Official Nokia 5800 XpressMusic discussion thread

mikilbhatkar

Broken In
Thanks mikibhatkar...ur experience was useful...can u tell us abt the bugs and build...
Some questions..
1.does it make sounds while pressing the buttons...plastic once
2.Does the UI hangs often
3. Is the grip good enough
4. can we swap the pages by fingers(iphone type)
5. do we have themes available

1. button sounds... those inherently come with plastic buttons... but they are not at all annoying..
2. Never face the UI hang issue.
3. the grip is good... fits properly in ur hand
4. in case of viewing pictures it works, but not as smooth as the iTouch. (we need to consider that the touchscreen of 5800 is resistive type whereas in case of apple its capacitive). So its not right to expect the same touch response as apple.
5. I havent tried themes yet. Couldnt find authentic ones, for some of the themes on the net people had commented about UI hanging. So i preferred staying away from custom themes !

one more thing i need to add is that in my case im still not able to use WiFi. I can connect to a wireless network, but somehow the data transfer doesnt happen.

fabler

Journeyman
we need to consider that the touchscreen of 5800 is resistive type whereas in case of apple its capacitive

can anybody flash some light on this statement...
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
we need to consider that the touchscreen of 5800 is resistive type whereas in case of apple its capacitive

Last edited:

mikilbhatkar

Broken In
Posted again:

*www.indigadgets.com/2009/01/why-iphone-is-ahead-in-touchscreen.html

*www.windowsmobiletraining.com/Connection/forums/p/2137/7718.aspx

rajhot

S60 rocks
Posted again:

*www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/i..._tech_war_in_which_both_opponents_can_win.php

fabler

Journeyman
I've one query regarding 5800 touch.. I've seen many videos on youtube whenever people scroll through main menu they use scroll bar to scroll down/up. Does 5800 supports scrolling like iPhone ?

rajhot

S60 rocks
I've one query regarding 5800 touch.. I've seen many videos on youtube whenever people scroll through main menu they use scroll bar to scroll down/up. Does 5800 supports scrolling like iPhone ?

No. It's supported only in browser i think.

jeet_chils

Right off the assembly line
Hi friends. facing a problem with my 5800. not able to play preloaded videos on SD card (its showing around 210 videos on the card and out of the whole bunch only 3-4 are playing). shows an error message - "Invalid Clip. Operation canceled". can anyone suggest a solution? any help would be greatly appreciated.

fabler

Journeyman
Thanks for the reply rajhot..

any 5800 owner can reply this please..

Last edited:

xtremedia

Broken In
No 5800 doesnt have Swipe-to-scroll or in ur words iphone like scroll in the Menus.
It is present in Browser,Gallery,Maps etc

Scroll bar is required and if ur are in a list such as contacts or Menu in List mode, u can also select an item and move ur finger down or up while keeping ur finger pressed till u reach the last element currently shown on the screen to start scrolling(down or up).(The same applies to Menu in Grid view also but is impractical to use)

Thanks for the reply rajhot..

any 5800 owner can reply this please..

Last edited:

Tamoghno

Padawan
I just bought 5800 yesterday. But i'm very worried about build quality.

I have a small gap in the upper right corner of the phone(near front camera) , just between the bezel & the phone.i can see the light leaking. Does anybody else have this ? Owners of the phone please reply .

Tamoghno

Padawan
After searching iternet i realise this is present in *almost* all 5800. I'm very disappointed . Though i'd try to get it replaced tomorrow , but i dont think nokia care will replace for such a small defect.
Does anybody know how to remove the marking from the default screen protector? Until i find a decent screen protector , i'll have to use it.

rajhot

S60 rocks
Nokia 5800 XpressMusic gets new firmware update :

Source : *www.gsmarena.com/nokia_5800_xpressmusic_gets_new_firmware_update-news-849.php

Tamoghno

Padawan
You need to open the back cover to put the string. Put the string through the hole in the bottom left of the phone and hook the string inside. Its really hard to describe .

Anyway , have anyone installed the new picture viewer app from beta labs ? Looks awesome .
Posted again:
You need to open the back cover to put the string. Put the string through the hole in the bottom left of the phone and hook the string inside. Its really hard to describe .

Anyway , have anyone installed the new picture viewer app from beta labs ? Looks awesome

Last edited:
Top Bottom