Official Nokia 5800 XpressMusic discussion thread

PraKs

Youngling
Cold war ;)

Anyways.. Thanks Neeraj & others, I used NSS & flashed the Product code for APAC Red, Upgraded successfully to v50.

Thank you guys.

Now one more Q, used Nokia map loader, downloaded India maps as well US English & Hindi voice guidance.

When Maps icon is clicked, it gives just white screen with diff icons around. Problem is why cant I see map of India or even city & places around.

Am I missing something ? These maps needs to be installed or onces downloaded its done ?

Cold war ;)

Anyways.. Thanks Neeraj & others, I used NSS & flashed the Product code for APAC Red, Upgraded successfully to v50.

Thank you guys.

Now one more Q, used Nokia map loader, downloaded India maps as well US English & Hindi voice guidance.

When Maps icon is clicked, it gives just white screen with diff icons around. Problem is why cant I see map of India or even city & places around.

Am I missing something ? These maps needs to be installed or onces downloaded its done ?

Welcome my friend :D

You don't need to install the maps once download from map loader..they gets installed automatically..you can update the version of nokia maps to 3.04 which was launched after v50 firmware of 5800xm and then try updating the maps to your phone.

*i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy206/neerajvohra/QT/Scr000067.jpg

Also, do try "MapmyIndia Sygic Mobile Maps"..its also a cool navigation application.

PS : Whenever I install a new firmware..I hard reset the phone to get the best out of it. This would be the best option.

^^ That would be good!

Hope u like it now :shock:

PraKs

Youngling
Eh, I used Nokia Map loader & got v3.03 only with v50 OS

How do I get v3.04 now.

Why do Nokia gives so much of tension in just giving maps which they make BIG advt in promotions.

I want to use maps just with GPS (NO GPRS) & heard only OVI maps will work without GPRS.

Will MapmyIndia Sygic Mobile Maps work only with GPS ?

CORRET THis one please

hard reset - all settings, user/app data etc will be deleted and OS will be fresh.. sim card and memory card won't be touched. contacts on the phone will be deleted

Shall I use *#7380# OR *#7370# ?

Why do Nokia gives so much of tension in just giving maps which they make BIG advt in promotions.

That's y I love nokia..they keep me busy !!

I want to use maps just with GPS (NO GPRS) & heard only OVI maps will work without GPRS.
No there are other applications too !

Will MapmyIndia Sygic Mobile Maps work only with GPS ?

Yes..its around 250mb in size..includes all the maps of india..they include the best maps of states..you should give it a try if you're looking for navigation without gprs.

hard reset - all settings, user/app data etc will be deleted and OS will be fresh.. sim card and memory card won't be touched. contacts on the phone will be deleted

Shall I use *#7380# OR *#7370# ?

you should use *#7370# for full reset..memory card, sim card wont be touched...it will give u a fresh phone with phone memory will be formatted..backup your contacts messages.

its *#7780# for setting reset..not *#7380#

Vensanga

Journeyman
am still having the same problem..and here's my problem
1. I was unable to send messages with my phone so i go to Nokia Care and they said Flashing the software is required so i let them do it.
2.From that onwards i have a problem with the phone..the phones becomes warm(very warm) and eats up the battery...when i switch off the phone and remove the battery and then put it back on its works fine..but the same problem happens now and then...
3.I purchase my phone on December and am wondering can i claim for warranty of replacing the phone???
Helps guys i dont no what to do...tried all the soft reset/full reset etc..

khmadhu

change is constant!!
@neerajvohra,

what is QT Installer 4.06.2..?

i installed this 12 MB file successfully.. but after install, the application not showing up anywhere!!.?

i tried installing in both phone mem and card.. but no luck..

what may be the problem..?

i am using v50 firmware only.

sughreev

Broken In
Ovi Mail Setup Wizard
This is one of the best mail application. Once you download, it automatically setup's your Ovi mail account and very easy to setup.
*store.ovi.com/content/23073

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
@neerajvohra,

what is QT Installer 4.06.2..?

i installed this 12 MB file successfully.. but after install, the application not showing up anywhere!!.?

i tried installing in both phone mem and card.. but no luck..

what may be the problem..?

i am using v50 firmware only.

it is a cross-platform framework. you need to install it for using apps written in Qt to work.
like you have to install the python s60 to run s60 apps written in python.

_

k4ce

Youngling
Thanks, Please confirm if this is true ?

AFAIK, both the 7370 and 7380 are only soft-reset ... they just clear the data from the fone memory ...

If you want to hard reset, turn off the fone ... then press and hold the red + green + camera Key + power button ... the fone will boot ... keep holding this till the country selection comes up ... this is the method for hard reset

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
^^
7370 is the code for hard reset.

the key press combo can also be done for hard reset, it is the only way to hard reset if the display conks off.

_

PraKs

Youngling
Can anyone suggest good apps for Unlock(iphone kind) on main screen. Using side button is bit cumbersome.

Also suggest good app to have HTC like Clock on main screen..

Can anyone suggest good apps for Unlock(iphone kind) on main screen. Using side button is bit cumbersome.

SPP Slide unlock..more customization than iphone like look.
*i41.tinypic.com/2005mk9.gif

Also suggest good app to have HTC like Clock on main screen..

You have not tried SPB Software SPB Mobile Shell yet ?? check out the image..this is the best application and great in looks...
*i45.tinypic.com/sq75th.gif

khmadhu

change is constant!!
is there any appn which turns off camera red light.. while taking photos or recording video..? also looking for alternate camera/video capture for my 5800 xm..

PraKs

Youngling
@neeraj

Bro, I am looking for iPhone like Unlock App. Didnt like the look of this one. Are u aware of such app ?

I need HTC looking Clock.. See here, You can see clock & Unlock bar too

*iphoneroot.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/htc-clock-2.PNG

talwar

Broken In
Download World Traveler
Good application for weather forecasts & currency rates, I recommend this app to all travelers. It saves my time and money when I pick my friend from the airport. This app shows flight status so I know if the plane already landed.
*store.ovi.com/content/5199

@neeraj

Bro, I am looking for iPhone like Unlock App. Didnt like the look of this one. Are u aware of such app ?

I need HTC looking Clock.. See here, You can see clock & Unlock bar too

*iphoneroot.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/htc-clock-2.PNG

I think you have not installed the application then ?? Can you check this one out ?? Let me knw if this one works ??

Last edited:
is there any appn which turns off camera red light.. while taking photos or recording video..? also looking for alternate camera/video capture for my 5800 xm..

Disable camera light- Rompatcher.

This is a patch which enables or disable ur red camera light..But you need to hack your phone first..google it and you will find the apps.

---------- Post added at 03:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 AM ----------

@praks

Bro, you can also install MyPhone powered by S60 os, it turns S60 os phone into MyPhone UI. You can have a smart phone enhanced with TWO user interfaces. The best launcher ever!

*i49.tinypic.com/wu2y3p.jpg

aytus

The Boss
hey guys.. i need help retuning my battrey. tried hard resets, reinstalled v50. still sometimes it just dies on me with battery indicator showing full ,, and sometimes it just dies prematurely when i know there should be enough juice to last 8 to 10 hours more.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
hey can someone suggust me some method to crack memory card password for nokia 5800 , my friend seems to have forgotton his password .

PraKs

Youngling
@neeraj
THanks,, Have got MyPhone v2.52.. looks awesome.. But after v50 upgrade phone is become damn slow., Do you recommend to format the phone ?

Which command is safe to use ?

Top Bottom