Official Nokia 5800 XpressMusic discussion thread

Charley

Just Do It
When I checked the contact list today, it shows No contacts, select new contacts from Options to add a contact.

Where did it go, can someone help me, please ?

k4ce

Youngling
^ If your contact list is empty, restore ur back up from your mem card. But why would contacts disappear ?
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
thanks...and v21 to v30 is 118mb update....i remember somebody said 4mb update

I dunno bout the non TV out ones ... But for mine, I'm sure it was 4MB ... Cos i have a 256kbps conn at home and the update downloaded in well under 10mins

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
I was really surprised at the 118 mb size....but nothing changed

BTW I got the certificate and key now what to do next to hack...I dont understand.

Please somebody suggest an office software...

Thanks in advance

drsubhadip

In the zone
I was really surprised at the 118 mb size....but nothing changed

BTW I got the certificate and key now what to do next to hack...I dont understand.

Please somebody suggest an office software...

Thanks in advance

well u have everything and ur asking what to do..
just google...u ll know..

Please post ur encoding settings to play videos in best quality possible. i use super encoder:
container: MP4
video codec: xvid
audio codec: aac lc
video scale size : 640*360 if videos are larger than 640*360 else original size
frame rate:source frame rate
bitrate: source bitrate (anything from 500-2000)
audio attributes: source audio
high quality is checked.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
The update is 4mb if you update your mobile through GPRS/EDGE/Wifi from the fone itself. The interface changes are expected in the next update i.e. v31.

k4ce

Youngling
The update is 4mb if you update your mobile through GPRS/EDGE/Wifi from the fone itself. The interface changes are expected in the next update i.e. v31.

I sure hope v31 has what we are waiting for ... cos right now my 9k star has a better homescreen than my beloved 5800 which almost costs twice as much ...

sujoyp

Grand Master
I sure hope v31 has what we are waiting for ... cos right now my 9k star has a better homescreen than my beloved 5800 which almost costs twice as much ...
yup...I too have used a star and its interface and homescreen is better

What I dont understand is when Nokia photo browser have cool kinetic scrolling and opera 5 is also good

Y its taking soo long

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
I just bought this phone today
I wana kno if i can get office app like quick office .
I got it in 14.1k n no scienhiser but platrum n stylus only . How do i check if its got tv out .

sujoyp

Grand Master
I just bought this phone today
I wana kno if i can get office app like quick office .
I got it in 14.1k n no scienhiser but platrum n stylus only . How do i check if its got tv out .

my box has written at back that it does not support tv out...check that...I mean its a sticker on the box

k4ce

Youngling
Think all future/new buyers should take note of this ... there are three variants of 5800 for sale ...

1. around 15-16k . with 200 something preloaded songs + tv out .. this is the old version that most of have bought. It has TV out cos you get the TV Out cable... Check the MRP sticker of the box.. I say this is the best variant ..

2. 13.5-14.5k . vouncher for 100 songs , NO TV Out ... No free headfones ... DONOT go for this version cos u are stuck in between .. No headfones , no TV Out

3. 13.5-14.5k . voucher for 100 songs .. No TV Out ... FREE headfones ... In most cases, it is explicitly mentioned on the box that this variant doesnot have TV out.. Even if it aint mentioned, it does not have TV Out

sujoyp

Grand Master
Today I tested 4 headphones with 5800
1.iball one with bass vibration
2. 5800 headset
3. Seinhesser one which I got free with 5800
4. SE headset which i got with T700

I must say that nokia one is really worst....and SE one the best of these 4
Seinhesse one is clear but poor bass...didnt like much after using SE one with 5800

k4ce

Youngling
^ I use mine wid Sony MDR-ED12LP ... Not a serious audiophile so these do the Job for me ... Fit confortable and sound great ...

Yes m agree with you nokia is not giving the TV Out cable with 5800 but now nokia sennheiser headset thats also costing 2290/- ....

Think all future/new buyers should take note of this ... there are three variants of 5800 for sale ...

1. around 15-16k . with 200 something preloaded songs + tv out .. this is the old version that most of have bought. It has TV out cos you get the TV Out cable... Check the MRP sticker of the box.. I say this is the best variant ..

2. 13.5-14.5k . vouncher for 100 songs , NO TV Out ... No free headfones ... DONOT go for this version cos u are stuck in between .. No headfones , no TV Out

3. 13.5-14.5k . voucher for 100 songs .. No TV Out ... FREE headfones ... In most cases, it is explicitly mentioned on the box that this variant doesnot have TV out.. Even if it aint mentioned, it does not have TV Out

kelly

Broken In
Play Trackathon the cool game and win a new Nokia 5800 Express Music.Various other attractive prizes on offer too like Nokia 5130 Express Music to the second highest scorer. Just play n stay at the top with ur score. N what next?5800 Express Music is urs.

[FONT=&quot]*www.trackathon.in?rfr=thinkdigit[/FONT]

Top Bottom