Official Nokia 5800 XpressMusic discussion thread

sughreev

Broken In
is it possible to download tracks from the store??? can i transfer the tracks to multiple devices.. i hope it's not the same as n-gage which had no option from device to device transfer

kelly

Broken In
@sughreev
yes u can download all your fav tracks from music store but and transfer it to multiple phones....phone transfer is also possible with the help of bluetooth but that songs are DRM protected so you can't play in multiple phones....

rohitsharan

Right off the assembly line
@drsubhadip
have you tried senniehser headset with nokia 5800...i got demo from nokia concept store...music experience is really nice with this also i got nokia music store demo....its simple and easy to download music from nokia music store....also available lots of offers like free weekly tracks,Diwali special 100 free tracks....Birthday Specials 100 free tracks,and lots more...so join with nokia music store and enjoy the music with ur moods and interest....
*music.nokia.co.in/

now get free senniehser headset with new nokia 5800 xpressmusic...

i m using creative ep630 with my nokia 5800..the sound is better than my ipod suffle..

desuza.jony

Broken In
download fsecure to protect your mobile with viruses:
for those who keep downloading lot of apps, use sharing via bluetooth or connect to internet frequently from the phone here's something useful called fsecure.

*1.bp.blogspot.com/_I4D-2UIKgXc/SnTLTvsEoII/AAAAAAAAFN8/wRVRGaT98mE/s400/Scr000121.jpg

it's an anti virus application that protects the phone from virus attacks.. which some of these symbian or windows are vulnerable too :( the app is very light.. just 250 kb.. so no harm done. you can download it for free from ovi store.. just one suggestion.. you must keep updating the software version.. automatic prompts are available when you connect to the application.

Download fsecure

drsubhadip

In the zone
@drsubhadip
have you tried senniehser headset with nokia 5800...i got demo from nokia concept store...music experience is really nice with this also i got nokia music store demo....its simple and easy to download music from nokia music store....also available lots of offers like free weekly tracks,Diwali special 100 free tracks....Birthday Specials 100 free tracks,and lots more...so join with nokia music store and enjoy the music with ur moods and interest....
*music.nokia.co.in/

sorry yr..i ve already bought my 5800 on 17 th sep...
the nokia mobile is good.....

shahbose

@drsubhadip
Nokia is improving the touch interface and responsiveness on n97 with latest firmware version 2.0. It's nice to see an update like kinetic scrolling. In the past, usually Nokia did a software "update" by releasing a new phone model months later and abandoning the older one.
But can this is possible on 5800 xpressmusic....???? hope so

manojsingh15966

recently i was used opera mini browser.this help me for browsing faster and smoother...you can search with google search bar...

*www.allaboutsymbian.com/reviews/images/operamini/operamini8.jpg

Download opera mini for your phone

open your windows in new tabs....its allows you to easy backwards/and forwards option with reloading entire page again...

drsubhadip

In the zone
@drsubhadip
Nokia is improving the touch interface and responsiveness on n97 with latest firmware version 2.0. It's nice to see an update like kinetic scrolling. In the past, usually Nokia did a software "update" by releasing a new phone model months later and abandoning the older one.
But can this is possible on 5800 xpressmusic....???? hope so

lets hope they do it......
;)

desuza.jony

Broken In
what I experienced. and I didn’t like at all, is that the application is converting every other song on my system into Nokia Music format.

@drsubhadip
*music.nokia.co.in/

@ desuza.jony
The overall navigation inside the application is easy and quick. The transfer of songs from your Store to your mobile is a simple stuff of ‘Drag and drop’.

Tarun1188

is 5800 good for watching movies in nOisy surroundings ??
and does nokia mobiles vary from country to country .. i mean should i buy here itself
or shall ring ma cousin to buy one ??
& 1 more thing :) any other mobile under 15k ??
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
is 5800 good for watching movies in nOisy surroundings ??
and does nokia mobiles vary from country to country .. i mean should i buy here itself
or shall ring ma cousin to buy one ??
& 1 more thing :) any other mobile under 15k ??

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
use ur 5800 with some good headphones...u can easily watch videos...its 16:9 screen is good enough for movies
I dont think hardware wise nokia mobile differ...yes, software updates depends on place to place..

Other mobile can be W705, N79, star 3g,

k4ce

Youngling
N97 gets system wide kinetic scrolling ... Hoping a firmware update wid k-scroll for the 5800xm is round the corner

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nokia 5800 has good and loud speakerphone sound. Good for watching videos.

Tarun1188

n79.. it was in ma mind.. but due to sudden fall in its price i tht it's a faulty mobile frm nokia is it ??

k4ce

Youngling
^ no such thing ... prices are governed by market forces and also the age of the product ...so have no such worries ... go for it if u like it

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
purchased 5800XM today.

What the hell is that USB cable. My ***** is longer than that cable :)

anyways, enjoying the learning experince.

5800XM + Sennhiser CX-200 FTW.

Price for mobile: 13589
got sennhieser headphones for free.

btw, am getting too much bass with all equalizers. can you guys suggest an app that has clean sound?

sdmaverick

Journeyman
@desibond

congrats on the purchase bro...u can always change the sound profiles from your music player in case of too much bass...or try out lonelycatgames "Jukebox"

cheers!

Top Bottom