Official Nokia 5800 XpressMusic discussion thread

PraKs

Youngling
Please give name of these players, let me test them,

Can you suggest any other emulator apart from Nokia SDK ?

Please give name of these players, let me test them,

OggPlay-alpha version it was and dont remember another player name..but they both failed..some errors while playing etc..you can give a try if you want

Can you suggest any other emulator apart from Nokia SDK ?

No and also if you are downloading SIS File from the web, they will be compiled for ARM ( real phones). This means it's normal that they won't work for the Emulator (WINS).

If you are yourself generating your SIS Files be sure to compile for WINS and then It'll work.

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

H@cked 5800...it was easy...got tutorials in dailymobile site...now installed loads of applications :grin: and themes

Thanks Neeraj and k4ce

Good to hear that..but dont install to much apps and themes..specially 4-6mb themes with custom icons..coz it gonna corrupt the apps manager.

PS: Do you install 40-50apps manually -one by one ??
There is a app that can install themes,games,apps automatically, just copy paste into the E/folder and get a coffee..all the apps will be installed automatically..
Code:
[URL="*thinkchange.cn/bt/index/AutoInstaller"]Autoinstaller[/URL]
Its a freeware :-D:-D

2neeraj
I read your statement about MyPhone v2.52, may I know about it in more details. Where can I find this appn and is it support Java appns? Is it possible to uninstall the appn after sometime? etc etc. Please tell me about this application as well as its usefulness for XM. Thanks for your valuable contributions so far.

Sorry for the late reply..just saw your post..you can find the apps by google and it changes the looks of your phone like iphone, you can add your own icons for java games/apps etc.
Yes, you can uninstall it whenever you want. If you're getting bored with the same looks..there are many more customized set of apps that can change the complete icons,homescreens etc.

Let me know if anything else I can help you with.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Yaah the autoinstaller is good...thanks

I install 6-7 themes and 10-15 applications and games:lol:..not much..they complete my all requirements:)

But yaah themes r like 6-7 mb and have custom iconset...they look cool
I agree some of them crashes and sometimes dont work...I am using fibre theme:)

PraKs

Youngling
Thanks neeraj..

As of now have around 100 SIS files, so thought of testing them on PC, if they are good then only transfer to mobile, it wont be good to transfer 100 files, install each one & test right..

So was looking for SIS file emulator..

@sujoyp
Just try MyPhone theme, Its just awesome & look of iPhone.

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes it looks cool but I dont like hundreds of icons on my screen...I like it empty...I just have basic shortcut bar on my screen

Thanks neeraj..

As of now have around 100 SIS files, so thought of testing them on PC, if they are good then only transfer to mobile, it wont be good to transfer 100 files, install each one & test right..

So was looking for SIS file emulator..

Alright...wont there be difference while testing it actually on the phone rather than with emulator ??

If you think the other way..install auto-installer and it will automatically install 100 apps for you..no need to keep installing apps 1-1..test it

For uninstalling part..install batch-uninstall..uninstall apps at once..mark the apps that you think not worth it and it will uninstall it. no need to keep uninstalling apps 1-1.

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Guys...I need your help...I am looking for a screenguard that I can buy online..I used to buy it from gaffar market for around 200-300rs best quality..but I'm dam sick these days ....and I need to change the screenguard ASAP. Please if someone has tried it personally ..post it !!

Guys...I need your help...I am looking for a screenguard that I can buy online..I used to buy it from gaffar market for around 200-300rs best quality..but I'm dam sick these days ....and I need to change the screenguard ASAP. Please if someone has tried it personally ..post it !!

PraKs

Youngling

@Neeraj

Bro, you have solved each & every question on 5800.. This help is specially for u :)

I searched for 30 minutes for you & found one of my very old deal at Ebay... Using this screenguard on 5800 from 4 months, works like charm.. very good quality

Get 2 screenguard for just 105 Rs ( I took just for 75 Rs, eBay India: 2 X LCD Scratch Guard Screen for Nokia 5800 5230 5233 (item 250643150464 end time 01-Jul-2010 22:31:55 IST)

seems he increased the price)

Here is the deal

eBay India: 2 X LCD Scratch Guard Screen for Nokia 5800 5230 5233 (item 250659597612 end time 31-Jul-2010 22:37:16 IST)

@Neeraj

Bro, you have solved each & every question on 5800.. This help is specially for u :)

I searched for 30 minutes for you & found one of my very old deal at Ebay... Using this screenguard on 5800 from 4 months, works like charm.. very good quality

Thanks a lot for helping me out so fast..I really appreciate the time you have invested in getting my query resolved...I ordered it (This email confirms that you made a PaisaPay payment to the following seller for the total amount of Rs. 105.00 using credit / debit card :-D:-D)and hope to receive this soon !!

arupch

Tech Addict

Better use this - this full body protection including the screen. Use 15% off coupon (use google) and you can have it for Rs.280.

*www.gadgetshieldz.com/index.php?ta...ll=Y&pname=Y&pkeywords=Y&cid=0&q=5800&x=0&y=0

fabler

Journeyman
I think yes.. I've planned to buy a nokia 5800 then N97 and finally ended up buying Google Nexus One.. :D

sujoyp

Grand Master
No man everybody is content with what they have right now:grin::grin:

I am waiting for some new android phone:wink:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
this phone sucks. I feel as if nobody cares for it including nokia. No divx player. Frikkin bad support. Only thing good is listening to music and light web surfing (with frequent out of mem n random crashes).
I wont go for nokia next time.

Top Bottom