not song), I need to play it at slow speed. any idea which player can do that ?

I will be the first to release the hacking stuff for firmwares..that's why they wont..lol

I haven't tried any other players except tunewiki as its the best music player till now. I will try to find out that can play songs in slow speed.

Just asking : why you need that ?

wow this polarbit raging thunder look great:smile:

You should try other polarbit games too..Raging Thunder and toonwarz are my fav.

PraKs

Youngling
@neeraj
I have few wav files (speech) where English is spoken very very fast. Unable to understand few things, so need a player which can slow down speed of speech

something like 1x, 2x etc.. Were you able to find one ?

hluachawngthu

Broken In
2neeraj
I read your statement about MyPhone v2.52, may I know about it in more details. Where can I find this appn and is it support Java appns? Is it possible to uninstall the appn after sometime? etc etc. Please tell me about this application as well as its usefulness for XM. Thanks for your valuable contributions so far.

sujoyp

Grand Master
H@cked 5800...it was easy...got tutorials in dailymobile site...now installed loads of applications :grin: and themes

Thanks Neeraj and k4ce

PraKs

Youngling
@neeraj, were you able to find the player to play songs at slower speed ?

Can anyone tell me simple 5800 simulator ? Need to test SIS files on PC before transferring to Mobile.. Nokia SDK is around 700 MB :( Any other simulators around ?

@neeraj, were you able to find the player to play songs at slower speed ?

No, all these slower speed players get hang or corrupt.

Can anyone tell me simple 5800 simulator ? Need to test SIS files on PC before transferring to Mobile.. Nokia SDK is around 700 MB :( Any other simulators around ?

I would suggest to go for Nokia SDK..rest are crap.

For all Nokia 5800 lovers :

Have you tried "‘MyPhone Infinite"..specially for android lovers..which is a Google Android emulator for Symbian based phones like Nokia 5800 and N97. :)):)) Dam I wish I should purchased Spica rather than this andriod emulator..but I'm still in love with Nokia 5800 :D:D

Features:

* Fully emulates Android™ UI
* Quick launcher to S60 Nokia Samsung apps
* Add, Rearrange & Delete every icon on the home screen for S60 5th models; Add & Delete every icons on the home screen for S60 3rd models
* Supports touch screen
* Key lock
* Registration module inside: Ensure M1 owner enjoy dedicated MMMOOO Premium Service with distinguish guarantee.

Link : google it :cool: